Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 can you love on distance - Minitokyo

can you love on distance

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

Asahi

Asahi

gone

hi everybody,

i would to ask you some little-big question : can you be together (in love) with a person which live 1000 km's away from you. for example america - europe ??

DarkCrimson

DarkCrimson

Angel on Dragon's Mistress

Hm a good Thread I think.Well I have one special Person I like very much.......Oh well I think I really love this Person but its also quite a distance from me.But I think yeah why not.Its a little
bit difficult but I think it works.

Signature

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

yep- my boyfriend is in a completely different country , i had to move for school. Long distance is rough, but not impossible if the two people can chill out and accept that they have limited time to see eachother, but will use that time wisely and are more in love because of that :)

when you meet someone you connect with, distance is not a problem, its a challenge. A challenge to see how truly connected you are with another. ;)

hope that helps- good luck ^_^

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

sadbird

A soul has many deep secrets

well... yes i can but if he could be able o visit me every once in a while, for example every 2 weeks, he can come and visit me for 5 days, but if he can't...i don't think the relationship will work.

Signature

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

Tried it, didn't work. First time I was dating the guy for 4 years before I moved away. We broke up after a few months. Second time we were dating for a few months before I left. Broke up shortly after. If you can do it, all the power to you. It hasn't worked for me.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

:nerd: I belive that it is extremely difficult to keep a long distance relationship going. In my younger days I had two internet relationships, one of which was an American girl in Japan. The other was in a different town in the same state I once lived. I remember that after several months, the girl living in Japan found someone else that was there and that was the end of that.

~_~ Overall, I just don't think those kinds of relationships usually work. Besides, I've discovered that there are sufficient good people right where you are! (almost always) We just don't notice them, because we are looking in the wrong place, but trust me, there are almost always there (unless you're living in a jail cell or something :D .

bakaonigiri2

bakaonigiri2

silly cat

My boyfriend lives in a city about 4 hours by bus from here...we miss each other really much, and well, many times we;ve come close to breaking up..

but as my dermatologist once said "it'll last if it's true..if it's not, then it'll be better if it doesn't last" (yup, really cool guy )

I should have known...that a riceball does not belong in a fruits basket

1 year 6 months 3 days.

I was in a long distance relationship. She lived over 660 miles from me.
I love her very very very much.

But she stopped loving me.

Does it work?
It depends on the people.

Good luck.

amy

amy

StudioDink

I too believe that you can love someone that lives long distances from you....It's pretty much if the two of you can handle the long distances part of the relationship...

Do you think that you can be faithful to one another?
Do you think that you love each other enough to handle this?

Signature Image
Something that I created as a tutorial

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

Dunno! Hehe! Maybe no maybe yes! Most likely yes! True love can nvr be separated no matter wat! ^^ Thats wat I think! I hv not enounter such things yet but I will tell u if* I hv tat b4 ^^;

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I'm keeping contact with a member who lives about 900 miles away from me, and so far, she is the sweetest thing I know. In fact, we love each other a lot. It's possible that I may leave New York to be with her, just to get away from all this other hocus-pocus.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

.::Hopeless::.

Quote by DarkCrimsonHm a good Thread I think.Well I have one special Person I like very
much.......Oh well I think I really love this Person but its also quite
a distance from me.But I think yeah why not.Its a little bit difficult
but I think it works.

Oh wow who is this my friend ^^ I wanna know
and i suppose you could have a long distance thing
but oh well I'm not going ot answer much more than that^^

Signature Image
You shattered all the hopes and dreams I never had.....

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Yes, it is possible, but can be difficult as most have said here. I have been in a long distance relationship that was very very far, Canada - Europe, it lasted 11 months ... I won't go into details what happened, but we weren't meant for each other afterall.

My current relationship is also long distance, 6 hours away, it's difficult and hurtful because you can't be with them all the time. Indeed such relationships work, there have been marriages even, despite all the bad incomes you hear. It's all about dedication and how much you love each other (sounds corny yes) It's about waiting, until one of you or both can move.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

If both sides can do it, then it will work. If not it will fall apart.

I'm currently in a long distance relationship myself and it is very difficult and over time it will continue to be difficult and growing, but I'm not gonna give in. I'm staying strong and true to her and thats that. I think if the love is strong enough it can work, but still it can be very painful after awhile and I hate being so far apart and making that person suffer, but sometimes somethings can't be helped. I have complete faith and trust in my girlfriend and if she wants to move on, she can. I won't hold her back from living her life, she knows that as well. XD First time I've ever met someone who is this committed as well to a long distance relationship and its nice to know that its someone as wonderful as her.

Its just all up to the two people, if they can stay strong and true to their feelings, it will work. If not, then theres no chance it will, sadly, but if the love is strong and if both sides are willing to face the difficult road ahead, it just makes it all the more worthwhile.

Signature Image

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

yes
this is my boyfriend:
http://lbbros.minitokyo.net

and this isn´t simple love.....I really love him

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by melmachine18I'm keeping contact with a member who lives about 900 miles away from me, and so far, she is the sweetest thing I know. It's possible that I may leave New York to be with her, just to get away from all this other hocus-pocus.

*gets out the measuring tape* hmm, who lives 900 miles away? Oh yeah, its me ^_^' haha, just messing with you, sorry. I hope that long distance relationships work out! Otherwise i'd be really heartbroken T_T But right now, i'm happy and i think things are going ok! Right? right? ;)

Signature

Yeah sure why not? As long as you guys still love each other. Right? It's just hard because you really don't see that person and you can get worryed sometimes.

YoKoBaNdiT

YoKoBaNdiT

waurenai yo

yeah......a very good thread, i think you can love with long distance, it's possible and it has happend before many times, and as crazy as it seems....it might be enough to depend everything and be faithful to only an emotion that cna be real or not, it's really hard though, not to be able to hold and kiss this one special person in your life..share the happy and bad moments..only having the phone or computer as a line connecting you two together..it's almost as if your torturing yourself on purpose, loving and hating every aching minute of it....i think no, i know it is possible an example me and my bf joshua, we have known eachother for a year and a half and we care for eachother soo deeply......he can feel what i feel. im going to see him this summer :) so im very happy about that, i miss him so much. but enough of that heh ^_^' it is possible to be together even though you are apart from that person physically but..in your heart....you guys are connected.

'Signature Image'

Cadi

Cadi

True

Yep, I believe it could work. My brother had a relationship with a girl that lived in China and we were in America, which makes... I dont know how many km or miles that is>.< but I'm sure its pretty far away. Their relationship worked out fine

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

Revan

Retired Moderator

Revan

Tattoo Soul

Not to be on the pessimistic side of things but I was on a long distance relationship and though it really worked for a while... time became the worst enemy. At first the illution gives you strength and all, as time passes by you start to wear down until you find out that you do not love or are not loved or even both. The relationship I was involved in was very serious and lasted for almost 4 years but as I started saying time becomes the worst enemy, makes you feel all alone and beaten up. The hardest part starts when you go trough moments when you need suport or when you need a little contact by that person who feels you, when you go out and your friends are with each others partner and you find yourself standing alone, faithfully waiting but at everytime heartaching... guess it saddens me to rememember it ^_^'
I also wish to add that I do not regret going for it I enjoyed while it lasted, certainly I'd do it all over again but it is a very difficult thing to do.

Signature

There is nothing you can do... yes I've lost my faith in you.

autumnchill

autumnchill

~.::.Memento Mori.::.~

Hmm...I believe that one could really love no matter how far. I mean, my friend, winter...has got a boyfriend that lives in North Dakota! (not sure if it's ok to mention names, for they both are on MT...what a coincidence!) Anywayz, I do not have a boyfriend...less likely one that lives far away, but I'm seeing a strong relationship bloom in front of my face, and so I say yes to your question, Asahi.

~.:: R E M E M B E R - T H A T - Y O U - W I L L - D I E ::.~

Im trying it out...so far so good :)

Signature Image

Kumiko-H

Kumiko-H

Professional reader

I think that everyone is different. When I went off to college my high school boyfriend and I stated we would make things work. We were only 350 miles apart. At first we did but the distance began to drive me crazy. I am such an affectionate person and not having him around was torture. Neither of us cheated, so that wasn't what caused the seperation. We couldn't deal with the seperation. Everytime we made plans to go see the other something came up. It was heard. But that's just my sad story.
My coworker on the other hand is lives here in Georgia. Her boyfriend lives in Utah. They are ridiculously smitten, but now the problem they are facing is marriage and where they intend on living.

Signature
All I want to do is read all day long. Can someone tell me how I can get a job like that! LET'S LEAD THE PROFESSIONAL READERS REVOLUTION!!! Any takers???

i know -->i<-- can luv from afar, but, i cant make my man do n e thing from another country/state...to me, talk is cHeAp....sum1 can SAY n e thing they want to you....but if they're thousands of miles away,its SO much easier to keep you in the dark.....thats the easiest game to run!..they can have their BF who live near dem, and just talk on the phone/computer w/ u whenevr they're free....i'd rather date sum1 near....this is harsh yeah, but its the truth.....i luv this thread...and yeah, whoever the long distance werked out for, congrats!!!...thats tru luuv, maannn XD ...basically, take this statement of mine as a warning, bCuz i CaRe,ok duudes?...i DONT mean 2 talk sh**, y'all XD

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.