Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Fire vs. Ice - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Ok, well, i'm a big fan of Robert Frost, and i was thinking of his poem Fire and Ice:

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if i had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Ok, that said, which would you favor? Fire or ice? I think i'd pick fire, because after fire, things sort of start anew i guess. Fire clears out the bad things...the debris. I'm not saying i want the world to burn, don't get me wrong. This is just for fun! lol

Signature

Holt

Holt

pffft

I like ice because...um...I just like the look of ice. It's cool ^_^
But I also like fire because as least it would be nice and toasty XD

Signature Image

redtiger

I turn into a bunny rabbit at 6!

Fire rules!!! Fire melts ice not the other way around. Burn on, fire!!

"go in to the darness in your heart."

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

hum, fire as well... because death would be faster... and also because it purifies everything it touches... and after it has finished raging, what survived it will come back to life and become even more beautiful by feeding itself with the fire's cenders...

ice, well it doesn't create anything new, it just freezes everything for eternity... besides, i hate being cold loll

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

The world is more likely to end in fire than ice. The sun will expand for another 4 billion years, then it will die out and become nothing more than a black star. In the time bewteen, the sun will reach its maximum size, thus impacting the planets in some way. There.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

I like ice, it's cooler to look at.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

YoKoBaNdiT

YoKoBaNdiT

waurenai yo

ice......i like the cold :) and i think it wud be better....or maybe fire??? oh no wait..ice yes ice haha ^_^'

'Signature Image'

Jheiracks

Jheiracks

absently lost in creation

I am a lover of both elements but I would have to say that respond far better to fire.

-Kiyoshi-

-Kiyoshi-

Silent One [Not Really]

I like ice! It's nice and cold and I like eating it. Fire is to hot and would burn me.

Anyways, I like ice more than fire. I live in a desert, so I appreciate the cold.

Oh, I rather freeze to death than slowly boil in my own bodily fluids.

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

I love that poem! Frost was a good writer, don't you think? Hmm...I like both fire and ice (just look at my title, after all *lol*); both can be quite useful and effective. As for the end of the world...I don't know that I believe that it will end in either (I have my own views), but I think I'd have to opt for fire. Freezing to death would take too long...but then again, so would burning to death. I'm not sure now; great poem, though!

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

Love that poem as well. I would have to say fire because i'm a bit of a pyro. Staring into it you can see shapes and various things

Takeshi1589

Takeshi1589

King of Cynicism

Angel-san is a pyro!!! AAAAAAHH!!! >.< ......XD jk jk *huggles Angel-san!* Yes, fire does make the most sense...I'd probably go with it and I agree with what you said *points*

Quote by skysongI think i'd pick fire, because after fire, things sort of start anew i guess. Fire clears out the bad things...the debris. I'm not saying i want the world to burn, don't get me wrong. This is just for fun! lol

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by CLAMPchicI love that poem! Frost was a good writer, don't you think? Hmm...I like both fire and ice (just look at my title, after all *lol*); both can be quite useful and effective. As for the end of the world...I don't know that I believe that it will end in either (I have my own views), but I think I'd have to opt for fire. Freezing to death would take too long...but then again, so would burning to death. I'm not sure now; great poem, though!

yeah, i don't think the world will end this way either, lol. But if i had to pick one way for it to end, between fire and ice, i would just pick fire. I liked the poem, and i thought it was an interesting thing to think about.

Signature

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Quote by skysongyeah, i don't think the world will end this way either, lol. But if i had to pick one way for it to end, between fire and ice, i would just pick fire. I liked the poem, and i thought it was an interesting thing to think about.

The first time I heard this poem was 3 years ago...my english class had to memorize a poem and say it in front of the class. I think 7 out of the 20 people chose this poem. I basically fell in love with it...and I agree that the concept is quite intriguing. I've thought about it, and decided that I would have to agree about choosing fire as the way to go...at least I could be entertained by it before I died ;) after all, I am fascinated by flame

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

i like fire for it's symbolism. It has both positive and negative meanings, making it so versatile and interesting. Positive: light,, warmth, energy, and rebirth. Negative: destructive, consuming.

"SING like no one's listening, DANCE like no one's watching, LOVE like you've never been hurt."

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Actually I would prefer Ice as something firm, something solid, and yet expressionally so cold as well.

Ice also has this treasured look that seems intriguing at first sight. Nice poem, by the way. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

i will have to go with fire, fire is an element not to be taken likely for it consumes everything in its path while ice just freezes everything still leaving it there frozen.

-but it still would be cool to see people frozen where they stand.

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

dead

dead

Komm Susser Tod!

Beutiful poem, well I LOVE the freeze things to something hot ( well sincerely I hate the fire)
I have "firephobia" I don't tolerate teh heat... >_< >_< x_x x_x

p.s: sorry 4 my english :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Signature Image
...Vanity definitely my favorite sin...

dead

dead

Komm Susser Tod!

Beutiful poem, well I LOVE the freeze things to something hot ( well sincerely I hate the fire)
I have "firephobia" I don't tolerate teh heat... >_< >_< x_x x_x

p.s: sorry 4 my english :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Signature Image
...Vanity definitely my favorite sin...

i liked the poem, but i really like ice, all cold, just cold!!!
i died for ice!!...kidding

Signature Image

i like ice, i love the way it sparkels like crystals in the sunlight and the way its clear pure white and cold also with white snow in it.....verry pretty

and i also like fire too and the way it changes color from red to orange to blue, but i hate the looks of the remains of a fire and the black it leaves behind....it bothers me for some reason

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i would prefer ice
so many things look beautiful covered with a light layer of frost
and the world ending in fire...slow agonizing death...???

Sin of the begin of the civilization, sin from when only the primordial forces of the good and the evil, the construction and the destruction dominated on the lands that hour they encircle to us, sin then every to be living have had to fight with all its forces against real, cruel and pitiless enemies as well as intangible how much; the names of these enemies are ICE and fire....

i vote for Fire!!!

I like Ice. Fire seems to fall for everything. Not just water but eath and wind. They all seem to be able to put fire out. So it seems a bit weak for me. But I like metal!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.