Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is the devil really evil?? - Minitokyo

Is the devil really evil??

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 140 total items

ok... so first of all, I haven't seen this before so I decided to try it, and second of all, this is N O T an agressive or offensive thread, I personaly, have been baubtized (is that the word in english??, well bautizado) as a catholic, but, I'm not a beliver... is just that I wanted to kwon everyones opinion (actually when I red a post from SharinganKnight, in another forum, I wanted to know who else thought something like that...)

Well, the thing is that in my opinion, lucifer is not that of a bad guy, I mean, supostly he got thrown out of heaven because none can be like god, so, I belive that god is not as peaches and cream as they tought me to, he also, knows what vanity is... so at the end, Lu decided to go, because god, maybe, felt that hes position as the one and only all mighty was in danger, as Lu, began to know of what they called "sin"
what do U think?

once again, I repeat, this thread has no intention of being offensive or harmful in anyway to anyone, it is just a "phylosofical" question

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Cara

hmmmm..... well in my opinion the devil is pure evil..... the absolute representation of bad. When he was thrown out of heaven, it was because of the greed that consumed him...... you could almost call it glutony over power.... wanting it so much that he would do anything to get it.

Signature

NO not evil :) just have nothing better to do :)
Sometime the dark choice seem to be evil but we all have reason for doing things.
Someone have to do this job and even if you don't want to.
There are no such things as evil or good by the way you look at things
There are no line between things but the way you see light and dark.

Quote by Rhapsodyhmmmm..... well in my opinion the devil is pure evil..... the absolute
representation of bad. When he was thrown out of heaven, it was because
of the greed that consumed him...... you could almost call it glutony
over power.... wanting it so much that he would do anything to get it.

lucifer did not want power, he simply disagreed with God's ways...and like I said before, if you were to read the first testament you would understand why. the first testament is essentially a book to scare religion into you...Lucifer like all rebels who lose the battle for their cause is thought of as a bad one.

Signature Image

Is the devil evil? wtf!!! Well yeah! I know sainten got thrown out of heaven but don't you think there would have been a good reason why he got thrown out? But you know that's what I think. No offence to anyone.

I really dont know. I suppose everyone, even God has a darker side. Dand light cannot exist together without one another....

Quote by FallenAngelDreamsI really dont know. I suppose everyone, even God has a darker side. Dand light cannot exist together without one another....

Humm.... I wonder if God ever did have a bad side. Maybe bad days but a bad side...

Quote by AlishaIs the devil evil? wtf!!! Well yeah! I know sainten got thrown out of
heaven but don't you think there would have been a good reason why he
got thrown out?

lol, thats an interesting question...a question I could duplicate and triple and god knows how many times I could ask you for a good reason for numerous things that have happened in the world. According to the bible the fact that he gathered a few angels and went against god was good enough to throw him into the firey pits of hell, but was there a good reason to rebel against god?

Signature Image

Quote by Alisha

Quote by FallenAngelDreamsI really dont know. I suppose everyone, even God has a darker side. Dand light cannot exist together without one another....

Humm.... I wonder if God ever did have a bad side. Maybe bad days but a bad side...

I mean no one can live without some darkness in them. There is no such thing as harmony, there is always going to be something at war with something else.

Quote by AlishaIs the devil evil? wtf!!! Well yeah! I know sainten got thrown out of
got thrown out? But you know that's what I think. No offence to anyone.

^_^ no one will get offended in this thread, everyone is welcome to give its opinion, as long as it doesn't assume an agressive position

Quote by FallenAngelDreams

Quote by Alisha

Quote by FallenAngelDreamsI really dont know. I suppose
everyone, even God has a darker side. Dand light cannot exist together
without one another....

Humm.... I wonder if God ever did have a bad side. Maybe bad days but a
bad side...

I mean no one can live without some darkness in them. There is no such
thing as harmony, there is always going to be something at war with
something else.

isn't God supposed to be the supreme perfect being, the all powerful and forgiving one? then there can't be any darkness in him...but theres numerous literary works which say other wise including the original bible. The new testament is bullshit..its a book full of religious propaganda, the old testament is the real deal...nothing but the truth. If god told a father to kill his son and he did...its in that book. ;)

Signature Image

Quote by SharinganKnight

got thrown out?

lol, thats an interesting question...a question I could duplicate and triple and god knows how many times I could ask you for a good reason for numerous things that have happened in the world. According to the bible the fact that he gathered a few angels and went against god was good enough to throw him into the firey pits of hell, but was there a good reason to rebel against god?

Good point. In the Jewish religin the devil just didn't want to listen to God anymore. Because God had used saiten as a messagener and I guess he just didn't want to be that anymore. But you know I'm not Jewish so what do I know...

Quote by FallenAngelDreamsI mean no one can live without some darkness in them. There is no such thing as harmony, there is always going to be something at war with something else.

*thinks* Well yeah. I mean there was a war between God and saiten. Right?

Quote by SharinganKnight

Quote by FallenAngelDreamsI mean no one can live without some darkness in them. There is no such
thing as harmony, there is always going to be something at war with
something else.

isn't God supposed to be the supreme perfect being, the all powerful and forgiving one? then there can't be any darkness in him...but theres numerous literary works which say other wise including the original bible. The new testament is bullshit..its a book full of religious propaganda, the old testament is the real deal...nothing but the truth. I f god told a father to kill his son and he did...its in that book.

Yes, but I wouldn't be able to believe that anyone can be completely pure. I also think the new teatament is bull. The new testament currupted the truths of the bible, hiding from us many things..... WoW, I sound like I'm 50 and I'm only 13....

Quote by SharinganKnight

Quote by AlishaIs the devil evil? wtf!!! Well yeah! I know sainten got
thrown out of
got thrown out?

lol, thats an interesting question...a question I could duplicate and
triple and god knows how many times I could ask you for a good reason
for numerous things that have happened in the world. According to the
bible the fact that he gathered a few angels and went against god was
good enough to throw him into the firey pits of hell, but was there a
good reason to rebel against god?

maybe a he planing something like a ... hoe do U say this... "un golpe de estado"? (remove the president fron its duty and install a militar goverment

Quote by Alisha
*thinks* Well yeah. I mean there was a war between God and saiten.
Right?

this is why the bible contradicts itself...if god is the all forgiving and powerful why not just forgive Satan...rather than send him to hell. Oh and the comment about war always existing..according to the bible if Eve hadn't eaten the forbidden fruit...humanity would be perfect ;)

Quote:
maybe a he planing something like a ... hoe do U say this... "un golpe de estado"? (remove the president fron its duty and install a militar goverment

that doesn't answer my question, which is why would he want to remove God from power?

Signature Image

Quote by SharinganKnight

Quote by Alisha
Right?

this is why the bible contradicts itself...if god is the
all forgiving and powerful why not just forgive Satan...rather than
send him to hell. Oh and the comment about war always
existing..according to the bible if Eve hadn't eaten the forbidden
fruit...humanity would be perfect ;)

U think he did knowing adan or eve woud eat it?? after all... he is suposed to be the only perfect being (all forgiving and stuff), maybe the same motivation that had for saitan?

Quote by SharinganKnight

Quote by Alisha*thinks* Well yeah. I mean there was a war between God and saiten.
Right?

this is why the bible contradicts itself...if god is the all forgiving and powerful why not just forgive Satan...rather than send him to hell. Oh and the comment about war always existing..according to the bible if Eve hadn't eaten the forbidden fruit...humanity would be perfect ;)

Well maybe God's just mad at saiten? I mean who hasn't had one of those days? And maybe it's because God's suppost to be right and when saiten opposed him he was doing the wrong thing...

I don't know!

Quote by SharinganKnight that doesn't answer my question, which is why would he want to remove God from power?

Maybe because saiten thought that God's way wasn't always right.

Quote by SaschaC

Quote by SharinganKnight

Quote by Alisha
Right?

True but I only see that as a folk tale.... and that is the same story as Pandora's box, because believe it or not, all religions are conected in some sort.

Quote by Alisha

Quote by SharinganKnight

Quote by Alisha*thinks* Well yeah. I mean there
was a war between God and saiten.
Right?

Well maybe God's just mad at saiten? I mean who hasn't had one of those
days?

God shouldn't...after all he is god..;)

Quote by Alisha

Quote by SharinganKnight that doesn't answer my question, which is why
would he want to remove God from power?

Maybe because saiten thought that God's way wasn't always right.

thats exactly my point lol

Quote:
True but I only see that as a folk tale.... and that is the same story as Pandora's box, because believe it or not, all religions are conected in some sort.

Pandora's Box is mythology...not religion ;)

Signature Image

Quote by SharinganKnightGod shouldn't...after all he is god..;)

Well yeah but saiten was one of the higher angels. Right? So I guess God can be mad at him...

Quote by SharinganKnight thats exactly my point lol

So I guess saiten must have been one of the angels thinking outside the box?

Kanna

Kanna

Hace mucho que no toy.

yo pienso que el demonio es sociopata...pero eso pienso yo que soy atea...alla ustedes los cristianos.

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

Quote by SharinganKnightisn't God supposed to be the supreme perfect
being, the all powerful and forgiving one?

If God is all powerful then would He be able to create a stone that is so heavy that he cannot lift it? If He can than He is not all powerful and if He cannot than he is not all powerful...

Signature Image

Quote by joycev

Quote by SharinganKnightisn't God supposed to be the supreme perfect
being, the all powerful and forgiving one?

If God is all powerful then would He be able to create a stone that is
so heavy that he cannot lift it? If He can than He is not all powerful
and if He cannot than he is not all powerful...

so then there's no god? ;)

Signature Image

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

Lucifer thought that since angels were created to be "perfect", and should be in charge.
He got like a third of the angels to agree with him, and started a huge war.
Of course, they were banished to what we now call "Hell".

Evil? If that means opposition to God, then yes.
Bad? Or just misunderstood?

Signature Image
music of the spiritually dead; the eternally restless.

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 140 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.