Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are you nervous or afraid of talking in front of the crowd? - Minitokyo

Are you nervous or afraid of talking in front of the crowd?

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 172 total items

redblitzkrieg

redblitzkrieg

Greatness, at any cost

Of course not.. im used to it...

Being shy or nervous is not an option in the nature of my work.
I need to present my thoughts clearly so that non-technical audience will understand what im trying to point out.

Just know what ur doin/saying and avoid being static during ur presentation, try to move to every four sides of the room..

â??Eye of twilight, give us sight.
Take our offer, give us might.
Make our power tears of night.â??

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Quote by redblitzkriegOf course not.. im used to it...
Being shy or nervous is not an option in the nature of my work.
I need to present my thoughts clearly so that non-technical audience will understand what im trying to point out.
Just know what ur doin/saying and avoid being static during ur presentation, try to move to every four sides of the room..

Well good for you, many people have the kind of nervousness when they have to do the presentation, even before they organized their thoughts carefully and practiced it over and over again in front of some friends. I did so but when it came to a real presentation in front of strangers, I got all stress out again :(

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

I am seriously deathly afraid of talking in front of people especially in school. I really hate having to do presentations in front of a class. I'm usually the guy that sits quietly in the back.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

ShinigamiPage

ShinigamiPage

Background Noise

Sometimes i'm fine but at if it's something pretty important I can get really nervous. I'm not really a good communicator either. ^^;

"I'm nobody suspicious.... That makes me sound even more suspicious, doesn't it?"

TurtleEmperor

TurtleEmperor

full-time slacker

nervous or afraid? I'll be totally terrifiied >_< I can't stand dozen sets of eyes staring at me. The sight of it makes my bones jelly......

Signature Image
thank May-sama for the siggy ^_^

Am I personally afraid of the number one fear? A fear that outranks FEAR OF DEATH? Yes, completely. The accusing eyes of the cynical public certainly don't make me comfortable when I'm on stage.

Signature Image

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

I've talked in front of ao many, so no, never have been and probably never will be. :)

Why do you kill the joy of death?

definitely.....im too shy to speak in front of the crowd....

I never used to have stage fright, but now for a strange reason, I'm not as easy with talking on a stage. 0.o Lols. Grown shyer I guess.

- This Free Life Crisis -

Kiumaru

Kiumaru

{Mangaholic}

I am not really good at talking in front of large groups of people... It sends a chill down my spine when I do because I fear of messing up.

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Aren't everyone of us scared of talking in front of a large group of people? It is nature to be afraid, and I still do. But I am getting better at it.

Signature

geninlv1

geninlv1

untamed

Yes! I have trouble breathing, I studder, my heart pounds... I become a wreck when going to and while speaking in front of a large crowd. I make it a habit, though, to keep an extra sheet of paper with me that has these words in bold print: "slow down, don't panic.". I find that helps out a lot!

Yeah, I'm petrified of talking in front of crowds.I guess it's because I care to much about what other people think of me.I need to get over that...

Being someone uncomfortable in front of a large crowd is typical human nature. If you can say truthfully that you feel nothing when addressing a large crowd, then you've only denied your emotion as a human being.

Sort of, just done a professional presentation to the class in uni, and it was very nerve-racking,

I think using gestures while talking to a big crowd really helps to get rid of my nervousness

Signature Image

Groups.....::Minitokyo-Australia::. .::Chibi-Fest::. .::KpopFans::.

- from patients comes perfection, although patients has it's limits -

DakX

DakX

Inactivity strikes again

I am only nervous when i have to say a certen text. When people start asking me question later on while i am still in front its not really scarry.

Please excuse but my english isn't very wel but I am still learning.

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

i used to, but thanks to my college political party(of which i became the secretary-general), they trained me hard to get rid of that fear, brought out the confidence within me.. i still feel nervous sometimes but i have learned how to control it..

Meh... I get my jitters, but it doesn't effect the presentation. Once I'm up there, I 'm fine. It's afterwards that the nervousness wave hits me, cause then I start wondering how I did and whatnot.

I've found that when I make eye contact, it puts both me and the person on the spot, and I tend to rush things when that happens. Look at the person's head, and not their eyes, unless you're comfortable with that person. Do a bit of walking around if you could, it'll make you more relaxed and look more natural.

Personally, I love to be casual and joke around a bit. I've pulled this one out during casual and formal presentations, and even with the latter, they were incredibly successful. Being formal has its drawbacks, one of which is it being boring and the audience zoning out. Keeping them involved with an occasional joke or funny comment will help increase their attention span and put both groups at ease.

But this might not apply to everybody, so all in all, just find what puts you at ease and use it.

garnet4david

Tree without Leaf

I have once scared and afraid, but since i have a lot of presentation its become common now, but still most of my friends have problem when talking in front of lot of people

1. LIFE doesn`t need 2 b peRFECT, 2 b WONDERFUL as long as someone REMEBER & CARES. it`s more than enough 2 bEE-HAPI

2. I Am eXiSt to mAkE yOu aN eXiT

3. KOi tO sEki tO wA kAkUsArEnU

Signature Image

RurouniSpritz

RurouniSpritz

Misutard.

Oh, hell yes...
;_;
I'm such a bad talker too...I tend to stutter even infront of my friends x.x
Anyway. Yeah...for our English exams, there's a kind of spoken component, and um...I was actually shaking while giving my li'l presentation xD
Mm...guess I'm just pathetic in that way ._.
And my French aural was really bad too! I mean, I couldn't think of the answers to the stuff the examiner asked me in English let alone French! *sigh*

Could be because I'm not a particularly bubbly and social person, and so I don't get much experience in talking.

Funny though. What is nervousness anyway? x.x

Signature Image
:3

yes because i run my words together alot or i cant pronunciate my words and i dont talk alot either what i do to get over that is not to think about it and just do it

Eh *shudders* most of the time. I have to do lots of presentations. I'm getting used to it but I'm still afraid

hm....even after doing multiple presentations, I still an nervous about it. Its somthing that can't be shrugged off easily. Palms start sweating and voice beings to stutter like mad.

I'm a little kid, I haven't had to speak in front of the crowd yet?
However, I am not scared.

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 172 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.