Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Pop or soda? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Ok, i'm really curious about this. Which term is used more often? I've always just said pop. but then talking to other people who say soda...its just very interesting to see what is used more often. Is one term considered more out of date? I'm really not sure, but i've always just said pop, i guess i thought soda was more out of date, but i've heard people say that pop was instead...so..what do you prefer? Sorry about this pointless thread, but i am actually intersted to know...^_^

Edit: Yeah, i'm dumb *slaps face* i messed up the poll. just post what term you use the most..sorry about this!

Signature

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I guess I use 'soda' more often, but I generally call it by the name of the brand ^^ .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

I use soda. Pop's not a thing I say. Oh and in your poll there wasn't a soda so I chose both.

YoKoBaNdiT

YoKoBaNdiT

waurenai yo

XD coke!!!!!! i say cola!! coke!!! me...patato...u..potato...eh...sounds the same hhaha ^_^' i say soda, and coke :)

'Signature Image'

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Soda is more commonly used in New York than it is where you are at.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Holt

Holt

pffft

I'd probably say soda too but I normally call soft drinks by their brand anyways.
PS don't worry about the poll. I made the same mistake with my sony thread XD

Signature Image

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

well... i'm French speaking, so, in my case, this thread applies only to a certain extent... like aa-chan, we usually call it by the name of the brand...

here i don't think i ever heard pop... i did hear soda though, but mostly for cream soda... and sometimes 7-up... we use coke too, for dark soft drinks... but i personally use it only when i'm stuck in a place where they have no pepsi... coz' i don't especially like coca-cola... :(

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

yea...I'd say I use soda a lot more than pop. Pop seems kinda old fashion to me...lol but sometimes my mom uses pop haha

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Jheiracks

Jheiracks

absently lost in creation

soda, that or call the drink by its name.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I've called it pop my whole life. I dunno why, I guess its just that my parents called it pop and I grew up with it, so that's what I call it too. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Soda, just cause everyone else here calls it soda.

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

Soda for the coast and pop for the midwest. I am pretty sure mountain says soda aswell and the south calls it cola but thats not always true.

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

I go with the brand name, I don't ever hearing Pop being use around my area, just whether you want a coke or a 7up. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Quote by cokedupmonkey1Soda for the coast and pop for the midwest. I am pretty sure mountain
says soda aswell and the south calls it cola but thats not always true.

Thats interesting.. my friend form canada also calls it Pop... I wonder if people would think im weird if i went to the midwest calling it soda. If i saw someone here calling it pop, it'd be pretty strange.

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Quote by AlishaI use soda. Pop's not a thing I say. Oh and in your poll there wasn't a soda so I chose both.

yeah, I only the word "soda". Saying pop is not meh thing either.

Signature Image

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by cokedupmonkey1Soda for the coast and pop for the midwest. I am pretty sure mountain says soda aswell and the south calls it cola but thats not always true.

well, i am from the midwest...so maybe thats why...^_^'

Signature

i just call it sodapop and be done with it. best of both worlds, and all that good stuff.

If I had a dollar for every time I had a dollar, I'd have all the dollars.

beb3xchange

K-Otic

I usually say the drink's name, but I never really said Pop

life isn't simple; deal with it

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

hmmm, neither ... I call them softdrinks, call me weird >_> lol ..
that or pop, sometimes, soda is never heard around here, at all.

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

Quote by Aa-chanI guess I use 'soda' more often, but I generally call it by the name of the brand ^^ .

same here.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

I like both

redtiger

I turn into a bunny rabbit at 6!

sodaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love soda.(and beer.....root beer.)

"go in to the darness in your heart."

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

ummmmm.... I've never used the words "soda" or "pop"... I either say soft drink or the brand name of the drink.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

YoKoBaNdiT

YoKoBaNdiT

waurenai yo

hmmm very interesting sodapop...

'Signature Image'

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.