Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 ShoPro/VIZ Unlicenses Naruto - Minitokyo

ShoPro/VIZ Unlicenses Naruto

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

XD Wow I've just gotten notice that Shopro has unlicenses Naruto OX. Horray?

Copy'd from Anime News Network

In a stunning announcement, Viz/ShoPro Entertainment revealed its plans to sell the the North American television, home video, and merchandising rights to Naruto back to it original licensors, TV Tokyo and Shueisha Inc.

"We began to feel uncomfortable with the idea of making piles of cash from the show," a Viz representative told ANN. "After several parent advocacy groups showed us the error of our ways, we felt it was the only logical decision."

ANN also contacted Cartoon Network, which had planned to broadcast Naruto later this year.

"Thank God, I can use my mailbox again," said an executive VP at the network. "Within minutes of our broadcast announcement, we were flooded with thousands of e-mails claiming to be from enraged mothers."

"They were all the same. 'Naruto Uzumaki, he's a mischievous little brat!' 'By choosing to broadcast this show, you are directly responsible for the moral decline of our country's youth.' They said I would rot in hell, and that my family would face eternal damnation if I allowed Naruto to reach American airwaves."

When asked how this would impact their licensing plans for 2005, the Viz representative gave another stunning response. "With California's new stem cell initiative and the breakthroughs at Johns Hopkins in placing human stem cells in rats, we asked ourselves: why not hamsters? Imagine, a real-life talking hamster! That would shut up all those folks who keep mocking Hamtaro."

April Fools Everyone!

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

Yup, another April Fools Joke from ANN, just like last year's DB AF joke.

Jinpun

Jinpun

The one and only

Can you say...April Fools...

Signature

April fools. rofl.
I wanna see talking hamsters though. >_>;; <_<;;

Signature Image

lyn02

lyn02

yoru!

April Fools! Bwahahaha *cough*

This was also posted at a LJ comm XD

+ In a white room, where blood was like rose petals and Death had two faces +
Signature

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

hahaha thats funny......people complaining bout naruto for that reason???lolz

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

rolflmao XD XD X D !!!!! That's a real good one ^uu^, I was about to get pissed when I saw the rest of the message. Good one, and I hope it is joke cause I really wanna see Naruto when they start airing it ^^ !

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

................That one got me a little confused...especially about the mothers part. It was funny as hell at first but I was like cool (b/c we can Dl them without trouble) But to tell ya the truth I didn't even know Naruto was licensed in the first place! - lol - hmm...maybe "not" downloading 80 something episodes wasn't a good thing.....(i said "not") >.>;

Signature

YoKoBaNdiT

YoKoBaNdiT

waurenai yo

omg gurlie!!!!!!! you almost gave me a heart attack!!!!!!!!! no naruto in cartoon network?!!!!! :( i was looking forward to it and then the joke
T_T im going to cry in my corner now....................................

'Signature Image'

been seeing that alot today ~

its not bad ONCE a year ...
and Happy April Fools

ayanechan

ayanechan

- lost existence -

t_____t i was nearly jumping for joy but no >.> it's a mere joke t_____t *Cries* well.. get with the programme :P happy april fools!

Signature

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

haha i actuall was hoping it wouldnt get licensed >_>

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

I thought that! The responds were pretty stupids! Don't know why I read all that! :hmpf:

Earn money reading e-mails here

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Yeah I read this also on ANN.
Take it as April Fools if you want, I don't really see anything funny or affecting the industry much for that matter. ^_^

In the forums discussing about this issue there were some people jumping around happily. ^_^ hahaha

This better be something that will be turned back, perhaps a different acquisition by another company, because the anime conversion into the USA may generate at least some profit increments in the industry, that's for those who don't download anime of course.
Nevertheless, with Naruto not hitting the home screens in the US, it should really be released on DVD for those who want them.
Naruto by the way is one of the biggest effectors to introduce a non-anime person into anime or otherwise convert them into freshman anime fans. It's like the newer edition of Dragonball which by the way is still one of the greatest icons of anime. ^.^

Liz

Liz

I'm as cold as it gets

i had like 2 sec's of happness, before i reallized it was an april fools joke :( will one can keep hoping it does happen lol just joking any way i sure am a fool i was almost sure for a moment what you were saying had happened :)

Signature Image

"He who smiles the most carries greater the silent rage within." - Unknown

pamkips

pamkips

?????

rofl you realy got me there..i actually belived it...

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.