Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you cry? - Minitokyo

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 78 total items

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Mordin, i'm sure the tears will come, perhaps the setting just wasn't right, or you were just in shock over the whole situation. But, if they don't, you aren't the only one who seems to have this problem. I have talked to a couple other people who just can't seem to cry either. I really don't have a problem crying if i need to get the emotion out, tho i don't cry very often. I still think you will be able to relieve this emotion eventually, it can't just keep building up without a release. I hope things work out for you, i'm sorry about your teacher, its so sad that this happened. T_T I hope you feel better soon.

Signature

Evanrued

Evanrued

Here and there from time to time

As many have stated before, its a natural human emotion. Or a way of showing it. I do cry. I cry when something touches me deeply. Sometimes I wish that I wouldnt get so attatched to things, then I wouldnt cry when I lost them. But, that just seems too cruel. Showing emotion, just lets one know, that in a way, you are alive. But as for me, majority of the times I cry, it is for the dead. Many have died and because of that, I have lost many. I dont really think that its because I'm afraid to lose anymore that I keep myself secluded. I just want to keep what I have for as long as I can. Crying for someone or something, just showes you have an understanding. But I still move on, because I can.

Signature

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Sad story Handsome... i'm sorry to hear it... But as some people already said, not crying doesn't mean being emotionless. The mere fact that you feel bad about not being able to cry for her is enough proof that you feel for her... a lot. As gemini4life already said, there is a difference between man's tears and women's, and the difference isn't bad in itself... But, keeping everything cooped up inside is not necessarily a good thing either...

To answer your question, yes i do cry... when i'm alone, in my room. Like yourself i built a shield around myself, oh so long ago. I was unable to show any kind of emotion to anyone. I even had a hard time to smile. Useless to say i didn't cry in front of anyone either. Not because i wasn't sad... I was. I grew up surrounded by loneliness, pain and sadness, but i just didn't want anyone to see through me. Hell, I remember one time, my mother, who is a crybaby by the way , even got mad at me because I seemed to be emotionless. I reminded her of my father, who does seem to be tearless...

I don't know what made me change, but today, i smile a lot, laugh a lot... almost always actually. ^^ But "indifference" still seems to be my main emotion... I received so many bad news from my mother the past few weeks, and it still doesn't seem to sink in... The only words i managed to blurt out to her were "it's bad" and "i'm sorry"...

To get back to your feelings, i seriously doubt I would cry if i learned my favorite teacher is doing to die from cancer... but then, if you think about it, is it really what that person needs? To see more people cry as she is going to leave them. Don't you think she'd rather be with people who can cheer her up? I know, if i were about to die, i certainly wouldn't want people to pity me or cry for me, I'd just want them to be there for me, people to have good times with... That's all i can say... -_-

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

hey thanks for the warm responds, and I thank you all for spending the time to read my long posts. I can see the merits of argument in both sides of crying and not crying, and I will do my best to make my teacher happy in the few periods that she has left in this place. I will do my best to show her how mucch I care about her.

i have been doing touchy posts lately, hope it doesn't sound too odd to my online friends. I guess some of my friends had notice that, I am not myself lately. I will be better next week, I just need to settle this pain inside myself first, and I will be back to my normal cheerful self in no time. thanks to you all for the kind words.

Btw, My apologies to chopper, it seems he has a crying thread also, so I guess I should have posted there, I am very sorry chopper for not doing a good job searching, my mind isn't as sharp as it should be consider my chaotic emotion right now. Hope you will forgive me.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

saki crys all the time ....

whenever saki see's someone else crying .. saki starts to cry cry cry cryy ..
saki's always been a baby ... ;___;

butbutbut .. like someone said in here already .. crying is one of many forms of expressing sadness .. ^-^ so don't worry about it mordiiee .....

Scarlet

Scarlet

Wouldn't you wanna know?

Mordin, it's very common that when a very strong shock comes up, you find yourself unable to cry. It was the same for me when my Dad told me that Grandpa died. I couldn't cry for hours because I was having a hard time accepting it in the first place and then it just broke out...

But I cry pretty often. And not only when I'm sad. When I'm feeling all emotional, or when remembering something really good, or just when I'm tired and depressed...

I find it's a good way to "get it all out of your system". They say the same thing about sex, but I'm too young to know. XP *laughs* But you see what I mean...

But when I'm feeling depressed, I have a good cry, then write a mail to my friends (becausewhen you put your problems down in written form, it makes you feel better) or call them. By the way, writing things out is something you could try... A story or just your thoughts... it does make you feel better, guranteed!

--Scarlet

Cadi

Cadi

True

I cry, sometimes. When I'm really sad, like when I found out my grandmother had cancer. But sometimes I'm like you Mordin, I feel really bad, but somehow I just can't express myself and I feel horrible for not showing my sadness for the person.

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

Jheiracks

Jheiracks

absently lost in creation

Mordin, I think your fine as you are. Not that I know you all that well but being upset over something like this isn't something you'll get over quickly. Keep talking about it, talking is sometimes the best medicine. As others have said, perhaps a cheerful face is the best medicine for her. Not crying isn't a bad thing. For a person who is as in touch with herself as I am, heh. I am terrible at crying. I guess I've just taught myself not to. Perhaps you have done the same. I wish you well and your teacher a peaceful parting. Hang in there we are all here for you.

kimifox

kimifox

dysfunctional idealist

I don't cry very much, and if I do, I try to do it by myself. Sometimes I don't do a very good job - occasionally I get overwhelmed and flip out in public.
However, if you're at the point where you think "I think I'd feel better if I just cried!" may I humbly suggest holing up by yourself and watching a sad movie. I suggest "Finding Neverland." I think it's out on DVD now. God - I almost totally embarassed myself in the theatre over that one. ^_^'

I'm glad that you had the guts to share something like that. And look at all the thoughtful responses you've received! :)

Good luck, and I'll be thinking about you.

Signature
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/forcefirefox/"]Force Firefox[/url] The Fox Loves You. Love the Fox.
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/order-of-reason/"]Order-of-Reason[/url]

Kumiko-H

Kumiko-H

Professional reader

Yes I cry, not as much as I use, too. Sometimes things hurt so bad tears can't really express your feelings. Sometimes you have to think of other things to keep your self from crumbling inside. But if you feel you need to cry then put everything out of your mind. And just think about the person and the tears will come. When my aunt was in the last stages of cancer I didn't cry because I continued to think that some way she was going to recover from this. I just knew she was. But one when she passed, the dam broke and everything came out of me. You might still have hope in you as I did and it can prevent the tears. Don't think of yourself as being wrong for not crying. Its just not time to release those precious tears.

Signature
All I want to do is read all day long. Can someone tell me how I can get a job like that! LET'S LEAD THE PROFESSIONAL READERS REVOLUTION!!! Any takers???

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

The last time I cried was some 6 to 7 years ago. Too hard to cry.

Quote by kimifoxI don't cry very much, and if I do, I try to do it by myself. Sometimes
I don't do a very good job - occasionally I get overwhelmed and flip
out in public. However, if you're at the point where you think "I think
I'd feel better if I just cried!" may I humbly suggest holing up by
yourself and watching a sad movie. I suggest "Finding Neverland." I
think it's out on DVD now. God - I almost totally embarassed myself in
the theatre over that one. ^_^' I'm glad that you had the guts to share
something like that. And look at all the thoughtful responses you've
received! :) Good luck, and I'll be thinking about you.

Sorry. I don't have emotions from movies.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

I cry a lot when I watch sad shows. ^^;;

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I haven't cried in a long time, and it seems unnatural to me now... ...But I know I cried when my dog died (years ago.) It took a few days, but finally I cried it out, and I felt a little better for it. I'm not sure where crying comes from, but it sure is a strange animal. It shows up when you wish it wasn't there, and then when you wish it was, it's nowhere to be found.

I'm sorry to hear about your teacher. :( It sounds like she was really dear to you. It sounds like she and you have a special bond, and that she made a meaningful contribution to your life. I'm really glad that you're there for her, and I think that means alot. ....i barely keep in touch with those who educated me, even though I remember them well. I'm glad that you're there for her, because it sounds like it is something very special.

I hope this terrible experience can be as painless as possible for you both. Good luck Mordin.

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Sometimes you can feel like crying, but not show tears. Happens to me, sometimes I'm even at the point where I feel that I should cry, but can't let out the tears. Like a few years ago when my grandma died, I felt very sad, just didn't cry. I don't think its really wrong. Well instead of crying, you can try helping out your teacher in any way possible, and just being with her. Just by showing her you care, I guess it makes up for not crying over her.

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

I haven't cried for a while.
The only time I cry is when I lost someone or other sad stuff

Eveyone crys. I haven't in quite a while. Usually its because of pent up emotion on some subject.

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

yes of course i do
when i watch a sad anime or movie i cry or get teary-eyed
when i recieve sad information
sometimes if i get hurt enough and feel a lot of pain usually get tears too...
i don't really care what people say if i do cry, it's better to be open with your feelings and staying true to yourself, don't you think so? i for one believe that there is nothing wrong with showing your true emotions once in a while or all the time...it's all a part of life
hmm...pretty long list...i guess...

Jyu-Jyu

Jyu-Jyu

*blush*

I'm really sorry to hear about your teacher! *comforts mordin* and even though you don't cry...it's okay...as long as you've expressed your feelings and concern to your teacher...that's what's MOST important. And it is a good idea that you will be visiting her again! ^_^ btw....you shouldn't keep things inside yourself....it'll just pile up...so like jheiracks said...talk bout it...even if it's only to ppl you trust. Share your burden with others so they can help you carry it with you so that you will not become weary. ^_^ hope that things will get better...^_^ take care!! *hugs*

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

Normally all people cries. me too! for me, the word "boys shouldn't cry" is not exist. there are many types of cry, like crying because of sad, because of laughing too much, and because he/she is happy.

Pride comes before the fall

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

wow, so many great posts in this thread, I believe this is by far the best responds I have gotton from any of my threads. I thank you all my from the bottom of my heart to share your thoughts on this matter, because this is the second most difficult time in life.

Update: I spend all day yesterday with my teacher, and I can't believe how much I miss simples things such as a smile or a hug from her. She is a very brave woman, and she still enjoying her life in her limited time on this planet. We had a great time being with each other, and it was the best day of my life. I am very happy and content, because it feels like I have grown as a person. She doesn't have any children or family, so I am her only child I suppose, so I want to be there for her. I know what loneliness is having spending most of my early life in the darkness, but this woman drag me out of darkness and gave me light when she didn't have anyone of her own, she understands me and I understand her. No one should die alone, I will be her guardian for the time being. I will treasure each moment we have left together.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

yournemesis

yournemesis

Galaxy Angel for EVERRRR

Vac: i am i person very sensible. I cry easy. For this reason i create Dxy and Vax for dont cry.

Dxy: yes yes :o When he looks the blood, . . . XD better dont say nothing.

Vax: :sweat:

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

I haven't cried in a long time, I used to cry allthe time.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

lol i cry so easily to tell u the truth!

X.X if u tell me something sad or tell me something hurtful, then i cry my heart out. lol

but i seem to control it sometimes. lol

Signature
oh yah?
can u say, GS/GSD fan crazy? yes u can. =]

Ying

Ying

I'll Be Back!

I know this a is an old thread but I really felt like answearing it anyway

There was a person I held very dear who died in cancer a couple a years ago
I was only a kid back then and it was the first funeral I attended.
Mother was crying and a lot of other people too.....but not me.
I did feel sad but I didn't shead a single tear........

Now when I think back at that time, I think it was me who needed time to realise that she really was dead. Cause I have cried many tears for her but years after her death!

Jupp that's all! I hope that gave you some deep thoughts! ^_^

Signature Image

Where there's Yin there's always Yang

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 78 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.