Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ketchup or Catsup? - Minitokyo

Ketchup or Catsup?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 178 total items

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

http://www.rareads.com/scans/16185.jpg

Ha!!! You people don't have photographic evidence but I do!!! It's catsup!!!

All major companies uses Catsup.... can't you people read what's written on the bottle?

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

http://members.cox.net/mtreiten/etc/images/Heinz_Shatner.jpg

You just edited that in Photoshop, Ken. You're a damn liar!!! Here's my hi-res image showing that Heinz spells it Ketchup. You said Heinz spells it Catsup, you're dead wrong!!!

Signature

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

haha, this is getting slightly out of hand..haha

ken, its ketchup

shinobinokuro

shinobinokuro

Boku wa DDR GA SUKI desu

lmao WTH ! XD well okay im just gonna say ketchup

left out....................alot heheh ^_^

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by lapukhaha, this is getting slightly out of hand..haha

ken, its ketchup

Nah... Ken will resort to anything to defend his beliefs. But he's too careless at times.

Any Catsup supporters out there?

Signature

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Ketchup. I think it is totally incorrect to say catsup. It is like mispronoucing something that is alreay slang. **shiver**

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

Quote by jakulitoAny Catsup supporters out there?

Nope... Ketchup for me!! XD

Signature Image

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Hey Ken...

If you've been doing some research then what is Catsup's historical significance?

C'mon your out of options... come to the side of Ketchup!!!

Signature

redblitzkrieg

redblitzkrieg

Greatness, at any cost

Drop your weapons ken!

You are now cornered! Even Del monte is against you.

http://www.chemicals-technology.com/projects/eval/images/ketchup4.jpg

Counter Intelligence Agent Reporting. . .

â??Eye of twilight, give us sight.
Take our offer, give us might.
Make our power tears of night.â??

brynjar

Wallpapering newbie

Ketchup. Cat-soup? wth

super mutant ninja otaku

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Poor Ken. I'm going with catsup. Ketchup is such a... weird word.

Brownie the Cat

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by sadotsuPoor Ken. I'm going with catsup. Ketchup is such a... weird word.

Someone took pity on Ken and decided to at least ease his agony of realizing that Catsup is dead.

Catsup has reached it's 5:30 and is subject to deletion.

Signature

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

Quote by sadotsuPoor Ken. I'm going with catsup. Ketchup is such a... weird word.

nope, ketchup ain't weird, catsup is.. it sounds like cat's soup to me..ewww just the though of it..

ken, its ketchup

HiJakk

HiJakk

Ilibing ng Buhay!!!

Who the hell is ken?

You guyz are weird.. posting pics and all....

But I'ma have to say it's Kentchup... that's what printed on the packet I'm holdin right now.

Quote by Gloc 9Nakasaad ang katibayan, oras na ng kamatayan.

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

si akaiken hijakk, si akaiken. ken=akaiken..

damnit ken, its ketchup..lol

HiJakk

HiJakk

Ilibing ng Buhay!!!

Quote by lapuksi akaiken hijakk, si akaiken. ken=akaiken..

So he's the root of all this... he's one stubborn fellow to still be able to protect his beliefs while being tortured like this...

But Ketchup and Catsup is pretty much the same if not totally and I do believe that they are.

Quote by Gloc 9Nakasaad ang katibayan, oras na ng kamatayan.

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

Quote by HiJakk

So he's the root of all this... he's one stubborn fellow to still be
able to protect his beliefs while being tortured like this...
But Ketchup and Catsup is pretty much the same if not totally and I do
believe that they are.

yeah, but as you said, ken is a stubborn fella, and he thinks otherwise, he vehemently defends the catsup argument even though it really is ketchup..

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

Quote by HiJakk

So he's the root of all this... he's one stubborn fellow to still be
able to protect his beliefs while being tortured like this...
But Ketchup and Catsup is pretty much the same if not totally and I do
believe that they are.

yeah, but as you said, ken is a stubborn fella, and he thinks otherwise, he vehemently defends the catsup argument even though it really is ketchup..

zenriek

Azure Swirl

I've been saying ketchup all of my life. When I first heard the word catsup I was like, 'what in the heck is that!?'

I like the word ketchup better, it's more natural to me. Though catsup IS fun to say.. catsup catsup... ^_^'

aog506

~Burn It All~

it's ketchup

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Why do you resist, Ken?

It's Ketchup... the people have spoken. Hear them out!!!

Here's some documentation made by some of the world's leading experts at Ketchup

Quote: Ketchup was one of the earliest names given to this condiment, so spelled in Charles Lockyer’s book of 1711, An Account of the Trade in India: “Soy comes in Tubbs from Jappan, and the best Ketchup from Tonquin; yet good of both sorts are made and sold very cheap in China�. Nobody seems quite sure where it comes from, and I won’t bore you with a long disquisition concerning the scholarly debate on the matter, which is reflected in the varied origins given in major dictionaries. It’s likely to be from a Chinese dialect, imported into English through Malay. The original was a kind of fish sauce, though the modern Malay and Indonesian version, with the closely related name kecap, is a sweet soy sauce.
Like their Eastern forerunners, Western ketchups were dipping sauces. I’m told the first ketchup recipe appeared in Elizabeth Smith’s book The Compleat Housewife of 1727 and that it included anchovies, shallots, vinegar, white wine, sweet spices (cloves, ginger, mace, nutmeg), pepper and lemon peel. Not a tomato in sight, you will note—tomato ketchup was not introduced until about a century later, in the US, and caught on only slowly. It was more usual to base the condiment on mushrooms, or sometimes walnuts.
The confusion about names started even before Charles Lockyer wrote about it, since there is an entry dated 1690 in the Dictionary of the Canting Crew which gives it as catchup, which is another Anglicisation of the original Eastern term. Catchup was used much more in North America than in Britain: it was still common in the middle years of the nineteenth century, as in a story in Scribner’s Magazine in 1859: “I do not object to take a few slices of cold boiled ham ... with a little mushroom catchup, some Worcester sauce, and a pickle or so�. Indeed, catchup continued to appear in American works for some decades and is still to be found on occasion.
There were lots of other spellings, too, of which catsup is the best known, a modification of catchup. You can blame Jonathan Swift for it if you like, since he used it first in 1730: “And, for our home-bred British cheer, Botargo, catsup, and caveer�. [Caveer is caviar; botargo is a fish-based relish made of the roe of the mullet or tunny.] That form was also once common in the US but is much less so these days, at least on bottle labels: all the big US manufacturers now call their product ketchup.
Simple question: complicated answer!

Signature

BlackRoses

BlackRoses

Crimson Toxic

Ketchup... I've actually never heard of catsup... XP

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

out of the two id say ketchup

but i say neither, i say Sauce XD or tomato sauce hehe

Signature Image

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

None... Me hates ketchup >_<

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 178 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.