Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Tsubasa RC vs xxxHolic - Minitokyo

Tsubasa RC vs xxxHolic

page 1 of 1 15 total items

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

You know that Bee Train is going to animate Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. I'm not a Clamp fan, but I like the character designs in TRC and xxxHolic. Both of them are crossovers and the main characters appear in both mangas. But which manga is better?

I like xxxHolic better. Yuko and Watanuki are so cool and this manga is really funny. I enjoy it a lot. But I was bored a little when I was reading Tsubasa and I still don't like the story too much.

So what's you opinion?

I agree with you, chibikko. I think that xxxHolic has a really original and funny story with cool characters against what TRC is quite normal. I think TRC lacks a bit tension but both drawing styles are great.
I prefer xxxHolic but I also enjoyed TRC so I am looking forward to the Bee Train animation.

I like mostly XXXHolic :D But Tsubasa is also nice.... I can't decide which one is better..... Each of these mangas have something interesting. But XXXHolic is more funny :D
I'm looking forward for the animation Tsubasa Reservoir!!!! I've got 8 volumes of it ;) And yeah - in some parts TRS is boring.... Not like XXXHolic......

juanicths

juanicths

= tabi-bito =

think both are really nice ^^ they kinda have diff focus so it's a little difficult to compare just like that.... can't wait for the series and movie to start airing!!

juanicths

juanicths

= tabi-bito =

think both are really nice ^^ they kinda have diff focus so it's a little difficult to compare just like that.... can't wait for the series and movie to start airing!!

Cadi

Cadi

True

I like Tsubasa better, since it was my frist manga by Clamp^^

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

tiantito

tiantito

-[D]-

i think they are both really good
i like tsubasa a little bit more because of the character....sakura...fai..kurogane...mokona and syaoran...
but they are both great mangas

Producto de exportacion Colombiano / Colombian exportation product
Signature

I like both. xxxHoLic is funny and Tsubasa RC is an adventure. Both my kinds of manga. 5 more days till Tsubasa is aired! Then a few more days for it to be subbed!

Lana3007

Lana3007

strange little girl

I haven't read too far into the either one of the serieses, but I like xxholics more, mainly because I like how it's both gothic and unusual. I don't really get tsubasa, but then I haven't gotten all that far, and I am waiting to watch the anime before I read the manga.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I like both because I like knowing everything XD When I heard that they crossed over with each other I decided not to buy them and borrow them from my friend the clamp fanatic because I wouldn't be able to stand owning one half of a picture when I could have the whole picture.

But yes, they both have their own good points, I love Tsubasa for bringing me in touch with characters from clamp I recognize and seeing them in a way I'd never see them in the series they're from. It's really refreshing. And it's got a lot of action. I think I'd call it a Shounen Manga, and clamp doesn't do much like that... So it's unique in it's own way.

xxxHolic does not have a much of the cross-over-ness as Tsubasa (though I jumped for joy when I recognized the main characters o Legal Drug in one manga, but was disappointed that they weren't referenced in the back!) But I love how it brings the mundane and takes a step to the side and makes it fantastic. It's one of the mind-warp series. Mind-warp series are always fun. They make you really think about things. ^_^ All of it's cross-overs are either with more mundane series, Tsubasa or a simple crossover using an object from another series as a point of interest.

I really can't see them as separate though. The stories may run completely different lines, but when they intersect I wouldn't dare not know both.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

I wouldn't think to pit them against each other, I think they're aimed at different audiences personally, so i voted both are great :)
Although out of choice, i think i prefer xxxHolic. The art isn't as nice as Tsubasa [TRC looks more clean and finished i think] but i like the story just that little bit better.

edited to remove retardedness

sooo easy ... i think .....
xxxholic ALL THE WAY [drunk cute pig things are awesome]

Alcrin

Alcrin

The Ilusion

Tsubasa, is onu of m¡y faovurits of Clamp

Intentar sacar la espada no hará que salga. Intentar ser más fuerte no te hará más fuerte

CuteSherry

CuteSherry

I seek peace in my dreams.

oowww....difficult question...
XXXHolic is really great and, well, when I started reading TRC I felt a kind of gap between them...My "problem" now is that Shaoran has been my absolute favourite character since CCS, so my opinion is not really objective...Something else : since CCS was super known etc etc and that the two leading characters of TRC are SS, I guess everyone can help but expect a LOT of it and look at TRC *willingly or not* in a...mmhh..."harder" way then XXXHolic I think. By the way, TRC is getting better and better XD XD XD
My final answer : TRC wall the way! But XXXHolic is great too ^^;;

Aaaaaahhh...this was hard for me to decide, because like felinedacat said, it seems to me like they're both aimed at different audiences. I mean, Tsubasa RC features the main characters of Card Captor Sakura, which was originally aimed towards younger children. I think CLAMP was hoping to draw in the people who originally loved CCS as children with Tsubasa RC, which still has the characters that they knew and loved, but in drastically different circumstances and more mature trials facing them. XXXholic, on the other hand, seems to have darker themes [ie death and evil - an example being the woman who was a compulsive liar and was eventually consumed by her lies or the woman addicted to the internet] that might appeal to an older audience...like the ones who follow X. >< But that's just my opinion.

Personally, I love both manga. Choosing a favorite isn't really an option, but my preference varies from mood to mood. Even though Tsubasa RC is more lighthearted, it's less funny than XXXholic [maybe to combat the dark themes?]. But anyway, right now I'm liking Tsubasa RC more [Syaoran and Sakura are my favorite clamp pairing, soo....] because I just finished reading the latest one again, and that's why I chose it! I’m kinda fickle, I think. But yes.

I don't really think I made my point clear, but oh well. Thanks for reading! ^-^ *wave*

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.