Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are you nervous or afraid of talking in front of the crowd? - Minitokyo

Are you nervous or afraid of talking in front of the crowd?

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 172 total items

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

Definitely. My hands shake if I'm holding something, I tend to stumble on my words and talk fast. But eventually I get more comfortable and just go.

Signature Image

danslasher

danslasher

ecchi fan

at start, i do feel the same as most members here. here's my suggestion: try to imagine you're the most powerful person on earth and the crowd are just a commoner. or try to imagine you're trace or zechs on gundam wing series deliver a speech to their world.

00100 00001 01110 10011 01000 00001 10011 01000 00101 10010

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

oh yes, i get very nervous when i have to speak in front of my class or a crowd. so i try to prepare outlines and notes for my speech or presentation...and i have to constantly remind myself to calm down because i can feel my heart racing, and i also have to tell myself to slow down when i talk. i also try to focus my eyes towards the back of the room and then when i get more comfortable i'll make eye contact with everyone. it just takes me awhile to warm up to the audience and to loosen up.

Quote by fireflywishesyes! unless i have lots of time to memorize/prepare i start to shake... i hate public speaking... kinda bad since i wanna be a teacher, eh? ^_^'

omigosh...i'm glad i'm not the only who feels like that who wants to be a teacher! i'm always so worried that my future students will see how nervous i am and will eat me up alive...especially since i'm studying to be a high school teacher... XD

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

tsokolate

The Delirium Trigger

Nope, I'm not...

I'm not going to die if I face a big crowd... I like it even!

When in the stage, their attention is yours... That makes me happy...

:D

I like pleasure spiked w/pain
Music is my aeroplane
It's my aeroplane
Songbird sweet and sour Jane
Music is my aeroplane
It's my aeroplane

I am, I hate it.. no one would get me on a stage, only done it twice and never again. Horrible days taking on the role of Jacob Marley in the christmas carol. T_T!!

asta

asta

I'll wait Forever...

I'm sometimes nervous when i talk infront of the crowd but sometimes not ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Afraid... not really... I'm too arrogant to shy down from presentations.... maybe that's my problem....

Anyways, it's always about confidence in yourself (in my case, over-confidence).

Here's my tips:
1. Be proud of what you're doing.
2. Feel as you are the most powerful person in the room.
3. Be cool, have a mint.

Signature

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Kind of. I just blank out and say everything like a robot. But i'm normally not nervous before, my hands usually start shaking afterwards, when I're realised that it's over. lol.

Brownie the Cat

oh, i alwaaaaayysss nerveous when i have to talk in front of crowd.....
when i was talking, i always misspell the words!!
oh nooooooooo.....

Dufoe88

Dufoe88

Dressed to kill! BLAH!!..

hehe.. well.. sumtimes yes sumtimes no.. but once i went in school and talk with all of the students.. cuz i took a high grades.. before i went and talk i was um.. wanna go to the bathroom, i've been waiting like for 2 hours..
then they said my name so i was like noooooooooooooooooooooo >_< i went to the stage and i was like ^_^' i said thanks for claping but i need to go to the bathroom weeeee....
since that day i wont speak in public :P

My last work "The Art Of Dufoe "

NeverEnd

NeverEnd

~+The Ice Prince+~

legs alittle tremble when talking infront of crowd and will intend to move alot,but nothing goes wrong with my speech...

Signature Image
"Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed."
Founder: Jigoku-Tsushin-MT,The-Dark-Angel-Suigintou,MT-Lucky-Star,Rosario-Vampire

Yes I get nervous, but I have been becoming less so over the years.
It is alot easier when you have a script, speech, etc.
It is starting a normal conversation I have a harder time with.

SealedSorrow

SealedSorrow

Happiness

Who doesnt get nervous speaking in front of a crowd of people? It is really hard because if you say something embarrassing or if they don't like it or something else... its really hard to get over that moment... I myself has problems like that...

Wont you let me see what Real Happiness Trully is...
Because if this is Happiness then I want more...
I know its selfish...
But have you ever felt so much Pain...
When will you understand that the why sun dont shine through my window...
And when will you understand that I am not really what I seem...
And When will you understand I been Wishing for you to be Happy Forever...

yeah I get nervous in front of a crowd when I have to speak tp them ^_^' ^_^'

Signature

Ah yes for some reason i have problems =D I get really nervous when i'm supposed to speak in front of a crowd but it doesn't bother me to talk any other time it only is when everyone's like staring at me listening to my every word. I get nervous and feel like everyone is judging me.

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

Yes, I'm really scared of talking in front of crowds but when I start talking, my nervousness would go away. It always end up with me not wanting to get off the spotlight. ^^;;

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

Yes, I am...even in front of people i've known for ten years of my life. -_-;; I end up talking too fast, my hands get all sweaty, and my breathing is rapid. When i did my play yesteryday, my voice didn't project loud enough so people could barely hear me...Talk about your case of stage fright...

Signature
Kira: I understand...I understand what you've said...but...But, Cagalli is crying right now! She never wanted this to happen and now she's crying! Why can't you realize that?! But yet, this battle, these victims, you say it couldn't be helped?! You're saying that it's all ORB and Cagalli's fault?! After saying all that, you're still going to shoot them?! The thing Cagalli is trying to protect?!
Athrun: Kira...
Kira: Then I'll have to...SHOOT YOU DOWN!
[PHASE 28]
What's more important: Protecting something that you're ordered to protect or protecting something precious to someone you love?

I definitely get butterfly in my stomach whenever I have to speak in public. My most memorable one was when I went to Japan with the chairman of anime convention in the early 90's. The anime company where we visited was having end of year party and invited both of us. We went and were introduced by the president to the crowd present. The president then turn to the chairman and asked him to give speech. I expected that my job would be to interpret and he turns to me and said, "Andy, you give the speech" then turned his face back to the crowd. I almost fainted when he said that.

End result, I ended up giving speech in Japanese and frankly I don't remember what I said because everything I said had to be composed on the spur of moment. I wouldn't be surprised if it was rambling gaijin talking nonsense Japanese to anyone who heard my speech. OX

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

Ah, for me it's tough to get in front of the class and talk. I actually have a presentation due like next week and my group has to talk for like 30 min. Yea, I just hope I do well enough on it to get a decent grade..

Hm, how I seemed to deal with my past presentation..I usually talk really fast or I get words all jumbled up, I hate it when that happens. The time I feel relaxed enough to talk in front of the class is when I'm up there with a person or group, then I feel like everyone's not all looking at me when I speak.

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

kotoko

kotoko

~revived from the dead~

ahhhhhhhhh i can't stand talking in front of a crowd.... so... so... eek... i'm scared of those hideous eyes that stare at you... *shivers* especially when you're doing a presentation and they just stare at you.... O.O

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Quote by mughiI definitely get butterfly in my stomach whenever I have to speak in public. My most memorable one was when I went to Japan with the chairman of anime convention in the early 90's. The anime company where we visited was having end of year party and invited both of us. We went and were introduced by the president to the crowd present. The president then turn to the chairman and asked him to give speech. I expected that my job would be to interpret and he turns to me and said, "Andy, you give the speech" then turned his face back to the crowd. I almost fainted when he said that.
End result, I ended up giving speech in Japanese and frankly I don't remember what I said because everything I said had to be composed on the spur of moment. I wouldn't be surprised if it was rambling gaijin talking nonsense Japanese to anyone who heard my speech. OX

That was funny, but I bet that you did well and it's really a memorable experience ^_^

Quote by jeanie727Ah, for me it's tough to get in front of the class and talk. I actually have a presentation due like next week and my group has to talk for like 30 min. Yea, I just hope I do well enough on it to get a decent grade..
Hm, how I seemed to deal with my past presentation..I usually talk really fast or I get words all jumbled up, I hate it when that happens. The time I feel relaxed enough to talk in front of the class is when I'm up there with a person or group, then I feel like everyone's not all looking at me when I speak.

*nods* I kind of having the same issue like you, always talk fast and hope that the presentation will soon be over. But I still did good on all my presentation, I guess I was lucky ^_^ By the way, good luck on your presentation next week.

Quote by TzierAh yes for some reason i have problems =D I get really nervous when i'm supposed to speak in front of a crowd but it doesn't bother me to talk any other time it only is when everyone's like staring at me listening to my every word. I get nervous and feel like everyone is judging me.

Yeah yeah, I don't have problem talking with other people, I'm a quiet type but when I talk to someone even a stranger, I don't feel nervous at all. The nervous thing just happens when I have to do the presentation ^_^

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

I really used to be afraid of small crowds more than large crowds. With large crowds, the speech is impersonal and I can go through it smoothly. With a small crowd I always felt I was being watched more closely, and the speech had to be much more personal. I never had a problem talking to my senior class in the gym but reciting that oral paper in my english class had me shaking!

helmet02

Helmet Rule

i am comfortable talking in front of a crowd when it's relaxed and isn't important. i get nervous when it's for a report or a really serious matter

Whatever helmet says is true so believe it or else... nothing happens. so obey foolish mortals!!

butterflikysses

butterflikysses

~Diamond Dust Drops~

yeah deff specially when i'm doing a speech, but if i'm reading one of my poems then no

number one fear among humans if public speaking

Signature Image

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 172 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.