Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Help on repainting stock photos - Minitokyo

Help on repainting stock photos

page 1 of 1 4 total items

ever-ruler

ever-ruler

..: winter air :..

I've noticed that a lot of really good wallpapers uses stock images. And I, being new to wallpaper making, need help with repainting stock images so it looks "cartoon-ish". I tried using adjustments, and painting with the mode set to color. But it still looks too realistic. Can anybody give me tips or advice on recoloring stock images? Thanks in advance!

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

In Photoshop, just go under the Filter menu, highlight Noise, then select Median. Adjust the setting accordingly.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

there are different ways to recolour a stock, you can decide to go for the cheap and quick way and get some not so decent result (still not bad tho) or go for longer and time-consuming ones... one is the one mel mentioned, an other is to use smart blur on the stock since it flats the colours and details.

If you like hard things you can re-cg it by retracing the borders and outlines and then recolouring every area with the brush, or you can vector the stock and then add some depth with burn/dodge tools in the areas you feel depth is needed.

ever-ruler

ever-ruler

..: winter air :..

Thanks everybody, for your advice! I'll try my best from now on when I'm making wallpapers with stock images.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.