Your favourite word and the longest word in you language.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Nona

Nona

Tsubasa forever

Cancel

It's very intresting that many people of the world can meet here at Minitokyo. I'm from Hungary, a small country in Middle-Europe. My favourite hungarian word is levego it means air, and susogo it's means something like hush. This is all I can think of now
And the longest hungarian word is: megkaposztasitottalanitottatok, actually this word does not have any meaning, but it is the longest one and has something to do with cabbage.

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Cancel

lol.

as people already know (I think I've lost the count of how many times I've said it) I'm from Italy... sooooo.... let'see. an italian word that I like. Huh. I don't know. Prolly "battagliero" which means "warlike". Also "vivere" which means "to live". And "dolore" which means "pain".

As for the longest word... uh. I guess supercalifragilistichespiralidoso lol. It doesn't have any meaning though >_<

Cancel

This is the only big word i use in my vocabulary. I'm from New York so i mostly speak english even though i am a hispanic. Anywayz me and my best friend love this word. We use it all the time. The word is....*drum roll*....DISCOMBOBULATED lol XD. It means "confused" or "disarranged"

Signature

• Mar 29, 2005

ynk

ynk

just me..:D

Cancel

In polish the longest word i "Konstantynopolitańczykowianeczka" :D And it's a surnameXD It means a girl living in city "Konstantynopol" ^^'

watching the moon during sunrise

Cancel

Methionylthreonylthreonyl...isoleucine (189,819 letters)

I use it in my everyday vocabulary

Signature Image

Cancel

Hi guys,
i'm from Sardinya, here we speach Italian and OUR language, the Limba language.
I have a favorite expression: "Hello bois", same sound like english, but it mean: "You also".
Just a multilanguage pun.

• Mar 30, 2005

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Cancel

Quote by SharinganKnightMethionylthreonylthreonyl...isoleucine (189,819 letters)

hum aren't the the amino-acids ?? ahah gotta learn them all, it's great ^_^'

i'm from France, and my fav word ever is "passionement" which means passionately (ahah pretty close words).
longer word i know would be "anticonstitutionnellement" (hope i spell it right) which means again anticonstitutionnally :nya:

• Mar 30, 2005

OuTMaN

Dita Liebely fan

Cancel

I'm from Croatia (a small country in Middle-Europe), it is placed east from Italy and south from Hungary, and the country has a shape of a bird that has stretches his wings :D .
Well, my favorite word would be "beskonacnost" - which means "eternity" or "Svemir" - which means "Space" - i mean the space with the stars ^_^'

Signature

suzuki

Shut up the fuck you must!

Cancel

-Whaaaaazzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaapppppp

-fietsventielnippeldopje ????

Veronika

Veronika

Weird Kitten *meow*

Cancel

Hi to Europe, I come from Czech republic ;)

Best word ... well ... you won't be able to read it, without our special letters it's cumacek, can be readen somehow like czumaczec :D that's too crazy

Long words - nejkulikatoulinkatejsi -> means very round and very small thing (it's adjective) and nejobhospodarovavatelnejsiho -> that's something that can be really good for agriculture :D

For as the Sun is daily new and old
So is my love still telling what is told.
William Shakespeare

• Apr 01, 2005

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

Cancel

Saki's korean! *-*

saki's favorite korean word ish .. : babo! xD stupid .. <3

longest word: .... >.> dunno .. saki's not fluent .. xD

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Cancel

My favorite word is collaboration.

The longest defined word I know is antidisestablishmentarianism.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

• Apr 01, 2005

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Cancel

My favorite word is chutzpah, which means "nerve" or "gall"

The longest word I know is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, which is "a nonsense word meaning fantastic" (dictionary.com definition). Gotta love Mary Poppins! ;)

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

• Apr 01, 2005

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

Cancel

My favorite word is senselessness.
The longest word is here: http://wikisource.org/wiki/Methionylalanylthreonyl...leucine

Signature Image

• Apr 01, 2005
Cancel

Bad words allowed???

Cancel

my fav word in my language (thai) Teera ^^(it`s my name) means philosopher.
longest words in my language humm.... "krungthepmaharnakorn amonrattanakosin mahintharamahadirok pobrattanarajthaneebureerom udomrajnivaj................... it`s so long and very long than 300words" means a full name of Bangkok ^^' (Capital of Thailand)

• May 26, 2005
Cancel

I'm french, and the longest word is "anticonstitutionnellement" , but it don't significate a lot of things ^_^'

my fav word... maybe ami -> "friend"

(edit : oups, i haven't see you Anjhurin :/ )

Signature
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ F r e n c h - T r i b u --- F i n a l F a n t a s y F a n s --- F i n a l - F a n t a s y --- F i n a l F a n t a s y]
[ J a p a n e s e --- M y W e b s i t e ]

• May 26, 2005

selimangagirl

selimangagirl

la luz de la luna

Cancel

Hi! I am Spanish and I think that the longest word in my language is "esternocleidomastoideo", it is a very strange word and nobody used too much. It is a muscle.
And my favorite word... I do not know, but maybe is "sentir" (to feel)

YoKoBaNdiT

YoKoBaNdiT

waurenai yo

Cancel

Quote by PhantomSavageBad words allowed???

LOL!!!!!
um
O.O
longest i know is idiota! XD

'Signature
	Image'

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

Cancel

Well, I think any word can be as long as you wish (this because you can always create your own words, and some times, it hits).
Here in Mexico, most town has long names as "Parangaricutiro,Michoacan" wich word dirives from popular "parangaricutirimicuaro" (please don't ask me what does means, it's old by millennias).
Another word is "archirrequeterrecontrarica" wich got popular from a ketchup TV sponsor,
^_^ and it means delicious.
There other longest towns amd expressions names, but the listed word belong are really popular.
By the way, "supercalifragilistichespiralidoso" is also found in spanish, uh?

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

Cancel

i'm from finland, it's in northern europe. my name Lilja means lily in english. and some nice words in finnish.. >.>'
omituinen = strange
muumipappa = uhh... he's a character in a kid's animation..
and a long sentence (my friend invented it XD) uhkapelurimuriaanimakkaratiskirätti = there's words "gambler, (not sure what muriaani means..) sausage, dishrag o.o... doesn't really mean anything.

• May 28, 2005

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

Cancel

Quote by SharinganKnightMethionylthreonylthreonyl...isoleucine (189,819 letters)

damn that's long!!!!! who ever came up with that stupid word i'm guessing spent a lifetime for that. never had a real life.damn..

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Cancel

Quote by Anjhurini'm from France, and my fav word ever is "passionement" which means passionately (ahah pretty close words).
longer word i know would be "anticonstitutionnellement" (hope i spell it right) which means again anticonstitutionnally :nya:

loll, you spelled it right ^^
i also speak French, but i'm from Quebec, not from France... and my favourite word is... it's too tough to decide >.< there are so many words i love (well, i study as a translator, so words are my life XD)
well, i'll say : destruction (don't think i need to translate), renaissance (rebirth) and solitude (again, no translation needed ^^)

wings

wings

~~Silent Killer~~

Cancel

fav word : Kickass-Superguys :)

Signature

• May 28, 2005

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.