Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Taiwan Independent? - Minitokyo

Taiwan Independent?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

I watched on the news today, regarding the massive protest in Taiwan, about fighting for their independence from China.

Here's the situation:
Taiwan wants to be their own country...technically they are, I mean, they have their own government and own laws. But they are still a part of China. What do they want? To be independent. But China is obviously NOT agreeing to this. Come on, China just reunited with Hong Kong a couple of years ago...so I can see why they're not willing to let go of Taiwan. Then what's gonna happen? Will the two countries start a war (or even WWIII?? <----ok, maybe a little too dramatic =.=) But undoubtly, whatever the outcome, nearby countries and probably America, will be affected. What shall be done?

This is a very controversial issue:

So should Taiwan be independent from China or not?
I want to hear people's opinions at MT so, what is your opinion on this matter?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

aeiifreakazoid123

aeiifreakazoid123

Obey the 10-year-old teacher!

I think Taiwan should be independent from China. The only reason China wants to have Taiwan is because their power hungry! >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!! Within a few years China could become the next superpower of the world. I mean look at China, they have more people, more smart people, and once they get a better government, they'll overpower the world!!! Otherwise, ya think Taiwan should have the choice of being independent, like the Philippines. [salutes to Philippine flag]. If I'm liberal let me know. :D

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

Hmmm, they say that if China wasn't a Communist country (like now) she could be the most powerful nation in the world! Dunno if that's true...but it's sure interesting to know!

Holt

Holt

pffft

Why would Taiwan want to be independent anyway? If they hate China so much, stop importing all goods from there. Now they go running off to America for help and the US is all too happy to go against China and increase its foothold in East Asia.
If we don't want China to be a superpower, who will stand up to the US if one day they decide they want more (just look at Iraq). China will be the last country able to keep the US in check.

What's with people against communism anyway? The political system is just as good as any other, just that it's not implemented effectively with too many corrupt officials. Even so, the democratic US government is just as corrupt, invading a country allegedly for "tyranny" and then taking all the oil afterwards.

The bottom line is, although I understand that Taiwanese people want independence, China offered the same "one country, two systems" policy to Taiwan as Hong Kong. It works fine in HK so I don't see why Taiwan is so against it.

Signature Image

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

I thinkkkk taiwan should be independant ^o^''
because...because I don't know why...
why shouldn't taiwan be independant -- it's not like taiwan makes a big deal if we join china.
we just wanna be alone XD since we have our own language, laws, umm writing style is the same as hk..and umumum!!! iunno =___=''
and we're pretty far from mainland china >o<''
besides sometimes it's benefits hk, because if your from mainland china and want to go to taiwan -- you have to go to hk then to taiwan and vise vercia~~
umm sometimes it's kinda disappointing, since people can recongnise a hk person but not a taiwanese person ~~ they always ask if I'm from china..and I always say no I'm taiwanese XD and they sometimes go like what's that....and I go crying to the corner so bleh!!!

but anyways overall ^o^ I just think taiwan should be independant...but don't take it seriously since well I"m just a teenage girl who isn't very intellegent in this kinda thing...

but then again when I go back to taiwan they always ask am I american...and I say no I'm from canada..and it feels nice they they recongnise me as a canadian rather than a american...=) I don't know what I'm talking about OX

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

i honestly don't see how taiwan even thinks that they're independent from china. (maybe thats cuz my parents have been drilling that fact into my head since i was born...)

the history of the chinese and taiwanese is that taiwan was just another province of china, with ordinary citizens. ther was a rebellion on mainland china, and the rebels won (which is a good thing cuz the government sucked back then). so the defeated government ppl fled to Taiwan. and had been too chicken to go back. the Rebels, who created a new government, were thinking of driving those people out of taiwan, but decided to keep "peace". Now, after decades of peace, Taiwan is deciding that they aren't part of China...

so i don't think they deserve independence >< but maybe thats just me. (afterall I am from mainland China ^^'')

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

Well...I am a Chinese that was born and raised in Hong Kong during the English rules. I immigrated to Canada before HK was returned to China.

I believed that Taiwan should be part of China. The culture of Taiwan are just part of the Chinese culture to begin with. Almost everyone that lives in Taiwan moved from the mainland not too long ago (except for the aboriginal people on Taiwan). I think a lot of westerners get the wrong impression that Taiwan are being oppressed by China. That's probably because the western media twisted a lot of the facts around. In fact, both China and Taiwan's government agree about a one China policy in 1992 at a conference in HK. The only people that are pro-independent are those politicians in Taiwan that have a very close tie with the extreme right Japanese (they are anti-china). They used Taiwan's media to protray a very negative (and unrealistic) perspective to anything about China to Taiwan's general public. In fact, if Taiwan decides to re-unified with China, China promised Taiwan would have self-autonomy on domestic affairs and elect their own domestic leaders. They can also elect representatives to the central government of China

If those Taiwan politician are stupid enough to go independent. I say China should just cut off all the trades and Economic activity with them immediately. See if Taiwan can even last a week.... It's just illogical for Taiwan to seperate from China, from both a cultural and economical perspective

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.