Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Video Game Rivalries - Minitokyo

Video Game Rivalries

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Takeshi1589

Takeshi1589

King of Cynicism

Just a thread to discuss Video Game Rivalries, preferably RPG ones .
Tales of Symphonia VS. Star Ocean 3
Tales of Symphonia is probably my favorite game. I've spent countless hours on it and anything having to do with it. I could go on and on about it but I'll spare everyone this time. XD
Star Ocean 3 is an equally cool game, but happens to come in second place compared to ToS. I could also go on about SO3 but will spare everyone on that too! XD
What are your video game rivalries?

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

Hm, well, I wouldn't refer to it as a rivalry per se, but for me, I'd chose Lunar and Final Fantasy. Lunar TSS was my first rpg, and it was my reason for getting the Sega CD in '94. Final Fantasy 7 was my first FF, and it was my reason for getting the PSX in '97. FF7 came with all sorts of bells and whistles, and is of course worthy of all it's praise. However, it just can't beat Lunar's old school flare imo. Even the remake Lunar SSSC beats out FF7 in my book; but it may all be because I knew Lunar first. As grande a scope as the FF titles are on, Lunar's "simplicity" if you will, and it's ability to make you love and feel for the characters easily, makes it #1 for me.

my favorite game would have to be final fantasyX and final fantasy X2 , im a big video game fan

Signature
what can u save with feelings alone......

here's a rivalries that be going on for quiet awhile on. Street Fighter vs King of Fighters. how long this been going on for again. 8 years.

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Another good rivalry would be the Resident Evil Vs. Silent Hill series. They've been at it for a bit for quite a while now, one matching against the other, but since both offer good quality adventurous play experience, Resident Evil being the better of the two in my opinion, they both match well hand-in-hand and you can have fun enjoying both from two completely different storylines. Games that are meant to scare you are fun to play and watch, if you play at the night and with full volume speakers up and charging.

Pretty creepy indeed, ne? lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by Neverdonehere's a rivalries that be going on for quiet awhile on. Street Fighter
vs King of Fighters. how long this been going on for again. 8 years.

Yeah its been there since '94, but since SVC, not much tension can be seen between them. Maybe has Dan Hibiki thinks the exact opposite after being made fun of so much by the characters in SVC. First Terry calls him Robert, and Takuma, errr... Mr. Karate made him think he was his father. Dan vs. SNK might be a very good title!!!! :) :) :)

Quote by CelessaAnother good rivalry would be the Resident Evil Vs. Silent Hill series...
....Pretty creepy indeed, ne? lol

God, I remember the first time played both of these games. I screamed like a sissy girl when that damn dog from RE1 scared the crap out of me. And when those little shadow chlidren from the school started appearing in SH1 it made me so scared to play I scrapped my PSX, well sort of.

Another good rivalry is Pokemon vs. Monster Rancher vs. Digimon. We can smell some bad blood boiling between these factions. Looks like Pikachu and friends are still unstoppable with release of Emerald but Mocchi and the gang are still going strong with the new release. Agumon and his buddies are slowing down since they're practically out of the picture.

Signature

Here's some old school rivalry for ya! Mario vs Sonic! XD I would love to see that happen, speed against jump skills! O man that would so rock! ^_^'

ashley50

ashley50

Dreaming Tank Buster

Metal SLUG series vs Contra series.

The Contra series always pins you against alien invaders while the MS series pins you against a General Morden who looks like a cross-over between Saddam and Hitler....it also features one-of-a-kind "Super Vehicles" to aid the suppression of General Morden's army.

Contra on the other is always....if it moves, Kill it.

What can I say?
Let's~ Volt ~IN!

out of sonic and mario who would u think would win ,,, i would think sonic would win but if it were sonic against Luigi then Luigi would win hands down

Signature

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

Tekken Vs. DoA....yep Doa got the girls, the moves, the girls and the girls but hey, Tekken's got some pretty fast pact action. I'd really like to see Kasumi and Xiayou have a brawl..or perhaps Hayate and Jin Kazama have a good fight. Either way, it's bound to be interesting. But one of the things DoA has an advantage to Tekken in is the interactive tag team matches. You can exxecute brilliant tag team moves when using the right people that could bring any Tekken character to shame. Tekken also has the power ups which increases the power of the characters so for me it's definately a tie. Of course, neither one of them even comes close to Mortal Kombat...but putting either of them against it is pointless in my opinion.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

hmm...everyone took the easy ones.....
lesse lesse....
Metal Gear Solid v.s Splinter Cell
i believe that MGS is the better of the two
it give a lot more freedom than SC since you can play around with the guards and interact with a lot of the surroundings....
SC...stealth missions without killing unless permitted... seems to confined to me....

out of metal gear v.s splinter cell i would say that metal gear would be the best game

Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Here's another good rivalry:

NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Both these games boast a lot but since NBA Live 2005 has a great slam-dunk contest, I favor it more. But about gameplay and realism, nothing comes close to NBA 2K. NBA Live has some pretty screwy actions especially when passing the ball. Ball physics is extremely great on NBA 2K, along with facial design and over-all replayability.

Did, I mention that NBA Live 2005 has a Slam Dunk Contest?

Signature

Legend of Dragoon vs. Final Fantasy

Way back in 2000, game magazines hailed LoD as an RPG that'll give the PS's Final Fantasy series a run for its money. Yeah, the graphics were pretty neat and the cutscenes were at par with FF8. Can't really compare LoD and PS FFs beyond that; the battle systems were fundamentally different but weren't innovative enough and the storylines were formulaic so I guess this one ended in a draw.

hm final fantasy vs xenosaga vs star ocean till the end of time

angelicdemonIII

angelicdemonIII

Dark and Light

oh I got a good one Rachet and Clank VS Jak and Daxter man those guys are mad rivals how could you guys not mention them!!!!!!!! :D

Signature Image

resident evil vs. silent hill

survival horror at its best

or

super mario vs. sonic the hedge hog

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.