Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think about spyware??? - Minitokyo

What do you think about spyware???

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 103 total items

I think it's far worst than viruses, because people aren't really aware and protected.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by auhasardI think it's far worst than viruses, because people aren't really aware and protected.

quite the contrary, i think people are very aware of it. Even more than in the sense of virus protection.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Malware is mostly a result of two factors; the security status of IE, and the ability for companies to legalise their actions by putting in the EULA which is never read. Both these problems could be fixed, but neither will be; Windows machines getting infected with malware is actually good for Microsoft, since one of the possible reactions by less well-informed folk is to dump the computer and get a new one - complete with new Windows license, and the ability to get people to "agree" with contracts they haven't read and do not understand is one of the means by which the Corporations maintain their superiority, so they're not going to give that up. And since the Corporations control the American government, which in its turn rules the world, there's not much we can do about it.

Having said that, I'm not too bothered by it since it's confined to the diseased Windows ecosystem.

mitchell

mitchell

Dragonfly789

damnit spyware sucks ass......all it represents is that the people who use it to advertise there products cant sell there products the traditional way.......through a shop..

Signature

Anime Currently Watching:- Haruhi Suzumiya - Dragonball Z - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Games Currently Playing:- Final Fantasy IX/XIII - Star Ocean The Last Hope - Oblivion GOTY

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by mitchelldamnit spyware sucks ass......all it represents is that the people who
use it to advertise there products cant sell there products the
traditional way.......through a shop..

I am pretty sure you got the definition of spyware wrong. it is not made by merchandising industry. What you need to realize is that spyware is much more serious than advertisements, they install cookies to track down everything that you did on the web.
Put it this way, spyware are a more general version of advertising, it displays the results that you want, either by hijack your homepage or redirect your search engine

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

sjade1

sjade1

theJADEDnetwork.com

Who could possibly like spyware? -.-

Get Mozilla.

Spyware?
Hmm...

Arrgrgrggagrgraggrgrgagrgagrgrgrgahhhrhhrhrhrhhrahhrhar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just have to becareful on whet you do on the Internet and
the programs you install. Most programs will say if there is spyware or adware in their
EULA. Since not too much people who bother to read it carefully, this is one method spyware can get into your system.

My system hardly ever get's spyware or viruses

Read on the newpaper once about a guy who is a spammer.
The authorities got pissed off, tracked him down, and arrested him.
Now he's serving 9 years in jail.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4426949.stm

Signature

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 103 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.