Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 which type of music do you prefer and why does it attract you? - Minitokyo

which type of music do you prefer and why does it attract you?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 36 total items

metal music, very wide scale

YoKoBaNdiT

YoKoBaNdiT

waurenai yo

Quote by punker0017Punk rock and Hardcore. There are meaningful lyrics, and so much passion is placed into the songs. No other type of music compares.

Quote by delusionedI don't mind listening to anything as long as it sounds good. However I have a tendency to favour rock music - be it j-rock (L'arc-en-ciel, Asian Kung Fu Generation) or punk rock (Good Charlotte, Simple Plan).

Well apparently you are quite delusioned, Good Charlotte and Simple Plan never were and never will be punk rock. Listen to Leftover Crack, NoFX, or Bad Religion and then you will know true punk rock.

hmmm really? what category wud u put those bands in???? pop??? bad religion is good.......but so is
incubus hoobastank tho they have played em out :sweat: u cna never get sick of linkin park and dir en grey tho :D

'Signature Image'

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

I would have to say music wich I understand the lyrics....I love Japanese music for the flow of the vocals. I think Japanese music is beautiful but I don't understand a word of the lyrics. For me to enjoy music, the vocals have to hold some sort of meaning. I really hate lyrics that have just no reason to be and exsist just to make some kind of rythm....useless....So I like English and French music since it's the two languages wich I speak.

Signature Image

Quote by punker0017Well apparently you are quite delusioned, Good Charlotte and Simple
Plan never were and never will be punk rock. Listen to Leftover Crack,
NoFX, or Bad Religion and then you will know true punk rock.

actually they are punk, but you seem to be one of those people who simply because the band is popular you assume they aren't good. I personally detest all of them, but that doesn't mean that they are placed under the wrong genre or make bad music.

I personally listen to all kinds of rock, punk, hardcore, metal, classic...anything.
I grew up listening to the masterminds of rock..Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, The Stones, The Beatles...at 9 my dad bought me a guitar and I've been playing ever since, so rock all the way

Signature Image

YoKoBaNdiT

YoKoBaNdiT

waurenai yo

Quote by SharinganKnight

Quote by punker0017Well apparently you are quite delusioned, Good Charlotte and Simple
Plan never were and never will be punk rock. Listen to Leftover Crack,
NoFX, or Bad Religion and then you will know true punk rock.

actually they are punk, but you seem to be one of those people who simply because the band is popular you assume they aren't good. I personally detest all of them, but that doesn't mean that they are placed under the wrong genre or make bad music.

I personally listen to all kinds of rock, punk, hardcore, metal, classic...anything.
I grew up listening to the masterminds of rock..Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, The Stones, The Beatles...at 9 my dad bought me a guitar and I've been playing ever since, so rock all the way

very well said man :) exactly what i was trying to get at, most judge music bcuz of too many ppl liking it or it's on MTv or fuse or etc they dont like it becuase their friend's dont or vice versa
a guitar?? awesome def rock all the way haha XD \m/ inuyasha!!!!!..........O.O.......haha

'Signature Image'

Never really got into The Beatles. I didn't even thought of them as a rock band when I was small.
Hey btw SharinganKnight do you know where I can find a recording of the live performance of Moby Dick.

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

saki listens to korean most!! *-* since saki ish korean korean korean!! *POSES*

thenthentheeenn .. japanese .. <3 <3 <3

butbutbut .. korean rocks! xD

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

My life for so many years.

What I used to express myself, not only by listening to but by playing on stage as well.

I've got more of a variety of tastes. Sadly, because of what I grew up on, I've mostly been into, well I suppose its classified as 'American', I've never really been into anything else. Japanese and Korean I don't mind, I'm not really a fan, but credit is given where credit is due with talent =P.

Alternative : This was more of when I was growing up. I really developed a taste of this style of music and it was when I really started to get into music as well. I still listen to some alternative, but I sadly cannot say I find myself listening to anything Alt. recently.

Metal : This is when my love for music began to grow. I started with the usual metal basics. Metallica and Pantera and eventually found more bands as I went along the way. To be honest if it wasn't for Napster or Morpheus, I honestly can't say that my tastes in music would of expanded to what it is. Metal...is so-so now.

Heavy Metal : Yay~ This is where I stand today. Annnngggrrrrrrrryyyy music. haha, though its not exactly Satanic (that stuff can scare anyone and my apologies if this offends anyone, but I find it humerous) but what I listen to is classified by alot of people as 'evil' and my dad, for some bizzare reason, thinks its skinhead music. Wow, I never knew. Practally anything I listen to now you'll find in this genre. Heavy Metal was something that really expressed how I felt and I, to be honest, found it relaxing. I use some of the more 'angry' stuff for weightlifting. Heavy Metal I felt really expressed...well just how I felt at times and to be honest I felt alot of relation to it as well, though anyone thats experienced can, just more of finding that band/song that can perfectly describe it.

Punk : You know, its really funny because for the longest time I hated punk, yet when I met my friend Andrew and was introduced to Strung Out, I fell inlove with it. I just love the fast beat of it and that it can be happy as well, but its all about just having a good time. Overally my love of punk has grown over the years as well and its alongside my love of heavy metal.

Techno : I don't know if it was a phase, but last year I went on a techno binge. It all depends on the song overall to me. I'm rather selective about the techno I listen to, though overall I don't mind as long as its got a good beat and sounds good. What got me into techno was a friend awhile back and what re-discovered my love after a 3 year absense of listening to it was Blood Rave by Crystal Method.

Industrial : This is a rather recent taste, I was first introduced to this by my friend and a CD intitled Industrial F**king Metal aka 'Euro trash' (thats not my nickname, thats what its actually called @_@). Fast, hard hitting beat that just sounds insane along with tons of bass to back it up. Overall, the CD sounded horrible, maybe if I was on 'x' and wanted something to feed the vibe, but I more of really discovered the love of this when I was introduced to a band by the name of Celldweller. Simply amazing, just truly amazing. To me it combined my love of metal alongside techno and just sounds amazing.

...i think thats about it @_@. Wee~

Signature Image

Kyo26

Kyo26

Miuseiki

japanese,korean,chinese n classical. y it interest me...i dunno, 4 eng..i onli like LP

Signature

YoKoBaNdiT

YoKoBaNdiT

waurenai yo

wow that's awesome! i went through the same phase to ahha ^^; right now im into the japanese like jrock jpop dir en grey motowa etc, havent tried techno though haha ^_^'

'Signature Image'

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Metal. All the way. My soul is metal, and my life is metal.

Alcrin

Alcrin

The Ilusion

Heavy metal and japanese

Intentar sacar la espada no hará que salga. Intentar ser más fuerte no te hará más fuerte

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 36 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.