Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Failure of Steamboy, good or bad - Minitokyo

Failure of Steamboy, good or bad

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Ok I just wanted to comment on the hollywood anime releases. They have hollywood actors doing the voices and are throwing the ones they think will make money out into the theaters. However this does not seem to be going well. Steamboy was one they were counting on being a hit but it is not doing well at all. However I am not sure this is a bad thing. Every single time hollywood gets its hands in something they end up ruining it.
I know there are a lot of you that do not care for dubs. However I think the dubs have gotten much, much better in the last few years. They are now hiring real actors to work in the dubbing industry. Not Hollywood actors for them but good ones, lol. I think they need to leave these shows and movies to these actors instead of taking everything and thinking they are going to do better on it sooner or later. But that is just my take on it all. What do any of you think?

My ever growing website Anime Fountain.

My forum with TONS of Anime, Video Game, J-Music news and more posted on a nearly daily basis. We search it out so you don's have to. The Anime Fountain Forum

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

I actually didn't hear of the movie Steamboy until the day it opened. There wasn't a lot of media attention or advertising of the film, at least none that I noticed anyways.

The people who do the voices for dubbing should be those who are experienced voice actors, not just Hollywood actors that will get attention because what attention their names will bring. I know the movie Shark Tale received a lot of publicity because many famous Hollywood actors had voice jobs in the film, but I don't think it did too well either, at least compared to the hype about it.

Oh SteamBoy! Didn't go wach it. I knew it was going to be a failer in the first place. Looked a bit wierd to me. Maybe it wasn't the voice actors but the movie altogether. I think the movie just didn't appeal to the America. But you know that's just me.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.