Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What anime would you recommend to watch - Minitokyo

What anime would you recommend to watch

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Looking for a good anime to watch. What would you guys/gals recommend? Any genre is good. (anything but naruto, full metal alchemist, and inu yasha I am currently watching those)

Ano...this might get a few more replies if you tried re-posting it in the anime/manga forum. But anyways, it depends on what type of stuff you like! If you don't like Naruto though, it makes it a little harder, since that series has everything! (Action, adventure, suspense, romance...)

Well, everything but mechas. If you like giants robots, then try Escaflowne or Evangelion. Those are well known and liked, and they're great series' for anyone above 10. Ages below that tend to not get the plot. ^_^' Oh, along that line, Gundam Seed would be an awesome one to try too!

Um, good romance/adventure series' would be Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no ceres (they're by the same artist). Ceres is a little more serious though.

If you're a completely abstract person who likes series' that make you think, then Evangelion or Lain are definitely for you. *Scratches head* I've watched all 13 ep. of Lain, and I still can't tell anyone what happened. It's awesome for discussions though. And if you like Eva, you'll like Raxhephon too- they're kinda similar.

Hm...oh, Rurouni Kenshin is a great series for everyone! It's seriously has everything but Mechas: Romance, lots of action, adventure, swords, guns, morals, sidekicks, humour...the list goes on.

If you're a car person, an awesome series is Initial D. Actually, even if you're not a car person, it's a good series to watch. I didn't know anything about cars when I started, and I'm currently an avid fan. They explain everything anyways. But one warning, it's the worst series for cliffhangers. I think there's a whole of 2 episodes in the first stage that don't end with you on the edge of your seat. -_-

Wow...I babbled. Sorry! I hope this helps though.

Thanks for the reply. It's not that I don't like Naruto or any of the other animes I mentioned, it's just that I am currently watching that one and don't want people to recommend that one. I watched Ayashi no Ceres and I got to admit, it was a pretty good anime. Robots are always good too. I have all of Kenshin but too lazy to watch it.

Thanks again

Valcrion

Valcrion

manga otaku

hehe....you already said "no FMA"....why is that? I think FMA is the BEST anime I've ever seen! The plot has so many twists and turns and it sucks you in. Also, the animation is quite nice. ^_^

Anyways, if you like good animation, I'm starting "air" and it has crazy nice animations; waaayy better than Naruto's.

I also recommend Bleach if you liked Naruto. ^_^

I agree with Valcrion, if you liked Naruto, Bleach is good to watch (it's even better than Naruto in my opinion :D ). There's also
- Fruits Basket
- FMP (I recommend watching FMP fumoffu - SO funny)
- Saiyuki
- Yakitate Japan
- Chobits

If you want more guidance head over to www.animenfo.com - they offer plot sypnosises (sp?) and also they have a Top 100 Anime list :D Hope that helps.

"Life is not about the number of breaths you take in a moment, rather the number of moments that take your breath away."

Kyo26

Kyo26

Miuseiki

hmm...watch
Action: Bleach, Shaman King, Project Arms
Love, Comedy + Action: Maburaho, Love Hina, Negima
Love: Midori No Hibi
Comedy+Action: One Pieace
Comedy: 2x2 Shinobuden
Meachas: Evangelion, Esca Flowne, Macross

Signature

Bleach of course, it is a very interesting anime, go now :D

Signature

For a different recommendation scale...

Anime that's safe for the whole family - A Little Snow Fairy SUGAR
Little kids will probably not get all the jokes - Azumanga Daioh
Occasionally scary bits; youngsters beware - Figure 17
Scary and violent - Devil(man) Lady
Ultra-violent - Um, dunno; I don't watch those myself...
Adults Only - Nah; better to just experiment here, heightens the surprise... :-D

Yup, Ceres is a brilliant one to watch....
Others that I've personally seen and rate extremely highly are:
Fruits Basket, Fushigi Yuugi, Knight Hunters, Knight Hunters Eternity, Princess Nine, Saiyuki (Gensomaden), Samurai Deeper Kyo, Escaflowne & X (TV series)

Other good ones that I've watched and rate just below those listed above but which are still excellent in themselves are:
Chobits, Full Metal Panic!, Generator Gawl, Gunparade March, Happy Lesson, His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano), Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Rurouni Kenshin, Scryed, Vandread (TV) & Vandread: The Second Stage(TV)
It all depends on what sort of thing u like.....

randomspace

randomspace

Why are you here anyway?

Ranma 1/2

best freaking Anime ever....

oh now that i think about it...

Watch Samurai 7 and Samurai Champloo

VERY GOOD also Cowboy Bebop is going to be a classic(just no old enough yet to be called that) if you liked bebop you like champloo or vice versa.

and trigun.

If you like more romantic comedies
Love hina is a fan favorite, but i like Ah My Goddess/ Ah My Goddess
Onegai Teacher and Chobits more...

there is so much anime...

Some older stuff, like Ranma and Great Teacher Onizuka are really good.

If you like a bit of realism...you may want to try out Beck, Beserek is more bloody and insane...From what i hear...i'm not watching that...

there is alot to pick from, hopefully we all can help.

Signature
"life is like an analogy"

Unoffically, but nearly verified, tallest person you'll ever meet. (on MT)

If you stare long enough, it will wink at you. (especially if you go crazy because your staring so long)

Twelve Kingdoms is one of those amazing shows that everyone who has seen it has liked, but for some reason it isn't vastly known.

One Piece is a popular title in the world of shounen (Naruto, Bleach, FMA) anime.

Since you liked Ceres, try Fushigi Yuugi. Also by Yuu Watase.

Berserk is great. Just ignore the first episode. The series is quite violent but the storyline is one hell of a whirlwind, very gripping. Great characters, too.

Kodomo No Omocha is a shoujo series with excellent, often totally insane (but graspable) humour. Also has a very enjoyable story, one of my favorites.

Thienan

Thienan

Mad Suiken User

milkboy, you're in the exact same situation as me. I was just thinking of posting something like this too... ^^
@Valcrion yea FMA is the best anime ever! "Air" huh... I've always liked good animation... I'll look into it.
Also... if you don't like super major chick flick sappy shows I wouldn't recoommend Fushigi Yuugi.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.