Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Myths - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 9 total items

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

since i heard a story from Cel it made me start to wonder about other myths that exist around the world...i'm the kind of person that thinks these things are interesting ...but i'm not the kind of person that knows any...@_@

please post any myths or legends that you know !
thank you for taking your time to post on my thread! ^_^

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

I love mythology and legends, so I know a couple stories...have you ever heard the myth/legend behind the gargoyle?
Gargoyles would be used to "guard" churches from any evil spirits that wanted to enter it. It was said that the lost souls (those who were dead, but not in heaven or hell for whatever reason) would enter into the gargoyles and use those "bodies of stone" to protect the church and fend off the evil spirits...is that the type of thing you meant? Or do you mean things like Greek mythology and such?
Anyone else find this kind of thing fascinating..?.

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by CLAMPchicI love mythology and legends, so I know a couple stories...have you
ever heard the myth/legend behind the gargoyle?
Gargoyles would be used to "guard" churches from any evil spirits that
wanted to enter it. It was said that the lost souls (those who were
dead, but not in heaven or hell for whatever reason) would enter into
the gargoyles and use those "bodies of stone" to protect the church and
fend off the evil spirits...is that the type of thing you meant? Or do
you mean things like Greek mythology and such? Anyone else find this
kind of thing fascinating..?.

yeah that's what i meant just any kinds of myths that you have heard of
thanks for posting thta intersting story ^_^

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

I recently read a book called Weird U.S. which is full of myths and ghost stories. It was a very interesting read, tho i don't really believe in most of them ^_^'
Tho, this book is mostly full ghost stories and lengends...perhaps not many myths...it still is an interesting book if you like reading about that stuff. :D I myself can't remember any myth's...but i do remember some odd stories from that book...if your interested^^

Signature

darkwaterbunny

darkwaterbunny

cancha! And MORE cancha!

Quote by CLAMPchicI love mythology and legends, so I know a couple stories...have you ever heard the myth/legend behind the gargoyle?
Gargoyles would be used to "guard" churches from any evil spirits that wanted to enter it. It was said that the lost souls (those who were dead, but not in heaven or hell for whatever reason) would enter into the gargoyles and use those "bodies of stone" to protect the church and fend off the evil spirits...is that the type of thing you meant? Or do you mean things like Greek mythology and such?
Anyone else find this kind of thing fascinating..?.

Er, where did you hear this? I took art history, and we were just told that when the people were restoring the churches, they put up thoese Gargoyles because they thought that thats what should be up there <_<;;; yeah....Sort of a educated guess....but whatever, your story is amusing.

The classics! Big foot and all of his other various names, Lochonus Monster XD. Oooo, one thats sort of religious, but where my father guess to live, on a side of a mountain, people would get attacked by the devil (well, I dont know if it was that, but some creepy stuff happened to them). I wont post the story yet, some people may find it offensive since not everyone here believes in God, and I respect that. So, I'll post it later, if you want me to ^_~

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

I'm really fond of myths from China and Vietnam. If I have time I'll post some stories about the Kitchen God's Wife and one about the lady on the moon. ^_^

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by jeanie727I'm really fond of myths from China and Vietnam. If I have time I'll
post some stories about the Kitchen God's Wife and one about the lady
on the moon. ^_^

sound really interesting @_@
i hope you post them soon jeanie!

Kais

Kais

The Dragon Killer

in Michigan where my sister lives,there is a graveyard believed to hold a dead witch. One night 2 sisters (on a dare) go and hit it with a hammer till it broke.Later on that night,they died. Also there have been sightings of giant red eyes outside peoples homes. I guess there true,but im skeptical about them

I dont know why im here......on this world.My lifes going in the wrong direction already and theres nothing any1 can do about it................except me.But maybe I dont want to go in the so called "RIGHT" direction,maybe this is the route im supposed to go alone or with some1 I care about.But theres no1 I care about...................so destined to go alone. "Blood stains the grass as the two warriors clash."
"Metal meets with metal"
"The fight goes on through the night"
"Both of them will never see day light" "Life goes on with or without you........remember that"

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by Kaisin Michigan where my sister lives,there is a graveyard believed to hold
a dead witch. One night 2 sisters (on a dare) go and hit it with a
hammer till it broke.Later on that night,they died. Also there have
been sightings of giant red eyes outside peoples homes. I guess there
true,but im skeptical about them

...i have cousins that live there too...
sounds creepy....red eyes outside of homes...*_*

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.