Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you think you can express yourself more in written form? - Minitokyo

Do you think you can express yourself more in written form?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

me, for personal, i can express myself more in written for, like this!!! joining this kind of forum is very exciting for me. I cannot express myself, even my friend said "if you talk, put some expression on your face". I can't talk a lot if it goes to face to face.

what do u think?

and i say Thanks to all for participating in this thread.

Pride comes before the fall

kazuki05

Another supernumerary..

I have the same problem.. I can express myself through written/typed words much better than verbal way. I stutter too much because I get nervous. >__< ... and my expression is always defined as a poker-face.. so my words do not make sense when my face seems disinterested.

"The stronger someone appears on the outside, the weaker they are in reality."

kazuki05

Another supernumerary..

ahh.. double post x___x sorry.

"The stronger someone appears on the outside, the weaker they are in reality."

Sakuma-chan

Sakuma-chan

I <3 Yamashita-sensei xD

I have the same problem! I'm very shy and I get very nervous, when I talk to someone face to face. Also I don't have the self confidence to say everything the way, i really mean it. It's much easier for me to express my real opinion upon a topic, when there isn't an immidiate reaction, when I can think about every word I use and, like in a Forum, can change things, when I realize, that something I wrote does'nt com out the way it should.

~property of the halfblood prince~

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Oh yes, very much so. I'm better communicating in emails rather than over the phone or in person, and in forums too. Like Sakuma-chan said you can go back and change things if they don't sound right. It's just much easier that way. XD

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

Yes, that's one of the advantages, i couldn't think fast, so i can arrange the words to make it better, and maybe i'm acting different than usual when it goes to the written form. I usually can't talk much in verbal form.

Cadi

Cadi

True

I think I might express myself better in written form, because in real life I would be too shy to say what I think.

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

O.o Alright. :D
I express my self better in person actually; I find it easier to get to know someone better by participating in day-to-day gossiping or even on the phone rather than writing letters and emails. I think its more of a realistic experience.
However relating to people who express themselves better in written form is not hard, because I write an awfully large amount of fan fiction in my spare time. :D

- This Free Life Crisis -

I think so too, It is esarier to express yourself in a writen way...

Quote by Rai1eYes, that's one of the advantages, i couldn't think fast, so i can
arrange the words to make it better, and maybe i'm acting different
than usual when it goes to the written form. I usually can't talk much
in verbal form.

another advantage is the posibility of poetry (or hidden cinical messages XD)

-Kiyoshi-

-Kiyoshi-

Silent One [Not Really]

I'd much rather write in forums or in e-mails. Like Rai1e, I think of what to say. I just can't look at someone and speak my mind. I'm too shy for that.

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

Well...I think I can express myself more through talking about writting is also a good way.

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

Hummmmm..... *thinks* Yeah I guess.

OnePiece Fan

in a forum,I think the hugese problem is not to express ourselves,but how to make a good thread ^_^'

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

To tell you the truth, I do express myself better in written form. I feel that I can make contact through written words better than I can through my voice. Even in large crowds, my voice is overheard and sometimes overwhelmed by another voice. I cannot throw my voice that far, even though it works better in more confined places.

Quote by 32061in a forum,I think the hugese problem is not to express ourselves,but how to make a good thread smiley

And maybe some members feel the need to express themselves. Maybe they want to be understood better. Maybe they want their questions answered in written form since the answers are multitudinous, rather than seeking answers from one person in their own area and getting one solution, and perhaps they are more afraid to face the truth from voice than they do in written form.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

I'm totally lacking of social skills personally so I can express myself better in anything that's through writing... Said words from the heart are what move me, not spoken ones that are exchanged carelessly in which I think is highly unecessary... Writing is of individuality and liberty, that's why I prefer to reveal my own thoughts, philosophy and ideas in paper... Not that I show it to anyone though... But yes, I find it better to communicate "written-wise", like now... >.<

Elvandro

Elvandro

Orang ganteng lewat

Quote by Rai1eme, for personal, i can express myself more in written for, like
this!!! joining this kind of forum is very exciting for me. I cannot
express myself, even my friend said "if you talk, put some expression
on your face". I can't talk a lot if it goes to face to face.
what do u think?

Uh I Wan't Express By Hand Writter To, But My Bad Language Very Very Bothering Me

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Sometimes writing down what I want to say really helps. ...But then again... ...I'm sure we've all experienced relying to a question, then later, realizing we gave the right answer to the wrong question.

....Feedback.... ....Something I seldom get when I write. ...Forums of course... ...Give some feedback. ...but not always in a desireable fashion. heh XD

Jheiracks

Jheiracks

absently lost in creation

I am a very expressive person. When I speak about something no matter how insignifficant I make certain that I mean it

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

I tend to say less offline, its more in the facial expressions.. Online i get my ideas across pretty eaisly, i think.. im never good with words.

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

I tend to get my point across either way...but in written form such as this, it's easier to be more eloquent. For me, if I have to write something out, then I think it through more carefully and structure it more logically than when I speak out loud. It's easier to take the time to plan in writing...when I speak, I feel almost rushed to get my opinion out, so it isn't always as well-spoken as it could be. I also talk more online, written like this; it just seems easier...but I don't like that you can't tell tone of voice or see body language, because those help define what someone's saying. I like using sarcasm, but when written, one can't always tell if it's sarcastic. Therefore, both have pluses and minuses...

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

Quote by studioO.o Alright. :D
I express my self better in person actually; I find it easier to get to know someone better by participating in day-to-day gossiping or even on the phone rather than writing letters and emails. I think its more of a realistic experience.
However relating to people who express themselves better in written form is not hard, because I write an awfully large amount of fan fiction in my spare time. :D

I wish i can do that too.....

Quote by Elvandro

Quote by Rai1eme, for personal, i can express myself more in written for, like
this!!! joining this kind of forum is very exciting for me. I cannot
express myself, even my friend said "if you talk, put some expression
on your face". I can't talk a lot if it goes to face to face.what do u think?

Uh I Wan't Express By Hand Writter To, But My Bad Language Very Very Bothering Me

Says who? you always get good marks in english test!

I actually find it better to express myself in face-to-face conversations than in writing. For me, I tend to get more into a convesation when I am speaking directly to someone. However, the obvious downside of organizing one's thoughts into words with a much smaller time-frame can drag what I'm saying into the ground seeing as how I tend to speak faster than I think... -_-

Still, I feel I lose a bit of sincerity to what I say when I'm not speaking out of the moment and instead organizing my words to a much more grammatical and proper sentence. But I guess that's because I tend to be a more "of the moment" type of person. I guess in the end, I say more stupid things in face-to-face conversation, but that's a part of who I am! ^-^

If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not your sport

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

yes i can express myself better in written form
i dont know why but in real life im too quiet and dont say so much but if im here at a forum it is much easier for me to express myself

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

lol - Well I can chat like there's no tomorrow if I felt like it. Expression-wise, I'd do alright I suppose - laugh, wink, giggle, smile - you name it. Haha - but in a face to face conversation, I'm not the greatest individual out there.

I actually get my ideas across better if I jot things down in a written state - you can sense by the way I post, I must be born to write things down rather than explain them out by voice. Well, to tell you the truth, that's no surprise that my literary skills far surpass my dialect skills. I express myself the best online, and I can't truly say why. Maybe that's because I feel more secure that way, of course. My emotions do let out better off the net, but on the net, I do pretty okay. Yes, I could presumedly be considered a prolific writer, and I have written tons of book-long comments in a sense, but I'm just being myself - that's all. Nothing spectacular. I even communicate far better by posting that way, and some people even see a side in me that they have never seen before in real life, unless you were a very close friend of mine, of course. So yes, in a way, I do clearly express myself a whole lot better in written form. There's no denying it. **Nods** In real life, I've been out a lot of times, more than the average person might - actually, so I've been building a bit of confidence in my own overall approach as of recent, to get myself more accustomed to chatting to people well on and off the net.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.