Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Left behind... - Minitokyo

Left behind...

page 1 of 1 14 total items

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Are there any youger siblings here who've "lost" their older siblings to the world of dating? When my brothers started dating girls, they stopped having time for me...and that made me really sad. Well, that was years ago, and now they're both in college, and one is married. But I always feel like the odd-one-out when I'm visiting them, because it's all couples but me...not that they're exclusive, but it's still weird. And yes, I know that dating is a part of life...but does it have to take away any personal time I may have with them?

Anyway, are there any other people out there who feel similar at all? Are you happy, sad, apathetic, etc. about them being "taken away" by this? Or are there any older siblings who have done that to their younger brothers or sisters whether, by accident or not?

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

for me.....i stay by myself....my parents dont come home....they work from 7 am to 3am every day ....dont see them at all......only 5 minutes which is at 6.55 before i go to school....well thats it...my bro.....he doesnt spend much time with me....friends are more important and he hangs out all the time so basicly he's out of the picture as well... u are lucky that you got siblings or family who are communicating with you ~_~ i've pretty much live my own basicly......haha theres more but i dont wanna talk bout it :'(

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

*sigh* even though I'm not happy with you, I can't help but think that your home life must suck...I'm sorry that you have to go through that, diamarrr. if there is more you wanna talk about sometime, you can PM me and we can actually have a serious talk. after all, a friend needs to be there for another friend, no matter what, right? and since I consider myself your friend...if you need to talk, PM me.

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

ssraid

ssraid

~shinigami~

When my sister first started dating she left me in the dust. When she got around the age of 17 or so she was never home..... It went from her bing home and us hanging us to nothing. I missed her tons. I always hated the guys she dated. I never felt like they were good enough for her. I guess thats a brothers job to protect there sister well in my opinion at lest. well time passed and all her relationships have failed, but now she has a kid and moved back home so I see way to much of her. Now I think she needs a boyfriend, but for some reason not to many men go for women with kids. I wonder why what is?

The one who dies with the most anime wins. Signature Image
Member of ecchi-club ::kittycats =(^_^)= ::
make-a-friend :: mt-singles-club::
sleep-whats-that :: pyromaniacs-of-mt
Yuri-lovers

Lend your support and help save a dying Anime Board.

you people doesn't know what i means to be alone. i am living in the middle of sweden. you doesen't knoe how deep a swedish forest can be and there are not a lot of people living in the forest. I share my home with my mother and there are a long long way to the next house. so doesn't complaine that you are lonley.
and diamarrr you are complaining that your parants doesn't spend time with you. you have both of your parants under the same roof so be happy!!!!

Nakayori

Nakayori

:: Rawr ::

Quote by ssraidwell time passed and all her relationships have
failed, but now she has a kid and moved back home so I see way to much
of her. Now I think she needs a boyfriend, but for some reason not to
many men go for women with kids.

I know how you feel. Same exact thing with my sister, except she has two kids, still boycrazy over her first ex-boyfriend, and she doesn't do anything but gossip over the phone. And since she's still immature, I end up having to watch her kids. And she wonders why I complain.. (Not that it's any use, because she's allllwaaaays right, and everyone else is allllwaaays wrong.)

Anyway, back to topic. You're feeling left out? Atleast you still see your brothers. You should feel happy for them, they're actually getting lives and not living like bums. <__<;; There's no need to feel left out, you shouldn't rush things. You'll be in a relationship when you're ready. Just feel happy for your brothers, happy that they're making the best out of their lives. ^^;; You can't be pestering them every day of your life, ya' know. =P

As for me, I'm actually happy for my brother's relationships. Mention I said brother's. I just plain hate everything about my oldest sister, and my other sister hasn't had a boyfriend yet. But ya' know, his dating relationships doesn't really make a difference in how much I see him, because my brother is in college in some other city. <<;; I never get to see him much anyway. The only thing that goes through my mind when my siblings are dating is, "Ewww... cooties."

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

well I think most parents want to give their kids the best growing environment, so they work a lot, that means a sort of nelegcting their kids. I have been alone most of my teen life since I don't see my parents at all because they always away in another place because of business trip. I accepted it, because I know they love me, so my teen days wasn't as bad as it should be. I don't have any siblings, and I couldn't make any friends since I change schools almost at will due to my parents' jobs. I got use to it, right now in the present stage of my life I feel less incline to have my parents in my life, because I am an adult now, it is very pitiful if they are still the ones that make decision for me. I had a lot of arguments with them, which something we never did when I was a teen. I guess time and perspective changes, and my parents still need to recognize their little boy is a man now. Hope they do that soon.

As for the dating part, I have way too many failure in that department to even want to talk about it here, since your question didn't apply to me Kel, I just answer my own. :D

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

don't really remember, i'm dating, and don't have any smaller brothers

Kumiko-H

Kumiko-H

Professional reader

Hey Clampchic. I know what you are going through. My older sister is married and my younger sister is on her way down the isle. I don't even really have any male friends besides co-workers and those here on MT. Anyway, I know how that loneliness can make you feel. But I am happy that they are happy and eventually I will be in a relationship...I hope. But me and my sisters make sure we spend time with each other. So I don't have that much of a hard time dealing with it. This lonely time could be an opportunity for you to really get to know yourself. Find hobbies, start a project you've been thinking about. Just try to do something to keep your mind of the loneliness. That makes it easier.

Signature
All I want to do is read all day long. Can someone tell me how I can get a job like that! LET'S LEAD THE PROFESSIONAL READERS REVOLUTION!!! Any takers???

Anjeile

Anjeile

Dancing In The Storm

i'm the oldest of my siblings, and i've never dated yet so far, and i dun think i wanna be in a relationship. i'm happy as i am. and even if i am in a relationship, i won't abandon my family cuz i love them very much. they're very dear to me and i wouldn't wanna leave them for anything in the world. not even for a bf. XD

Signature

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Well im the oldest child in my family, out of two. If i ever got a girlfreind i dont think i'd stop talking to my sis, i'd allways try to keep in contact. Although i think my sis would just like it better if i left her alone. Anyway, people change all the time and theres usually nothing you can do about it but move on.

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

Hmm, my brother hasn't quite got into dating, not quite sure why, maybe because there isn't really a girl he likes yet. But I guess if he did start to go girl-crazy, I'd be a bit lonely cause I probably talk to him more than anyone else.

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

Hey, CLAMPchic. I see what you mean. I don't have any older siblings...and so have never experienced what you have. But I know how you feel. I have twin brothers who were born a few years ago. From then on, my parents have been giving my bros their full attention. It makes me feel kinda left out. So I guess it's quite similar to what you're facing. Hey, I'm always here if you wanna talk. ^_^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

aeiifreakazoid123

aeiifreakazoid123

Obey the 10-year-old teacher!

Um, ya I've never really had that experience before because I'm the oldest (Haha), but my cousin's sister is married and his brother is dating someone. I don't know how he feels but last time I seen him, his brother had his girlfriend with him and they came over here to go to Islands of Adventures. His brother seemed to be spending some real quality time with his girlfriend cause I never even had a chance to talk to him. I kinda felt that he should at least put off some time for family but he barely did. I know how you feel. I don't know why but it seems that whenever someone has a bf or gf all they want to do is spend quality time with that person. Maybe after a while your brothers will put off some time for you, or maybe you'll get someone too and you won't be left out. Who knows what may happen in the end. I don't want to ramble on but if you want to know more you can ask me, cause I'm gonna stop. ^_^'

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.