Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Saikano - Minitokyo

Tagged under SaiKano

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Saikano is definately one of my favourite animes of all time. I'm collecting the Viz manga at the moment, and its certainly living up to expectations :)
Although, a lot of people find it too depressing... what do you think of it?

Personally it breaks my heart every time I watch it or every time i read the manga. Shuuji is a pillock but i can see why Chise likes him... girls certainly are attracted to the wrong people at times! Oh, and doesn't Akemi's story break your heart? She certainly pulled a few hearstrings =_=;;
My least favourite character has to be Fuyumi though... she just doesn't sit right with my own ethics ^_^

I liked saikano...quite a bit, but if we were to examine it, saikano is a crappy anime, I mean theres just no explanation to why things happen..they just happen. Also the character development appart from the 2 main ones is horrible...and what the hell is going on with the war? O.o

hopefully the upcoming OVA will answer all those questions...-_-

Signature Image

You see, i thought it was a nice touch that not everything is explained, i felt it would've got quite cluttered otherwise... Its quite heavy as it is!
Also, was the main focus of the anime on Shuuji? If that was the case, then i can understand why the war was glazed over. Okay war is a pretty big thing, but when you're an angsty heartbroken teen nothing else matters as much :S *guilty of being a angsty heartbroken teen at times*

I'm still not sure if i like it or dis-like it.

lifini

lifini

the blue moon warrior

hmm... i haven't seen the anime, but the manga is awesome. the way it's written and drawn is different from all other mangas. it is a little dark at time, but very moving. still waiting for the fourth one to come out in english...
i don't like fuyumi too much either. :\

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

zoku88

zoku88

Resident Lolicon

I think it was meant to not be explained, because the reasons for the war do not matter, its that they are in a war and its not a good one (not even the soldiers seem to know why they are fighting.) I may have been done so to show that war messes up peoples' lives no matter the reason.

I like Saikano, mostly because its both kinda heartwarming and depressing.

zoku88

zoku88

Resident Lolicon

I think it was meant to not be explained, because the reasons for the war do not matter, its that they are in a war and its not a good one (not even the soldiers seem to know why they are fighting.) I may have been done so to show that war messes up peoples' lives no matter the reason.

I like Saikano, mostly because its both kinda heartwarming and depressing.

I really like Saikano, but its also very depressing, it has a nice but sad story

<3

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

The reason for war I don't think was relevant to the point of saikano. The point instead was the effect of war on people. That's where the drama of the relationships comes in. It doesn't matter how the war got started or what they're fighting for. But the effects of that fighting is the important part.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

I'm curious to see what the OVA will reveal to us.

Saikano has got to be one of my favorite anime, even though it is incredibly sad. In my experience with anime, this is the only one that actually stirred my feelings so strongly.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Quote by demonstarlightI'm curious to see what the OVA will reveal to us. Saikano has got to
be one of my favorite anime, even though it is incredibly sad. In my
experience with anime, this is the only one that actually stirred my
feelings so strongly.

I agree. Saikano definitely was very emotionally poignant.

i think the reason is that the directors did a fantastic job in creating sympathy and empathy in the viewer for the characters. The audience really wishes that things will work out somehow. But then comes the ending, and emotions flow on.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

I very like this anime but the story is very sad ! now, i wait the new oavs

Definately! The OVA looks promising. What i saw from the website shows that its from Chise's POV, and looks to have more explosions and what not! I'm sure i'll love it as much as i love the original series

Ichiru

Your #1 Fan

The art for the manga takes some getting used to. It's such a sad love story though, one of the best anime/manga out there IMO.

Parang Magic Talaga, Kinamay Lang Umayos Na!

it is a deperessing story, but a very good staory as well. the ova will help fill in some of the blanks left by the fist series. like falinedacat said, it will be told more from chise's point of view, and we will learn more about what she was doing when she left to fight. there is a web site for the new ova but i forgot what the link was. but with a search you could find it.

deathe

FaLLeN dReAmEr

saikano heiki kanojo. its so sad. but i love it!! ;O;

getJosie4

getJosie4

Dreamer

It's really one of the saddest stories , I've ever read (I just have the manga). Akemi's Story at the end... Why do they all have to die, exxcept for Chise- chan and Sho-chan.^^

get_Josie4

~Twelve~ (coming soon)
~STRANDED~ New One Piece Doujinshi
Coming soon...
Have a look and comment!

mayn i aggree with you its so sad... where did you get the mange...? wanna hook it up mayn :) i heard da ending was different on da tv series then da manga.

AVi: Made By "shiori-chan16"
Signature

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

I'm nearly finished watching the TV series. Very tragic tale, not as action packed as I expected but still the story was so well thought out. There's one thing that's been bugging me though since the beginning.... why is almost everyone continuously blushing or extremely rosy cheeked? I mean their cheeks are almost always red... POUR QUE? (I'm serious btw)

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

that's just the drawing style.

has anyone seen the OVAs yet? I didn't really think it had much of anything to contribute to the anime itself. The 2 missions of the OVA ended without me feeling much of what i felt in the series. :( and yeah, one hell of an ending.

Ive seen the OVA's heres my short and sweet review. Having read the manga, seen the anime and ova + live action movie. The anime is a family based toned down version of the book but it does retain the story pretty well. The OVA were my favorite though, due to their inclusion of a few minor details found in the manga and addition of new fresh heart moving moments. I love the story and even though it's sad we all know we all feel a little like shuji or chise sometimes but the world isn't ending for us. That's the messege of the story.

hopefully someone agrees with me ~~ The Fernandez~~

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.