Taken Advantage

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Cancel

i started thinking...since there are people that do take advantage of others' kindness if any of you guys have been taken adventage of....

people have taken advantage of my kindness and generosity....
helping with homework for free and letting people barrow money...without getting paid back unless i frequently remind them over a long period of time...

now it's your turn!

• Mar 29, 2005

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Cancel

Quote by YugureKazei started thinking...since there are people that do take advantage of
others' kindness if any of you guys have been taken adventage of....
helping with homework for free and letting people barrow
money...without getting paid back unless i frequently remind them over
a long period of time...
now it's your turn!

Yeah, when you act kind to them and then they start talking trash behind your back. I'm getting less and less fond of this "true friend" ordeal, really. Who the heck thinks they are perfect? It's all about friends ganging up on certain people's ideas and making the other person feel bad by poking at their insecurities. The nerve. **Sighs**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Cancel

im just too nice sometimes and i can't say no to a pretty face
in the end my friends get out of doing hard work
or my wallet ends up lighter...
oh well..gotta be more tougher in life >_<

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

• Mar 29, 2005

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Cancel

Quote by Celessa

Quote by YugureKazei started thinking...since there are people that do
take advantage of
a long period of time...
now it's your turn!

Yeah, when you act kind to them and then they start talking
trash behind your back. I'm getting less and less fond of this "true
friend" ordeal, really. Who the heck think they are perfect? It's all
about friends ganging up on your idea and making the other person feel
bad. The nerve. **Sighs**

that is true but for some reason insults don't really bug me...i seem to tone them out....yeah it's weird but if it works it works, right???

• Mar 29, 2005

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Cancel

Quote by YugureKazethat is true but for some reason insults don't really bug me...i seem
to tone them out....yeah it's weird but if it works it works, right???

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I do leave on the forums sometimes - people who "pretend" to be nice but burn others out unexpectedly because of the insecurities.

I like to call them "Two-faced" people, individuals who get too picky on perfection. I don't really like how one person who acts or is in charge, to start flinging at other members' flaws, unless it's quite obvious.

But yes, I agree - I do my best to shrug it off as well. Sometimes being too nice has its own cutbacks, I suppose - and that's what people do to take advantage of others, naturally in the long run. It's the hate of the human race, indeed. **Nods**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

chibi-lizard

chibi-lizard

the official cicak kecil

Cancel

Quote by YugureKazei started thinking...since there are people that do take advantage of
a long period of time...
now it's your turn!

it ish lizzie ish it ?? :( lizzie ish evil !! *cries* T_T lizzie always bother kazziiee bout userpage T_T gomen-ne kazziiee T_T

.:: [ S . U . K . I - S . A . N . C . T . U . A . R . Y ] ::.
Signature Image
.: don't kill me cause i'm a lizard :.

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Cancel

Well I got taken advantage too many times in my life to count, I am a nice guy, so I have a tough time saying no to people. I would feel bad if I don't help them out, but they turn around and stab me in the back when I needed their help. That really made me mad, and they took me for granted. There is more to the story, but I don't want dwell on the past. I stop being friends with them, and I have really nice and supportive friends now that would be there when I needed them. I am very thankful for that. :)

Quote by chibi-lizard

a long period of time...
now it's your turn!

it ish lizzie ish it ?? :( lizzie ish evil !! *cries* T_T lizzie always bother kazziiee bout userpage T_T gomen-ne kazziiee T_T

No way, lizzie is nice, and lizzie is a lizard, so lizard are good animal, not evil. ;)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

• Mar 29, 2005

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

Cancel

I think that taking adventages of osmeones kindness sucks!
I don't mind people who ask for my help, since I offered it, but I do get pissed off, if the do something behind my back that includes me in any way and after that they're saying 'sorry, we didn't think you'd mind!'.
And I have a friend that borrows money and never return it, no matter how many times I'll remind him. Well, that's the last time I borrewed him anything.

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

Cancel

I been know to take advantage of others' to feed my only selfish need.
My friends don't even know that I was useing them like I use so many other to my use.
Believe me or not it is your chose :)

• Mar 29, 2005

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Cancel

Quote by chibi-lizard

a long period of time...
now it's your turn!

your not mean lizzie, i like helping helping friends out so it doesn't mean tht you're taking advantage of me ^_^

Quote by Celessa

Quote by YugureKazethat is true but for some reason insults don't really
bug me...i seem
to tone them out....yeah it's weird but if it works it works,
right???

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I do leave on the
forums sometimes - people who "pretend" to be nice but burn others out
unexpectedly because of the insecurities.
I like to call them "Two-faced" people, individuals who get too picky
on perfection. I don't really like how one person who acts or is in
charge, to start flinging at other members' flaws, unless it's quite
obvious.
But yes, I agree - I do my best to shrug it off as well. Sometimes
being too nice has its own cutbacks, I suppose - and that's what people
do to take advantage of others, naturally in the long run. It's the
hate of the human race, indeed. **Nods**

two faced...hahaha it sound so weird to call someone that though, don't you think?
yeah i used to know some people who acted nice to comeone to get something then started talking behind their backs a few days after...it''s not right...talking gossip/trash about someone that has helped you out...

• Mar 29, 2005

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

Cancel

my school is full of people who try to take advantage of their friends. I knew this girl, who was my best friend since Kindergarten (sadly to say, we're not anymore...but it's for the best) and everytime she'd wind up in a bad situation she'd go "common, you've known me for how long?" and she'd always used that as an excuse for everything. Finally, I just told her that she couldn't do that every single time because real friends wouldn't keep using that same excuse to keep getting stuff out of their friends. She got mad at me, but what the hey? I was tired of being stepped on by her and someone had to say it to her.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Cancel

Its usually me taking advantage of the other person. Yes, I get ripped sometimes, but I do my fair share of using people as well.

• Mar 29, 2005

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Cancel

Quote by YugureKazetwo faced...hahaha it sound so weird to call someone that though, don't
you think?

lol - I could have called them a double-sided coin, but I was referring to the two-faced person because technically each person has a so-called light side and dark side from within [balanced alignment, I believe it was called around here].

Not sure if you know any myths in Japan, but there was the light side - the outer appearance of the person that was referred to as the Sun - because the Sun was about to touch their face. Then you have the dark side of the person, the inner appearance where light can never shine through the outside of a human being, and they would call this the Moon.

Technically they were called two-faced because if you gazed in a mirror at night, you are bound to see a part of your light side [the Sun] and the dark side [the Moon] and everything inbetween [the Stars] but I won't get into the Stars part though. lol - In essence, this reflects the light side of the individual, the dark side of the individual, and the struggles that lay inbetween - as to Stars passing out, and being reborn.

Anyways, to make the story short, because the Moon walked in legs faster than the Sun, no matter where the light may go [kindness], there will always be the dark following as a shadow behind the light as well [cruelty]. Because the Moon was the swifter of the two, the person who generally does something nice to compliment the other, is normally overshadowed by their backstabbing nature - sort of like a human being saying something nice to their so-called friends and when they turn around and walk away, they mock the individual, because technically its pretty easy to make fun out of a person rather than treat the person with respect, dignity, and the sorts. It happens all too well. lol - O_o Enough of that story.

Quote by YugureKazeyeah i used to know some people who acted nice to comeone to get
something then started talking behind their backs a few days
after...it''s not right...talking gossip/trash about someone that has
helped you out...

Yeah, and being taken advantage like that - it's really funny how people can quickly turn towards you and against you in a split second, if you aren't too careful. I find it crazy indeed - but hey, people do it often - its human nature. It's just that people who overdo it and criticize others like its their livelihood to bring others down and taking advantage of them like so - that can drive a lot of people crazy, apparently.

Signature

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Cancel

Yeah, being taken advantage is no fun at all! I like helping people out too, its just my nature i guess, i don't know...and sometimes i feel i help for nothing...like if i needed help, i wouldn't get it...but then i also have good friends who i know i could turn to, which makes me feel a lot better :D

The person who takes advantage of me the most right now would be my roommate. I seem to do everything around the room, cleaning wise. And, i brought all of the appliances we use. Then i ask her if she could get a fan...and she doesn't, she expects me to get one..i just get ticked over the lack of help from her. >=( I wish she would try to contribute to things, not just use my stuff all the time. I don't mind sharing, but a little gratitude would be nice.

Signature

• Mar 29, 2005

equinox01

equinox01

Lost In Darkness

Cancel

no I usually stay away from tha leeches but many poeple at my school only see and talk to to my Facade so they are seeing the truth

Signature
I don' Like myself much
Shadow

• Mar 29, 2005

Jheiracks

Jheiracks

absently lost in creation

Cancel

I am the type who is more than willing to help out a friend if they need it, although I have a very strict personal policy as to who I call my friend. Although, I still let one of my friends burn me, quite often actually. That part is totally my fault I give her the space to walk on me. I am myself, a crazy combination of both the Sun and the Moon. I don’t see a point to be anything I’m not, just seems like a huge waste of time. Life is full of so many wonderful, not to mention tragically funny things that can easily be missed if your too busy keeping straight who your slamming and who your being nice too. Most people like that I don’t even bother giving any attention to. I usually figure that if they are worth my time and friendship then they’ll change, and if not then their loss. *chuckles* FYI, my friend has great potential, she’s just . . . . naive world wise, her parents sheltered her far too much! :P

darkwaterbunny

darkwaterbunny

cancha! And MORE cancha!

Cancel

Quote by CelessaI like to call them "Two-faced" people, individuals who get too picky on perfection. I don't really like how one person who acts or is in charge, to start flinging at other members' flaws, unless it's quite obvious.
But yes, I agree - I do my best to shrug it off as well. Sometimes being too nice has its own cutbacks, I suppose - and that's what people do to take advantage of others, naturally in the long run. It's the hate of the human race, indeed. **Nods**

Yep. Human nature alright, people are really just trying to get what they want, survivial of the fittest? I would think so, but sometimes, what some people do. Its just blow everything, but sometimes its just because they dont want to do anything. I myself have gone through this, so I dont try to get close to people. It has painful results because people can change side so quick, you wont even have time to blink. But, this could be just because we are naive? I guess that the world that we are living in right now is like that. So, fewer "good" people will be left standing...

• Mar 30, 2005

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

Cancel

Quote by Celessa

Quote by YugureKazethat is true but for some reason insults don't really
bug me...i seem
to tone them out....yeah it's weird but if it works it works,
right???

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I do leave on the
forums sometimes - people who "pretend" to be nice but burn others out
unexpectedly because of the insecurities.
I like to call them "Two-faced" people, individuals who get too picky
on perfection. I don't really like how one person who acts or is in
charge, to start flinging at other members' flaws, unless it's quite
obvious.

okay wait, your talking about taking offense from someone insulting you or, "playing you" on the net?! oh dear god! why do you eve pay attention or CARE for that matter? if you feel the need to respond just tell them, Who bothered to spawn you? and better yet why?

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

• Mar 30, 2005

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Cancel

Quote by Celessa

Quote by YugureKazetwo faced...hahaha it sound so weird to call someone
that though, don't
you think?

lol - I could have called them a double-sided coin,
but I was referring to the two-faced person because technically each
person has a so-called light side and dark side from within [balanced
alignment, I believe it was called around here].
Not sure if you know any myths in Japan, but there was the light side -
the outer appearance of the person that was referred to as the Sun -
because the Sun was about to touch their face. Then you have the dark
side of the person, the inner appearance where light can never shine
through the outside of a human being, and they would call this the
Moon.
Technically they were called two-faced because if you gazed in a mirror
at night, you are bound to see a part of your light side [the Sun] and
the dark side [the Moon] and everything inbetween [the Stars] but I
won't get into the Stars part though. lol - In essence, this reflects
the light side of the individual, the dark side of the individual, and
the struggles that lay inbetween - as to Stars passing out, and being
reborn.
Anyways, to make the story short, because the Moon walked in legs
faster than the Sun, no matter where the light may go [kindness], there
will always be the dark following as a shadow behind the light as well
[cruelty]. Because the Moon was the swifter of the two, the person who
generally does something nice to compliment the other, is normally
overshadowed by their backstabbing nature - sort of like a human being
saying something nice to their so-called friends and when they turn
around and walk away, they mock the individual, because technically its
pretty easy to make fun out of a person rather than treat the person
with respect, dignity, and the sorts. It happens all too well. lol -
O_o Enough of that story.

that is an interesting story
i should look in a mirror...^_^
half kind and half cruel...that sounds about right for everyone...even if they don't show their dark side to often...
inner darkness, outer light...kind exterior, cruel interior...that is really cool...sounds kinda like yin and yang ^_^
thanks a lot for sharing that story!

Quote by JheiracksI am the type who is more than willing to help out a friend if they
need it, although I have a very strict personal policy as to who I call
my friend. Although, I still let one of my friends burn me, quite often
actually. That part is totally my fault I give her the space to walk on
me. I am myself, a crazy combination of both the Sun and the Moon. I
don’t see a point to be anything I’m not, just seems like a huge waste
of time. Life is full of so many wonderful, not to mention tragically
funny things that can easily be missed if your too busy keeping
straight who your slamming and who your being nice too. Most people
like that I don’t even bother giving any attention to. I usually figure
that if they are worth my time and friendship then they’ll change, and
if not then their loss. *chuckles* FYI, my friend has great potential,
she’s just . . . . naive world wise, her parents sheltered her far too
much! :P

that sounds like my cousin..but she doesn't ask for too many favors...
her parents are sheltering her as well...she has a lot of potential...she recently started coming online and wants to learn as much as she can about making web sites/pages...
she isn't even allowed to visit friends...it is really sad

Quote by darkwaterbunny

Quote by CelessaI like to call them "Two-faced" people, individuals who
get too picky on perfection. I don't really like how one person who
acts or is in charge, to start flinging at other members' flaws, unless
it's quite obvious.

Yep. Human nature alright, people are really just trying to get what
they want, survivial of the fittest? I would think so, but sometimes,
what some people do. Its just blow everything, but sometimes its just
because they dont want to do anything. I myself have gone through this,
so I dont try to get close to people. It has painful results because
people can change side so quick, you wont even have time to blink. But,
this could be just because we are naive? I guess that the world that we
are living in right now is like that. So, fewer "good" people will be
left standing...

aww come on not all people can be that bad...
i think that i'm a pretty good person...
i do my best not to be fake to myself though,,,
but the fact that people can/wil backstab you shouldn't be a reason to not be close people

• Mar 30, 2005

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Cancel

Quote by Distortionokay wait, your talking about taking offense from someone insulting you
or, "playing you" on the net?! why do you eve pay
attention or CARE for that matter?

lol - You haven't learned anything much, have you? - From what I've given so far. Well - it's a long story, but I'm not going to go there explaining about it point by point, so I'll condense it for you - just don't hastily conclude something that I haven't even had the chance of explaining about around here, as of yet. All I have to say to those people out there who do so: Shame! Shame! ROFL. Alright, its time to get down to business here. **Snickers**

Read the after part. I said I shrugged it off - and I normally in general don't care about these sort of issues personally. I obviously left a few of those forums years ago because it would benefit me going to much friendlier ones, and ones with at least some sort of structurized community out there. The mods weren't doing their jobs on one of the forums I used to go to, and several members backstabbed each other back and forth with very little warning and supervision - kind of like a who-backstabbed-who kind of race. It got out of hand, and I got sick and tired of it, so what better than to just leave the place, rather than stay there and waste your energy trying to cool off their heads? lol - I wouldn't bother taking my time. It's not that I didn't care - it was inevitable and unavoidable, and it would be best to carry your bags on the situation, shrug off all those problems flying everywhere, and just move on. It was practically not just one member who was starting the back-stabbing flame wars, but many. It's hard to turn a blind eye whenever your friend starts doing it towards his or her own friends as well, ya? That's what raised my eyebrow a little bit.

Too many friends picking on which sides to go to, and then shouting out side rumors behind their so-called allies' backs by playing as the anonymous guest - a nightmare, I may recall. I left there in a hurry - bad moments for everyone, I suppose - lol. It started out as a secretive chat, then it became a boiling pot of rumors, and after someone decided to leak out the information by "quoting" off what one typical member said - that's where the actual flame wars began and that was when I just gave up and left in secret. No point in looking back when these go way beyond your own control. I wasn't really involved in any of them, but the sights was proof enough. Forget about it - nothing can be done. It's over. **Shrugs**

Quote by Distortionif you feel the need to respond just
tell them, Who bothered to spawn you? and better yet why?

lol - I was kind of being honest to them in respects and asking them why the hot hand on these issues - and why are they actually pointing fingers at one another - but they seem to lose the main focus of "Why?" and became more of those "you flame me, I flame you back" type of people. It gets ridiculous, I know. @_@ Putting your head on the chopping block by asking why in front of a person was very hard - and I had to pick a few members who were at least cool about the whole situation, but it seems that anyone who questions other people's judgment will be dragged into the back-stabbing war themselves - sort of speaking - it's a childish game, nonetheless, and one I didn't like at all.

Pretty much, not everyone gets along, and no - members have varied opinions that not many agreed upon. I'm still in a couple of forums where you can sense members being pretty mischievous themselves, but at least its not to the point where they start directly attacking people in public, if you know what I mean.

Actually - that was a long post - so I'm done explaining my story. @_@ - I'm going to need more pocky now. lol

Quote by darkwaterbunnyYep. Human nature alright, people are really just trying to get what
they want, survivial of the fittest? I would think so, but sometimes,
what some people do. Its just blow everything, but sometimes its just
because they dont want to do anything. I myself have gone through this,
so I dont try to get close to people. It has painful results because
people can change side so quick, you wont even have time to blink. But,
this could be just because we are naive? I guess that the world that we
are living in right now is like that. So, fewer "good" people will be
left standing...

Yeah, I can relate to that one. **Nods** Which is why I should really just get along with friends whom I trust more, and not get too close to certain people at times. There's not that many whom I can trust around anywhere, anymore - fewer "good" people will be left standing - I agree. That's why I have to try to keep in touch with those who aren't like that - you know, the back-stabbing sort of people, true friends who never talk negatively towards one's back. We need more people who are always positive, friendly, and optimistic - people who are carefree. kaolla-kake is one of them who mentioned about it - and I admire what this person said in one of the other topics - People just want to have fun, so there's no point in watching others start bickering out in public. I'm cool with that - well said, darkwaterbunny. **Bows**

Signature

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Cancel

I think that most people are truely good, those who backstab just need a while to learn what friendship is about. I mean, they must only talk behind your back to get recognition in some other group. And a group who accepts people who insults others, must be a group full of unreliable friends. Hopefully soon they'll all realize that just respecting everyone will get them the caring freinds they actually want. I try to find people who understand respect, although its hard. A true friend is someone who stands up for you when you're not around.

Anyway, i think i borrow too much stuff from Kaze, its just cause hes a nice guy... Dont think thats taking advantage of him, well hopefully he doesnt think so.

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Cancel

Quote by LastDinosaurI think that most people are truely good, those who backstab just need
a while to learn what friendship is about. I mean, they must only talk
behind your back to get recognition in some other group. And a group
who accepts people who insults others, must be a group full of
unreliable friends. Hopefully soon they'll all realize that just
respecting everyone will get them the caring freinds they actually
want. I try to find people who understand respect, although its hard. A
true friend is someone who stands up for you when you're not around.
Anyway, i think i borrow too much stuff from Kaze, its just cause hes a
nice guy... Dont think thats taking advantage of him, well hopefully he
doesnt think so.

don't worry about it dino ^_^
it never hurts to help a friend out that is in need of help, right??

• Mar 30, 2005

Jheiracks

Jheiracks

absently lost in creation

Cancel

Quote by JheiracksI am the type who is more than willing to help out a friend if they
need it, although I have a very strict personal policy as to who I call
my friend. Although, I still let one of my friends burn me, quite often
actually. That part is totally my fault I give her the space to walk on
me. I am myself, a crazy combination of both the Sun and the Moon. I
don’t see a point to be anything I’m not, just seems like a huge waste
of time. Life is full of so many wonderful, not to mention tragically
funny things that can easily be missed if your too busy keeping
straight who your slamming and who your being nice too. Most people
like that I don’t even bother giving any attention to. I usually figure
that if they are worth my time and friendship then they’ll change, and
if not then their loss. *chuckles* FYI, my friend has great potential,
she’s just . . . . naive world wise, her parents sheltered her far too
much! :P

Quote by YugureKaze
that sounds like my cousin..but she doesn't ask for too many favors...
her parents are sheltering her as well...she has a lot of potential...she recently started coming online and wants to learn as much as she can about making web sites/pages...
she isn't even allowed to visit friends...it is really sad

Sorry to hear about your cousin, I hope finally learns the joy of standing on her own two feet. The computer was my husband salvation when he was growing up, although it had some not so good effects. Just remember to tell her that hiding away from life by way of the internet. I took him a long while to come out of his shell, let alone to come the realization that he could experience more positive things then he could via the net.

Takeshi1589

Takeshi1589

King of Cynicism

Cancel

I'm constantly taken advantage of......I've always made good grades at school and I can't say 'no' if someone asks for help....*sigh*...I hate it....people abuse me in a way...they slack off and then rely on my to get a good grade..they even say so....to my face. *sigh* Oh well....that's their problem. Won't let them bother me. I'll be the one that benefits in the long run. Too bad they won't realize that and change themselves.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.