Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 chinese languages -> mandarin or cantonese - Minitokyo

chinese languages -> mandarin or cantonese

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

shoshosho just like the topic says which language would you perfer ^o^' in like anything, music, life or you just speak it or whatever~~ =o=''

personally I think I like mandarin better because I speak it XD!!!
and it has a smoother sound...in music but then again this is just what I think =o=''

but the only thing I'll probably like about cantonese is they write the same way as me XD(brokenchan = taiwanese = does not write simplifed) XD but when reading cantonese text .... I just go blank.

so what do you think XD

..I have no idea if I'm double posting..because I'm lazie to check ------ (very irresponsible of me)

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

I'm learning mandarin, my mother family speaks cantonese but they never teach me so I have to say that prefer mandarin ^_^'

Earn money reading e-mails here

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

mandarin cuz i am mandarin ^^ actually i'm from shanghai but same thing ^^

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

understand but cant speak......both.....lol .......well maybe basics ....good enuf for me to order food....and reply to simple questions hahaha

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

Well I prefer Mandarin becuase I am Mandain, lol ^^ But I agree with you, it does have a smoother sound that Cantonese does (especially in music), but then again I'm bias on that ^^"

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

I can't speak Mandarin... plus my favorite movies of Jet Li are Cantonese, so I guess I pick that. And the Bomberman anime (not Jetters) speaks Cantonese w/o subtitles, so I'm glad I can speak Cantonese. :P I can't read or write the language tho...

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

i chose cantonese because i'm cantonese

Cadi

Cadi

True

I can't speak cantonese, I can speak mandarin, my whole family speaks madarin so I would prefer mandarin.

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

Jinpun

Jinpun

The one and only

Cantonese for me. My dad speaks Cantonese, as well as one of my friends. Granted I can't speak it, I am still partial to it...

Signature

both ^_^~!!!
I'm cantonese....but...I can also speak mandarin ^_^~!!!
both both =D~! hmz....but I think cantonese is better....cuz...I'm better in cantonese ^_^"...

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

im cantonese but i want to learn mandarin too

Signature

PiroKitty

PiroKitty

*squ33k*

I know a little bit of mandarin...but I understand fujian better than that...lol...

Signature
Avvie and signature by ShueiTenshi :D

Holt

Holt

pffft

Cantonese is a very expressive language I feel. Probably because my parents "express" themselves in cantonese to me :p
i kind of rolls off the tongue. I've learnt cantonese just from listening to my parents, friends and relatives whereas I took lessons for mandarin. I find cantonese is harder to speak because you really need the accent whereas mandarin was quite simple although I've yet to meet a "gwai lo" who can speak a word of chinese properly, madarin or cantonese.

Signature Image

Kyo26

Kyo26

Miuseiki

i prefer mandarin....but im oso wanna learn cantonese

Signature

Ying

Ying

I'll Be Back!

I prefer mandarin cause I speak it. I do understand a little cantonese but I think that language sounds more er....angular! ^_^'
I can't write though......wish I could!

Signature Image

Where there's Yin there's always Yang

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

cantonese--used to speaking it and am pretty bad at mandarine....
eventhough a lot of people that i know speak mandarine though...
a few speak cantonese so it is okay ^_^

OnePiece Fan

mandarin,of course.I don't live in the South,so I can hardly understand a film in cantonese without subs :sweat:
but for my fav star's films are more interesting in cantonese,so far I can't understand

Signature

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

I prefer cantonese cuz I am cantonese. Besides cantonese is easier for me to understand. I can't even say one word of mandarin.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

OnePiece Fan

this is a double post,caused by my connecting.lol
mod plx come and del this one.

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

My friend speaks Cantonese, and its ounds pretty cool along side with the meaning when she interprets them for me, so I'm voting Cantonese here. But preference of languages is not really what I'm looking for, unless it sounds corny, in a sense. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Periphery

The End

I want to learn Cantonese so that I can watch all the wonderful hk dramas and movies unsubbed or dubbed.

<3 Dark Mousy ! ^_^
Signature

bookworm

bookworm

Book Master

I speak both languages, but i am reall bad with manderin but ok with cantonese. I am currently trying to improve my manderin skills by taking leasons on the subject. But, the leasons don't seem to be getting me anywhere ^_^'

I would rather be a poor, poor begger in a cottage full of books, than someone who has no desire to read...

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

ehhh for some reason~~

when your mandarin trying to learn cantonese is harder because you don't read what's written~~

for cantonese people since the language is kinda slangish~~they think learning mandarin is easier~~~

oh I dunno OX I just heard this from my friend who is cantonese finds mandarin easier.

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

Can't understand or speak both LOL..
But I understand Mandarin a lot more than Cantonese actually.. since my school provides level 1 to 3 mandarin classes =_____=!!
But to my opinion I think I prefer Cantonese x__x.. Coz I think it's it's easier to learn (just that no one speaks to me in this language, thats why I can't learn!)
Unfortunately I can't speak both..sob..everyone speaks to me in english so I didn't have the opportunity to learn either ^^'

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.