Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think about spyware??? - Minitokyo

What do you think about spyware???

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 103 total items

kasama ba yung key log dun?

astig nga eh...syempre ginagawa ko yun dati nung nagraragna pa ako keya lang mga bata kaya wla rin akong nakukuha!

tama ba yung sagot ko?

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by athenakasama ba yung key log dun?

astig nga eh...syempre ginagawa ko yun dati nung nagraragna pa ako keya lang mga bata kaya wla rin akong nakukuha!

tama ba yung sagot ko?

nope. a keylogger is a security app (depends on how you use it).... try again.

Signature

I hate spyware. Burn it all!

HiJakk

HiJakk

Ilibing ng Buhay!!!

Quote by Akemi-JamieI hate spyware. Burn it all!

I second the motion.

It's like a pain, removing one of this babies. I spent nearly 3 hours removing that one with the se.dll and another one with the Hedda Marie Tolentino crap by hand....

I don't rely on spyware removers, firewalls and antivirus appz. But to be frank, it's kinda fun trying to search and destroy spywares.... hehehe heck of a lot of fun.

Quote by Gloc 9Nakasaad ang katibayan, oras na ng kamatayan.

Tirdaelyn

Tirdaelyn

What Becomes of Snow?

Spyware is evil, and may it forever burn in the deepest bowels of Hell... I have had a lot of problems with it before I got my anti-spyware programs.

Signature
Ava/sig both made by Kuai.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Have you tried the MS antispyware removal tool, it is free and it is good
Btw, I never get spyware, why? just dont use IE

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

minyu

minyu

I Catch a Fish For You

I HATE spyware with a passion, if i ever had the chance i would take a shovel to the side of the head of anybody who made any spyware!

Signature

Yes Spyware is the devil :D

Quote by BorisGrishenkoThat's because of the base design of Windows. It was designed to be inherently insecure. In software, that is synonymous with "convenient". The more convenient things are, the more likely they are to be insecure. The UNIX world has done a far better job of balancing the two.

Thats right it's like the virus threat on unix, it is nearly inexistant, so antivirus developers whouldn't be as happy if we all start to drop Windows and install *nix, if the risk is zero, there is no market....

Sad but true.

But if we start to migrate to other SO, probably, the malware on that systems will grow, as a new marked target.

So it have a difficult sollution, if not nearly impossible.

Signature
-+| Signature by me |+-

Spyware is annoying. -_-

I'm glad that, besides the Nvidia-driver and Opera, nearly all of my system's software is open source. If the source code is open it is very difficult to hide spying-routines.

I wonder if MS will ever make their customers pay for it's spyware removal tool. At least that would make sense. This way they can save the money they would need to fix the bugs that get the spyware into your system and even make money by selling a tool that removes it. A brilliant business idea!

Maybe not, even Microsoft isn't that cheeky. Is it?

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I don't really mind Spyware-as long as it doesn't slow down my computer(most of them do anyways ><) I don't really have anything to hide and theres nothing important on my computer. My parents don't use it to enter their credit cards for online shopping anyways. What I really hate is Adware...

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

Quote by CelessaFrom a Firefox's member's standpoint:
Bill Gates = Microsoft
Microsoft = ie
ie = Spyware
Spyware = Useless
Useless = Bill Gates O_o
The cycle never ends. lol - Just kidding.

LOL! I find the last one funny. ^^;;

Spyware is never a problem for me. I rarely get any so I don't think about it much.

shinorei

shinorei

Noob Queen.

Wait, something really bad has happen. There's this spyware on my comp, and even though I use numerous attempts in Ad-Aware to remove it, it's unpossible.

The problem is, this spyware thingy, has to do with CoolWebs or whatever it's called and it has another special scanner to delete it. The another problem is, when I downloaded that scanner and run it, it said, 'Yeah,we removed your stuff yadayada...' and later when I rebooted the computer, it's still there. May I know what is actually happening now?

Gah, I really hate this virus thing. x_x

Signature

If it's a virus Ad-Aware won't be very helpful, maybe you should try one of those free antivirusprogramms like clamwin.

There's also another anti-spyware-programm called spybot - search & destroy. Maybe you will have more luck using this program.

If you want your Windows to be a less easy target for maleware it would be a good idea to optimize it's system services and turn off those you don't need. (e. g. Nowadays hardly anyone needs the telnet-service anymore. If you don't need it, turn it off because telnet can be used as a backdoor to your system.) I'm sure there are good tutorials for your windows-version on the internet, too.
Be careful, turning off the wrong service could mess up your windows installation or even make it unusable. Therefore read those tutorials very carefully.

As long as thier is spyware I will always have a job, but I can't stand it. I believe that we should catch those who create spyware and have a fireing squad.

EvilDragonBlade

EvilDragonBlade

Konnichiwa

I hate spyware since you have to protect your computer with multiple programs which takes resources and have to update/run scans every week =(.

Signature Image

Well at work corperate has locked the PCs down so tight that when the computers get spyware it takes about 4 hours to clean most of it off, but there are always some programs that just won't go away.

adamcooper

adamcooper

-Here Comes Buggy-

should burn it into the hell..!!!!

Signature

WE ARE..>>>!!!!

Arittakeno yume o kakiatsume
sagashi mono sagashini yuku no sa ONE PIECE

rashinban nante jyutai no moto
netsu ni ukasare kaji o toru no sa

HOKORI ka butteta takara no chizu mo
tashikameta no nara densetsu jyanai!

kojin teki na arashi wa dareka no
BIORHYTHM nokkatte
omoi sugose ba ii

arittakeno yume o kakiatsume
sagashi mono sagashini yuku no sa
POCKET no COIN, soreto
YOU WANNA BE MY FRIEND?
WE ARE, WE ARE ON THE CRUISE! WE ARE!

zembu mani ukete shinji chattemo
kata o osarete iippo LEAD sa

kondo aetanara hanasu tsumorisa
sore kara no koto to kore kara no koto

tsumari itsumo PINCH wa dareka ni
APPEAL dekiru ii CHANCE
ji ishiki kajyoo ni!

shimittareta yoru o buttobase!
takara bako ni KYOUMI wa nai kedo
POCKET ni ROMAN, soreto
YOU WANNA BE MY FRIEND?

arittakeno yume o kakiatsume
sagashi mono sagashini yuku no sa
POCKET no COIN, soreto
YOU WANNA BE MY FRIEND?

WE ARE! WE ARE!

I despise spyware and all related to it.

adventchildvii

adventchildvii

Psychotic Soul

Spyware has crashed and made me reformat my computer reformatted. I don't surf anything anymore without Spybot, Ad-Aware, SpySweeper, Antivirus, and sometimes a firewall on. I hate needing to have so much running against these goddam annoying spyware.

\"Is it surprising that prisons resemble factories and that schools, barracks and hospitals resemble prisons?.\"
God Didn\'t Create Man; Man Created God

FredGreg

FredGreg

Cynical pedant.

I've never had an infection on my laptop that wasn't gone with one swipe of either Spybot or Ad-Aware, & none whatsoever in about a year. Our family PC hasn't had any for ages either, & when it did get it it was (relatively) easy for me to clean out. So the emnity so many of you express has faded somewhat in me. However, just as a matter of principle, spy- & adware are totally unacceptable - it's an invasion of privacy, & I reckon a violation of property rights, because you're not in control of your computer - I don't know what the laws of the world say on this, but common sense says they're criminal.

The funniest thing is that all you people saying MS is responsible are right in a way - they've made their anti-spyware proggie recommend that you leave Claria on. MS is considering buying Claria - better known by their former name, Gator, the most hated adware company of all.

I got Adware on my computer once, and it took me like 3 hr. to get it off and get my computer running right again. It was all cause I allowed one Active X controler to install so I could watch one video. I knew better but I figured one won't hurt. Baaahh!! Never again, never again I tell you. IE sucks, I like Celessa equation

Bill Gates = Microsoft
Microsoft = ie
ie = Spyware
Spyware = Useless
Useless = Bill Gates O_o

very clever. ;)

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by sundewzerIt was all cause I allowed
one Active X controler to install so I could watch one video. I knew
better but I figured one won't hurt. Baaahh!! Never again, never again
I tell you. IE sucks,

Now, lets see, you allow Active X to install on your computer, figuring it would not hurt, after it blows up your computer, then claim it is the IE fault, ummmn, sounds to me that it is more like your fault than IE's

it is obvious that you do not know much about spywares, first of all, Adware is not spyware, Adware is a software developed by Lavasoft, spyware is well, spyware. so do not confuse the two terms,

In most cases, only the not so intelligent people get spywares on their computers.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by hiddensnakehandsit is obvious that you do not know much about spywares, first of all, Adware is not spyware, Adware is a software developed by Lavasoft, spyware is well, spyware. so do not confuse the two terms

No dude, it's Ad-Aware(c) by Lavasoft. Adware, on the other hand, is indeed a malicious program that is pretty much spyware.

But yeah, you should know what and what not to install on your comp in order to avoid spywares. One thing to do when Anti-spyware applications are unable to detect your case is to well, get their latest updates. If it's still not picking up something, bring up your Task Manager or whatever you got for the job (I use Process Explorer, get it, it's much better than XP's). Track down any unfamiliar applications and then search removal techniques for them on the net, most notably Symantec's site.

Another thing I do is use IE only in trusted site (Minitokyo) but for browsing that sends me to all corners of the web I use Opera and Firefox.

Signature

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 103 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.