Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How much time you spend on telephone per day? - Minitokyo

How much time you spend on telephone per day?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 72 total items

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

I used to spend most of my spare time on telephone to chat with my friends, that really makes my parents unhappy. Well.... I think I'm on the phone at least 4 hours a day. Now that I often spend time on internet, I still have to talk on the phone for about 1 to 1 and a half hour per day. It becomes habit, I guess....I tried to get rid of this bad habit (as my parents said) a couple of time but I failed :( What about you guys?

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I only spend minutes on the phone. Nothing more since I'm on the internet all the time. Too bad my parents think I shouldn't be on the net, and in some cases, I'm beginning to think the net may be a bad place for nice guys.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

ashley50

ashley50

Dreaming Tank Buster

.....err....I only spend a few minutes on the phone...like...5 or less.
since the Internet is much better and I don't have to say a word....just move my right hand and *click*

What can I say?
Let's~ Volt ~IN!

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Quote by melmachine18 Too bad my parents think I shouldn't be on the net, and in some cases, I'm beginning to think the net may be a bad place for nice guys.

Good or bad depends on your behaviour I think. Since you can control yourself then it should be fine. Anyway, why do you think so?

Quote by ashley50.....err....I only spend a few minutes on the phone...like...5 or less.
since the Internet is much better and I don't have to say a word....just move my right hand and *click*

:) too bad you don't spend much time on the phone, I think it's pretty cool though ^_^

- Bill Wilson -

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by BarbaraGood or bad depends on your behaviour I think. Since you can control yourself then it should be fine. Anyway, why do you think so?

My behavior on the net is exceptional. I am trustworthy and I do not talk behind people's backs. In fact, I'm known to be one of the most trustworthy members around. I do not lie, although I joke around, and everything you see about me is the truth, even my posts. I am giving my life to people I don't even know, yet in some cases I don't get the same sentiments back. Some members and a mod understand what I'm going through, and I'm glad for their concern.

Also, my mother earlier had a phone bill of $150 because of dial-up. I told her to get DSL so she doesn't have to worry about long distance calls. I took the blame for something I didn't do and something my brother did. It's pretty pathetic. I'm beginning to think that everything associated with the phone is not inconsequential these days. Why does it cost money to contact other people? Why does it even cost money to get information? I know the companies need the money to keep their businesses running, but I don't think it's necessary. The government has the money; why don't they spend it? You know why? They're too busy spending it for other unnecessary crap.

DSL is only $30 a month at home. We wouldn't have to worry about a phone connection with DSL. As long as people have dial-up at home, and they are on the internet most of the time, they can expect their phone bill to go up and up, especially when dialing long distance numbers, numbers that I do not want to dial.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Life time average: Under 10seconds a day. (not that I make 10 second calls, but I rarely use the phone)

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

well i don't anymore, i talk a lot on the phone back in the high school days, but now most of my friends have move or lost contact, it is just once a week on the phone for me. I don't miss using the phone, just miss the voice of my friends. :( oh well, it is a small world, life goes on.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Quote by melmachine18 I am giving my life to people I don't even know, yet in some cases I don't get the same sentiments back.

It's a great thing that you show people how trustworthy you are but giving life to people that you don't know seems to be some kind of danger, some bad people might take advantage of you because of that. I too do hate people talk behind my back, I too do hate liars but I'm a bit cautious with strangers especially with people I don't have good feelings in the first place....

Quote by melmachine18Also, my mother earlier had a phone bill of $150 because of dial-up. I told her to get DSL so she doesn't have to worry about long distance calls. I took the blame for something I didn't do and something my brother did. It's pretty pathetic. I'm beginning to think that everything associated with the phone is not inconsequential these days. Why does it cost money to contact other people? Why does it even cost money to get information? I know the companies need the money to keep their businesses running, but I don't think it's necessary. The government has the money; why don't they spend it? You know why? They're too busy spending it for other unnecessary crap.

Sometimes it's really not a good thing to take blame for sth you didn't do. No offence, if you keep doing that, it might harm your brother, he might automatically blame you when sth comes up just to avoid being punished for example....
And I know about the government's budget, they took money from citizens to do many unnecessary things....can not do anything about it though *sigh*
Anyway, hope I don't bore or upset you with this small speech *giggles*

- Bill Wilson -

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

I don't spend that much time on the phone line. Never have, but I hope that if I ever get a girlfriend that I'll spend heaps of time chatting on the phone line to her. I think that would be great fun. I will occassionally talk to a friend on the phone for maybe ten minutes but that's generally if I need to ask them something and I haven't spoken to them for a while so I'll chat a little bit after asking them my question.

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by thelunarmageI don't spend that much time on the phone line. Never have, but I hope
that if I ever get a girlfriend that I'll spend heaps of time chatting
on the phone line to her. I think that would be great fun. I will
occassionally talk to a friend on the phone for maybe ten minutes but
that's generally if I need to ask them something and I haven't spoken
to them for a while so I'll chat a little bit after asking them my
question.

lol - Well I don't talk often but when my best friend calls me, we can talk like for hours on the phone - oh yeah, just like ya too. Interesting strategy - I normally go straight to the point but that's nice of you to catch up with other people when you haven't seen them in a while. It's nice to feel comfortable around the corner - I agree there. **Nods** lol

Quote by melmachine18

Quote by BarbaraGood or bad depends on your behaviour I think. Since you
can control yourself then it should be fine. Anyway, why do you think
so?

My behavior on the net is exceptional. I am trustworthy and
I do not talk behind people's backs. In fact, I'm known to be one of
the most trustworthy members around. I do not lie, although I joke
around, and everything you see about me is the truth, even my posts. I
am giving my life to people I don't even know, yet in some cases I
don't get the same sentiments back. Some members and a mod understand
what I'm going through, and I'm glad for their concern.

lol - I understand fully as well. I could say the same thing somewhat but not exactly to that extent, but more or less I don't really care what kind of remarks go on around the net. There will be those who will believe you and those who don't and will hate you for turning the blind eye. To me, it also depends on the personality of a person. Just ignore the bad remarks you have on the back of your mind, and go on with those who appreciate you for who you are, really. You don't need to convince those who don't trust you twice. **Shrugs** I've learned that along the way from a lot of forums. Not every view is agreed upon, nor will one person be liked by absolutely everyone - there's always that call of uncertainty in the air and you should ignore what may be going on and jump into what's more important to you, in a sense.

Anyways, on topic.

Quote by BarbaraI used to spend most of my spare time on telephone to chat with my
friends, that really makes my parents unhappy. Well.... I think I'm on
the phone at least 4 hours a day. Now that I often spend time on
internet, I still have to talk on the phone for about 1 to 1 and a half
hour per day. It becomes habit, I guess....I tried to get rid of this
bad habit (as my parents said) a couple of time but I failed :( What
about you guys?

lol - When I go on the Net, I talk on a wireless phone, plus I just hit the Hands-Free button and yap whenever I feel like it, with the music turned down of course, so its all good here. Multi-tasking - to master it is the key to victory. Yaya! **Nods** Hey Barbara! Nice to see you again!

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

i actually dont use the phone all that much.... maybe.... 1 min or 2 every now i then.... i usuallu talk online... lol ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

nekohana

Brain Sold Seperetly

I barely use the phone at all! Unless someone calls I have nothing to do on the phone.

nekohana

Brain Sold Seperetly

I barely use the phone at all! Unless someone calls I have nothing to do on the phone. Yes I'm usually on the net, too.

nekohana

Brain Sold Seperetly

I barely use the phone at all! Unless someone calls I have nothing to do on the phone.^^; Yes I'm usually on the net, too.-_-;

Holt

Holt

pffft

Bah! Who needs phones when everyone I'd want to meet is on the net xd
i rarely ever talk on the phone unless I'm arranging something important with my friends.

Signature Image

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I hardly ever use the phone anymore. I have one friend who I can talk to for hours on the phone, but for the most part we just chat online. I only use it if people call me lol.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

I hate using the telephone. I feel so weird when doing it and it's also really rude. If you think about it, it's the long distance equivalent of someone walking into your room and banging on the desk shouting "Speak to me now! Speak to me now! Speak to me now!"
Seriously.

mishia

mishia

Angel in Disguise

Hey Barbara! haven't talked in a while... eheh, Well, like almost everyone else said, I barely spend anytime on the phone. I'm mostly on the internet.

Signature
Meh~ I'll come up with a smart signature later...XD

~Shia-chan

Haia

Haia

:.:Dies Irae:.:

If I have a perfectly good reason/feeling for it.......I spend a looooooooongg time on the phone. I remember those times...4 hours I think or even longer. It's even long distance...I'm starting to sense now that my parents are gonna strip me of money freedom soon[I spend too much on anime too!]....well, anyway...that's why sometimes after I use the phone...my ears hurts so much! Well........there's such so many to talk about!

Signature Image

I rarely talk more than an hour on the phone, mainly because mobile bills are not worth wasting my money on after working so hard for it. But sometimes when my best friend calls we talk for a very long time, mainly because we never see each other much anymore *tears*, and there's a load of new gossip to catch up on. And secrets. :D

- This Free Life Crisis -

wow lol man i spend like 5 hrs or more heheehehe

Signature Image

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

I don't usually call my friends. but if i do talk on the phone, usually 5-30 min.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

kazuki05

Another supernumerary..

I never use the phone.. since I never call anyone >__> ... I'd like to think I have phoneophobia. Fear of calling people.. :D Besides.. I do most of the communicating part online.

"The stronger someone appears on the outside, the weaker they are in reality."

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

i don't often use the phone, think it's best to talk in person.

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 72 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.