Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Web Design Tools: Notepad or what? - Minitokyo

Web Design Tools: Notepad or what?

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 103 total items

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

When creating a website which tool do you normally use?

Notepad is my product of choice but it's just very complicated but you have total control. MM Studio MX is probably the web standard but too difficult and expensive. Frontpage, now that's just like giving M*croshit more commercial advertisement.

Which do you thick is the best!!!

Signature

DBZFYAM

DBZFYAM

Naruto-Uzumaki.com

Most of the time, I just use Notepad to code the site. Sometimes I use Dreamweaver MX to place DIV layers onto the layout. And ofcourse Photoshop CS for designing the layout :d.

ps: Number 3 of the poll will probably not be chosen lol

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity...
Signature
Webmaster of Naruto-Uzumaki at http://www.naruto-uzumaki.com

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by DBZFYAM
ps: Number 3 of the poll will probably not be chosen lol

there's plenty of M*croshit supporters out there, its just a matter of time before they show their ugly heads!!!

Signature

Naruto-Uzumaki

Naruto-Uzumaki

Whatever...

Notepad? Really just a normal text editor for an complete site? O_O 1337
i just voted for Adobe, even if i never used it or Studio MX^^

Signatures suck

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Studio MX is pretty nice, but Microsoft's FrontPage design and interface does need better handling. FrontPage is pretty terrible to use in my opinion, and I've never heard a notepad make those really complex sites before - unless you use a lot of coding as a computer major over here.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by Celessa...I've never heard a notepad make those really
complex sites before - unless you use a lot of coding as a computer
major over here.

Technically your web browser is just a glorified notepad. It just translates the text into how it's supposed to look visually. All you see here in MT and the entire web can be created with just Notepad. I never tried it though...

Signature

fsn

heh, when i was on Windows i mostly used MX for designing but when it comes for php/xml editing i always used Notepad++ :p

+ personal motto: Japanese Thinking, Otaku Creating.
+ member of:
__ForceFirefox! ~ Ecchi-Club ~ Pantheon ~ JapaneseLover
__Make-A-Friend ~ Section 9 ~ Elfen-Lied-Junkies ~ EVA-Children
+ kiss my GNOME-ish: foot
+ wallpaper in progress, stand by.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Minitokyo was build in notepad :)

lensterknight

lensterknight

Ah, the leeching.

Notepad pwns. XD

I've built my personal website with it. It's been a loooong time since I've last handled a wysiwyg (or whatever is it) HTML editor.

(Yes, I like simplicity. XD)

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

ohh sheq made MT on notepad!! O_O
man thats surprising >_>

anyway, back to the topic, I use Frontpage but I'm thinking of changing to MX since FP just annoys ya after a while. plus I hear only good comments on MX, so my vote goes to MX.

Firefox

Hi, I'm your favorite browser

I worked with TextPad once, slight better then Notepad. I use DreamWeaver MX 2004 for development of websites, although I must say that if you really wanna use the really nice features DW MX 2k4 has that you must use the program to maintain an entire site with it, including all of the uploadwork. And for that lousy Frontpage, it just puts useless HTML-tags in your code. Oh, you can also work "code-based" with DreamWeaver. It just how you would like to work with it. I use it to maintian and develop all kinds of stuff related to websites and I'm pretty pleased with it.

On a side note, Studio MX is a softwarepackage with Flash, Fireworks and DreamWeaver in it, not just one HTML-editor. And with Adobe, I suppose you mean GoLive?

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

All hail free stuff!

http://nvu.com/index.html

Free, alternate web design software. Still in beta but expect the full version to come out soon.

battlespunk

battlespunk

Stop Breathing, It Tickles.

I use notepad for most stuff but I used fireworks mx to do my layout. I used to use dreamweaver but I see no need for it now.

Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by Firefox...On a side note, Studio MX is a softwarepackage with Flash, Fireworks and DreamWeaver in it, not just one HTML-editor. And with Adobe, I suppose you mean GoLive?

nope. I really mean Studio MX (Flash,Fireworks,Dreamweaver,Freehand,Extension Manager...) because because all included products can be used for design websites. And I believe that Adobe has a similar package (PS,IR,GL,etc.), whatever they call it. But they are so damn expensive. I believe Studio MX costs around $800 and Adobe's goes even higher. I have Studio Mx but not 2K4. I'll just wait till I get some spare cash.

Just tried out that free stuff you posted, N-vu beta4. Pretty sweet for something free, handles like Frontpage but defintely faster. I haven't tried most of the features but I'll give it a 4 out of 5, 1 short because it reminds me of M*croshit's Frontpage.

God, MT is pure notepad? Man, that's just, mind-numbing... unbelieveable...

Signature

Notepad hands down. But I am a little old school when it comes to programming. plus I dont like unless code in my source.

DBZFYAM

DBZFYAM

Naruto-Uzumaki.com

Quote by jakulitoNotepad? Really just a normal text editor for an complete site? O_O 1337

Yup! Pretty easy if you know html and some php.

Quote by jakulitoI believe Studio MX costs around $800 and Adobe's goes even higher

I think Adobe Creative Suite costs about $1100...

By the way, I don't like programs like Frontpage. Those kind of programs throw in a lot of junk which you doný need. I tried coding a age in Frontpage and just by hand. The Frontpage version was almost 20KB and my handwritten version was 10KB. That's about 10000 characters less!

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity...
Signature

Firefox

Hi, I'm your favorite browser

Quote by jakulito believe Studio MX costs
around $800 and Adobe's goes even higher. I have Studio Mx but not 2K4.
I'll just wait till I get some spare cash.

Then buy only DreamWeaver, you can also buy just one program instead of an entire package.

Quote by jakulitoGod, MT is pure notepad? Man, that's just, mind-numbing...
unbelieveable...

Doesn't matter what editor, it's more the endresult that matters.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by DBZFYAM

Quote by jakulitoI believe Studio MX costs around $800 and Adobe's goes even higher

I think Adobe Creative Suite costs about $1100... By the way, I don't like programs like Frontpage. Those kind of programs throw in a lot of junk which you doný need. I tried coding a age in Frontpage and just by hand. The Frontpage version was almost 20KB and my handwritten version was 10kb. That's about 10000 characters less!

I tried that myself, coding by hand and with Bill the Devil's Frontpage. Frontpage just adds junk codes that are rooted to M*croshit so they'll get some royalty, which they have plenty of. Plus, Frontpage tends to ruin the fun by trying act smarter than you by replacing the original codes.

Adobe CS costs $1100? Maybe I'll just stick with my MM Studio MX or rather my Notepad.

Signature

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

I use UltraEdit because it's a very powerful [text] editor. Most of the pages I develop are all coded in php. I haven't found normal WYSIWYG programs too useful for that kind of stuff.

I have foud the web developer toolbar for Firefox to be extremely useful when creating web pages.

Signature Image

DBZFYAM

DBZFYAM

Naruto-Uzumaki.com

Quote by jakulitoI tried that myself, coding by hand and with Bill the Devil's Frontpage. Frontpage just adds junk codes that are rooted to M*croshit so they'll get some royalty, which they have plenty of. Plus, Frontpage tends to ruin the fun by trying act smarter than you by replacing the original codes.
Adobe CS costs $1100? Maybe I'll just stick with my MM Studio MX or rather my Notepad.

Indeed. Some of my friends (which also build sites) call Frontpage 'Crappage'. It just puts unnecesary code in the pages.

Adobe CS2 (new version which will be released soon!) costs $1199.
Adobe Photoshop CS2 costs $599 and the normal version (cs1) is $649 (kinda weird that the new version is cheaper than the old version...)

Quote by FirefoxThen buy only DreamWeaver, you can also buy just one program instead of an entire package.

I bought DreamWeaver and wanted to buy Photoshop CS aswell, but a friend was fired (he worked at a webdesign company) and he gave ALL his cd's from Macromedia Studio MX 2004 and Adobe Creative Suite to me, because he didn't use them anymore :D :D :D

Signature

kazuki05

Another supernumerary..

I use EditPad Lite... it's like notepad with a couple of features like easier finding and replacing (can't live without that one --;;), conversion between lowercase and uppercase and etc and tabs for your documents :D

"The stronger someone appears on the outside, the weaker they are in reality."

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by Firefox...Then buy only DreamWeaver, you can also buy just one program instead of an entire package....

I prefer working with the entire package rather than just one, it gives comfort that all these programs can patch things the others can't. Plus I f I buy them one by one It'll just cost me more.

Frontpage also likes to induce designers to think like M*croshit and make their site IE-friendly so those asswipe creators of spyware can get a lockdown on your browser and sell their crap to you. To put it simply, Frontpage is a tool for the sole purpose of establishing a web full of Bill the Devil crap. Screw M*croshit.

Signature

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

Notepad :D

Frontpage because it comes with Office 2003

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 103 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.