Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What's wrong with you!?! - Minitokyo

What's wrong with you!?!

page 1 of 1 18 total items

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

Does anyone here have msn messenger?
I was chatting with someone yesterday using msn when suddenly it stopped sending the messages that I typed and gave me an error message instead. If I wanted to say something I had to draw or write it in by hand...
I then signed off and back on again and changed the font I had been using and about half of what I tried to send actually got through...
I just recently got msn messenger so I'm still a bit new to the whole thing but does anyone know what might be wrong?
I appreciate all your help...

Signature Image

Gomen nasai.
I even don't have MSN messenger. I truly don't trust the guys who working at Microsoft. Especially Bill...
Why don't you use ICQ, mIR? There are a lot of alternatives.
Anyway, I'm sorry I can't help.

Holt

Holt

pffft

MSN servers were down a few days ago so there might still be some problems. Personally, I use trillian which is a program that allows you to connect to msn, irc, aim, icq and yahoo simultaneously. It's a great program and it's free.
If you're connected through a router there may also be problems with port forwarding. I had a problem where a lot of my messages just didn't get through.

Signature Image

joycev

joycev

Quote by HoltMSN servers were down a few days ago so there might still be some
problems. Personally, I use trillian which is a program that allows you
to connect to msn, irc, aim, icq and yahoo simultaneously. It's a great
program and it's free.

Where do you get trillian?

Signature Image

Holt

Holt

pffft

right here
hope it works for you :)

Signature Image

joycev

joycev

Thanks Holt! It did work!

Signature Image

Holt

Holt

pffft

No problem. Glad to help ^_^

Signature Image

mdntdragon

mdntdragon

Dark Dragon---Ruler of the night

I personally use yahoo but msn was alway a bit glitchy. I was using that when I first started playing around online.

On leathern wings and with fiery breath, I descend upon you!

cerena

cerena

Evil eyes master

what type is ur msnm? mine is ok... well it just sensitively disconnect >< i hate that... but nothing prob with the typing.

DakX

DakX

Inactivity strikes again

Its true the msn servers where down because the guy's of msn where taking the winks ofline for a update. Later this week there will be an other down-time to put them back on. There was something wrong with protection etc. (again)

Please excuse but my english isn't very wel but I am still learning.

I use MSN a lot and it's pretty reliable. But when their servers go down, it ebcomes real annoying to try and use it. Instead of denying you access to logging on, it sort of faux logs you on and becomes all screwy when you start talking to someone. Give it some time and come back later. If that doensn't work, try reinstalling.

Firefox

Hi, I'm your favorite browser

Quote by inuiWhy don't you use ICQ, mIR? There are a lot of alternatives.

Or Jabber. \o/ http://www.jabber.org/software/clients.shtml Also no trouble when chatting with other people using a different protocol then Jabber. Just add a Gateway and you're set. (You must import your contacts from an existing Hotmail-address, plus people must add the Hotmail-address, not your Jabber-account if you ever decide to use it) I use Gush myself, from the very first moment I ever started it up I never looked back to MSN ever again.

AdventChild

AdventChild

Second Rate Ninja

I use Trillian. It incorporates MSN, AIM, yahoo, IRC, ICQ. You can get it at www.ceruleanstudios.com. I got tired of having 3 windows poped up at once plus whatever I was doing.

SHURIKEN SHURIKEN

Masaru-San

Masaru-San

Mayor of Hardcoretown.

msn sux. I'ver been using this program called Trillion. It manages all my IM accounts and even email into one thing, so I can IM people with all my AIM sn's all at once, and that really pisses them off.

Take a look toward the sky, Halvdane. We shall fill the air with spears to turn black this christian sun.

hishou

hishou

- elusive shadow user on hiatus-

I know a few people who love Trillian and I also know those who hate it. :\ It depends on your preference, I suppose...

I stopped using MSN Messenger for awhile because it was just acting like crap, aka "sitting there stinking up the place!"

But, since they updated it to MSN Messenger Beta (aka 7.0), I don't mind it. IN fact, I use it a good 3x more often than before because it has better support and it doesn't foul up as much. ^^

But, anyway, I heard the same things previously mentioned---That the servers were down for repair. I got a notification about it in my email, I think too.. :)
Hope all's well now for ya! ^^
-Li-

Signature
Need help? Double-check the FAQ before you thread. ^_~ *hint-hint*
My Most Recent Wall: Odyssey v2 - A Tsubasa: R.C. wallie! ^^
My Most Recent Doujinshi: "Angela"

joycev

joycev

Thanks for all your help everyone!! I got trillian now and it works much better!

Signature Image

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i'm actually pretty new to it too....
i get disconeected once in a whlie but the font hasn't ever changed on me like that...

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Yeah the new MSN 7.0 is kind of flawish in the sense that after I installed it once, I couldn't get any message through at all. Then I had even more problems - it would not fit in with the Beta version and goodness knows what happened during those times, and I had to reinstall the newest version the second time to see what I was missing. The program was a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

Quote by joycevThanks for all your help everyone!! I got trillian now and it works much better!

lol - I use that in place of AIM. It's a great program to use indeed. **Nods**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.