Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sony lost 90.7 million in damages by Immerson Corp! o_0 - Minitokyo

Sony lost 90.7 million in damages by Immerson Corp! o_0

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Very sad news for Sony fans! According to RPGamer, the company lost 90.7 million dollars in damages by the Immersion Corp. for patent infringement on the Dual Shock controllers for the PS1 & the PS2! Immerson is expecting Sony to stop selling PS1s and PS2s that are in danger of violating the infringement! 40 other games including Final Fantasy X (PS2), Kingdom Hearts (PS2), and The Legend of Dragoon (PS1) are also in affect by this lawsuit! Here is the full article on this shocking news story, provided by RPGamer! I recommend all gamers to read this! o_0

Sony's loss by Immerson Corp.

whoa...sucks to be sony right now...
oh well thats life...i hope it doesn't affect any releases they were going to do....

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

ocelotisun

ocelotisun

SpiritedAway

I read it on a news site... It seems that Plastation sales are going to be forbidden... :x ... But Sony can still appeal... XO

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

OUCH!!thats bad.........but im sure sony will do something bout it soon .....sony shall rise again....lol

I've read this, yeah that pretty much sucks...another good reason for me to move to europe XD

Signature Image

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Yeah - over 40 games. Can you believe that?

That's a tough loss - Final Fantasy X, and Kingdom Hearts as well? Double ouch indeed. At least Sony didn't bite the bullet as hard as many other companys have in the past, but wow - a shocking move indeed.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

I've read this, yeah that pretty much sucks...another good reason for me to move to europe XD

Signature Image

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

too bad .... too bad ..... the story of legal fights return again :nya:

member of:[ecchi-club] [KittyCats]

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I'm suprised. ....Generally patents are easily broken by folks who have so much $$$. I'm disappointed that Sony took a hit, but I'm kind of glad to see the integrity of a patent validated.

This sucks, but if Sony did jack it then they deserve to lose money. But I do hope that Sony will win the appeal or at least work out a good settlement (which I'm pretty sure they will) :)

Be Free and Masturbate

although it does suck for ps1 and ps2 fans, I don't own either, so I dont really mind :)
but they better not get near the PSP or its games that I'm going to be getting soon >=(

those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Quote by Chopstickzwhoa...sucks to be sony right now...

Haha~ that was most succinct. XD <lol> And I fully agree.. seems Microsoft did the smart thing, getting out early. ^_^' Heheh~ good luck, Sony! *huggles her precious kingdom hearts XD*

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Thats the most retarded thing i have ever heard. They actually expect Sony to stop selling Ps1's and PS2s? That brings stupidity to a new level. Immersion should pick their fights wisely.
The Ape Escape series is one of my favorites u_u.... Fight Sony, Fight!!!!!

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

Holt

Holt

pffft

Sony will triumph once more! Just like the Beta-max case!
Damn corporate bastards drowning innovation >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!!

Signature Image

Bisuketto

Bisuketto

"Conversational Fountain"

90 million dollars? A Sony director could pull that out their car console XD. I share the bewilderment of the rest of you. Looks as if everyone is against Sony

'I set the timers for six minutes, the same six minutes you gave me, it was the least I could do for a friend'
'If it's not broken, don't fix it'
Signature

ManOnFire

ManOnFire

Fiery wrath time! MWAHAHAHA!

O_O Ouch... just visited Immersion Corp's site: no mistake. They apparently created a bunch of "computer immersion" stuff (makes sense, doesn't it?)for the computer. Basically a bunch of computer rumble packs... Tsk tsk tsk...

Oh, here's a link, if y'all wanna see. http://www.immersion.com/products/

If it's red or fiery, I'll pay attention! WOOHOO! If it's red and fiery, GIMME!
Check my fiery userpage! (though I'm no photoshop expert):
Signature Image
Signature image made by ShueiTenshi. Thanks!

Angel-on-Dragon

Angel-on-Dragon

DarkCrimson's Sex Slave

Quote by SharinganKnightI've read this, yeah that pretty much sucks...another good reason for me to move to europe XD

Ehem, what would that change? I hate living in Europe if it comes to that *lol* We get all consoles and games last...

But to topic: Yeah, that's pretty bad for Sony. Maybe I should buy me a PS2 with KindomHearts and FF X before it won't be selled...

Signature Image

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Never mind... I got it!

Edit~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't get it ^_^' Why are they getting screw again? Break it down for me any one I'm still alittle lost.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

gemini4life

gemini4life

The Quiet Geezer

I read a similar article in USA Today (3/29). This was a big case but it's far from over. Sony will appeal it and it'll take another 1yr to 1yr and a half to settle. Cases like this is just another day at the Sony office. If anyone should be concerned it should be Immersion. Can a small company like that stay afloat to last that long. Just because judge rules that amount doesn't mean Sony pays it right now.

I'm sure this will be like all the other cases and somewhere down the line Immersion will have to settle outside of court. As for the figure 90 some million that's nothing compared to how much Sony has made from the system and the fact is Sony should pay Immersion more for their work.

It's not that I have better vision
It's that I open my heart to that which others turn a blind eye to

amybraska

amybraska

The weak shall inherit nothing!

They can't do that >_< .that sucks like crud.I love sony games they cant :angry:

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespear

Ah..by the time this case settle...Playstation 3 would probably be out...

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.