Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you think anime is too expensive? - Minitokyo

Do you think anime is too expensive?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

ugh...Sakura-chan here...i have no money right now and i really wanna buy some anime..but like, one DVD cost $30.00. to my opinion that waaay too much!! well, not really....but i still think they could reduce the price a little...dontcha think?or do you think its the right price..? o.o;

If you aren't remembered, then you never existed.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Over here in the UK, it is about £20 for an anime DVD which I happen to think is over priced. This is the main reason why I don't purchase any and the prices online are ok, but still a bit pricey.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Yeah anime DVDs are too pricey. Then again you have to figure they have to pay lots of people who worked hard to make the DVD what it is. You know the translators, director, voice actors (US and Japan's). shippers, etc. I can understand why it's pricey but all you can do is suck it up and earn (or nag your parents) enough money to buy it.

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

I think anime is too expensive too. But I think it has a reason.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

onimakura

onimakura

under new management

geneon usually only sells 15000 copies of any anime, so thats why the anime is so much. But dammit its worth it!!!!

under new management

Laggylagger

Master Loafer/Slacker

They mass produce these DVDs yet they cost so much. Should understand that there are many "processes" like shipping and evetything that ups the price. DVD "might" have extras and something but i still think they are too expensive

i wouldent mind paying 30 dollars far an anime dvd, if it had more than 3 episodes. I think 10 dollars an episode is a little much(even with extras and such. I mean a two and a half hour movie from the U.S. only goes for what? 28 bucks?). This is why i prefer the 6 and higher episode packs that go for about 40 dollars. Seems like a better deal.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by Angstbunnyi wouldent mind paying 30 dollars far an anime dvd, if it had more than 3 episodes. I think 10 dollars an episode is a little much(even with extras and such. I mean a two and a half hour movie from the U.S. only goes for what? 28 bucks?). This is why i prefer the 6 and higher episode packs that go for about 40 dollars. Seems like a better deal.

true, i do think that the high price of anime dvd is warrented if it has more than 4 episodes... however, the ppl releasing the dvds should take into consideration that a large portion of their fan base are either poor college students and younger... it's funny to do price comparisons among different sites... like a saiyuki dvd at best buy is only $20, but if you buy it online it's closer to $30. *shakes head*

Signature Image

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

Anime is way too expensive in New Zealand!! It's like $40-$50 each! T_T Imagine how expensive it would be to buy a box set. OX I would be completely broke in a matter of hours! (Luckily though, I have self control XP ) But I would really like them to lower the price....but I that can never happen....(Waiting for a miracle...x_x......anytime now.....anytime.....*dead*) x_x

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ayanechan

ayanechan

- lost existence -

i vote too! yesh! anime is too expensive anywhere >.>!!!! but then again, it's for the anime to earn money and the importing fees :S

Signature

Ying

Ying

I'll Be Back!

At least the amerikan dvd's don't cost as much as the japanese dvd's! :\
But I wish the amerikan mangas could have the same prise though! Cause they're wayyyy to expensive!! >=(

Signature Image

Where there's Yin there's always Yang

yieloon

yieloon

#1 Slacker

Yup agree. Obviously it is expensive when your a student without pay. For me example, i only get 50 a week. Spending on food only already took out most of allowance.

Plus, i cant get orignal anime dvd in my place. In malaysia, its mostly hk bootleg or pirated dvd. Therefore i do not buy any and i rather just dl them. I do spend on manga though which are much much cheaper. Only around 5buck per book.

Signature

They say that god arranged relationships, but men created separation.

AdventChild

AdventChild

Second Rate Ninja

As far as America goes, anime is over priced because it's considered an "import" good, though a lot of it is written/translated over here. It's just a nother market ploy by the industry to squeeze a bit of money out of people.

SHURIKEN SHURIKEN

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

I don't really agree that its import status affected the cost. I have seen that anime DVDs cost around 4500 yen, which would be about $40. I have also seen that Disney movies, dubbed in Japanese (which can also be seen as import goods), cost less; it cost about $20. This would mean that anime here in America cost less. So, the high price of anime wouldn't be caused by import cost. It would be caused by the high production cost of anime. However, I agree that the prices are a ploy to take money away from us because even though the price might go to the production, the creator, and the company producing the anime, it does not take $30 or in the case of Japan, $40 to pay for these costs.

Back to the question at hand. I do think that the prices are too high. There are anime DVDs I want to get, but can't because of the high price. However, I'm relieved to know that the prices of DVDs are not as high as it is in Japan or other countries.

Oh yesss... they're way too expensive... XP

chibi-kyo

chibi-kyo

Purupurupikopuyo

Too expensive X_x
3-4 episodes for 20-30€ O_o waeh
I can only buy hk dvd's (waeh, bad quali), originals are too expensive ><

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

phew...i thought i was the only one who thought anime/manga was expensive...u.u

Radetzky

Lord Master of all that is Chibi

I am a froogle shopper of anime. I have yet to pay more than twenty dollars for any anime. the usual price i py for a new anime is about 10 bucks. The least was 54 cents for the first volume of witch hunter robin limited edition box with all the extras in it. It all depends on where you look and how you find the bargains. And for al those that think i buy it of ebay or something, i dont, i but it at the mall and comic stores. Going out of business sales are the best by the way.

What does it mean to be saved?
Signature
When the world knocks you down, steals your wallet and spits in your eye; get up, dust yourself off and then round-house kick the world in the face. It's very top-heavy, it'll go right over.

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Really expensive - especially if your not particularly wealthy. But buying boxed sets are cheaper if you exercise some self control!! (compulsive watcher, but great pre-buying strength)

Liz

Liz

I'm as cold as it gets

Ya here to i find it expensive on dvd can cost up to like 50$ but some are less i can find some at like 17-20$ like gate keeper , lain and there are a few more but there less because its pioneer the company who adapted it i think any way i know that when i go anime shopping i spend a lot i also need to learn self control in this department lol :)

Signature Image

"He who smiles the most carries greater the silent rage within." - Unknown

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

nyahaha...i havent learned self control yet..u.u sad huh..?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.