Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gaming annoyances that game developers don't seem to get rid of. - Minitokyo

Gaming annoyances that game developers don't seem to get rid of.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

buggydude

buggydude

Now comes with 90% more fondue!

Here are some of the querks in lots of games that really annoy me and i'm sure they annoy other people too. Here are a few.
1. If the game isn't a stealth game then don't make a stealth mission in it. Case in point: Beyond Good and Evil, Rainbow Six 3 (which i know is kinda stealth but there is one mission were u must be completely undetected and it annoys me that i can't cap a guy in the head when he is alone and still get detected even when using a silenced gun)
2. No more impossible mini games of doom. mini games are supposed to be short, fun, and require almost zero skill. Case in point: goblin tag game in .hack series it was fun the first few times then it just sucked
3. Fixed camera angles are not your friend. Nuff said about that all of us at one point in time has been killed off by a zombie just off screen that decides to gnaw ur neck off.

These are a few of my peevs if you have n e of your own, sympathize with some of these, or wanna tell me i'm a crybaby for whining about this lol post away. XD

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

Norimune

Norimune

Prince of Winter

Howcome this thread pasted unnoticed?
let's see... gaming annoyances uh?
1) well, the worst is the lack of artificial intellicence in an pc rpg game that makes you get stucked betwen a table and the place you want to go because the character is too stupid to surround it...
2) in strategy game there is NO way to attack your oponents army in a disciplined way... you build your armies: archers, foot infantry, cavalry, but when you get to the place of battle, all the computer's army attacks you all toghether (not like in movies) and the worst! when you double click in the enemy's army, all you soldiers spread out and attack ONE single oponent soldier, the computer then sorrounds them with the rest of her units and destroys them in five minutes while you watch how your invested materials are reduced to nothing...
3) In racing games, when there's traffic, the civilians seem to have no sense of fear, they do horn a lot, but never change lains, they just drive directly to you doing nothing to avoid the collition...
4) in stealth games with rotating cameras, the time you spend rotating it to get a clear view of the enemy, is the exact time that takes to the enemy to discover you... (generally with your weapon unloaded)...
5) it doesn't matter how big the enemy's weapon is(machine gun, bazooka, rochet launcher, etc), once you kill him he will only give you pistol ammo...
6) with 50% of stamina and three screens away from the final boss, you will find all enemys you have killed this far along with all the previous bosses, and the final boss of the previous edition of the game... I hate this!!!!
well I could be doing this all day long...

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici." By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

Quote by NorimuneHowcome this thread pasted unnoticed?
let's see... gaming annoyances uh?
1) well, the worst is the lack of artificial intellicence in an pc rpg game that makes you get stucked betwen a table and the place you want to go because the character is too stupid to surround it...
2) in strategy game there is NO way to attack your oponents army in a disciplined way... you build your armies: archers, foot infantry, cavalry, but when you get to the place of battle, all the computer's army attacks you all toghether (not like in movies) and the worst! when you double click in the enemy's army, all you soldiers spread out and attack ONE single oponent soldier, the computer then sorrounds them with the rest of her units and destroys them in five minutes while you watch how your invested materials are reduced to nothing...
3) In racing games, when there's traffic, the civilians seem to have no sense of fear, they do horn a lot, but never change lains, they just drive directly to you doing nothing to avoid the collition...
4) in stealth games with rotating cameras, the time you spend rotating it to get a clear view of the enemy, is the exact time that takes to the enemy to discover you... (generally with your weapon unloaded)...
5) it doesn't matter how big the enemy's weapon is(machine gun, bazooka, rochet launcher, etc), once you kill him he will only give you pistol ammo...
6) with 50% of stamina and three screens away from the final boss, you will find all enemys you have killed this far along with all the previous bosses, and the final boss of the previous edition of the game... I hate this!!!!

wow! our annoyances are almost the same!

except for #6

i find it amusing to be able to kill all ur previous enemies even bosses in ur strongest level! :D

buggydude

buggydude

Now comes with 90% more fondue!

Quote by NorimuneHowcome this thread pasted unnoticed?let's see... gaming annoyances uh?

yeah you pretty much hit the nail on the head with those. I have another i was just playing FarCry recently and here's one that spawned from that- Just about to infiltrate a base filled with heavily armed mercenaries and there hasn't been any health, body armor, or ammo for you to pick up for at least 15 min.

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

1 : Games are way too easy these days. Give me hell any time cause I don't want to beat it without breaking a sweat.
2 : Button Bashing games that doesn't take reall skills
3 : Bad voice acting... Tales of Eternia made the list. Love the game, hate the voice acting.
4 : Stupid looking enemies... Ok? I just saw a preview of Suikoden IV and they were fighting Sea weeds ( wtf!)
5 : Bad presentation ( text copy, graphics, etc. ) Atlus is a good example and some of the Castlevania series. The best I seen are from Capcom and Squareenix.
6 : Not much multi player RPG. What happen to the options of having your friend join you in games like Kingdom Heart or FF series ( Like Final Fantasy 6 )

I'll think of more later...

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

the only thing annoying me todays is the Camrea angles. just look at DMC3 and MGS3

Signature

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.