Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is George W. Bush a good president? - Minitokyo

Is George W. Bush a good president?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

Do you think Bush is a good president?
I think he is terrible as a leader and he has to be blamed for invading other countries which only brings suffering and chaos to them, eg peoples of Iraq. His war on terrorism seems unsuccessful because that Osama is still out there and haven't been capture....stiil a threat to us.
what's next, maybe he will invade another country under the name to bring peace and harmony until he conquers the whole world lol......

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Another one of those pretty somewhat controversial threads - more Bush Bashing, I suppose?
Hmm... well I hope it doesn't go too far. Let's just say this much - is George Bush the perfect man for the job? No. Did he do a good job, being the President that he is. No - I would honestly say that clearly someone could do a far better job than he has done along the way, and that's an obvious point. He's just not using his head quite often.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

I can hear the bell of ranting coming, just hope this thread stay open long enough for a decent discussion. Remember no need to flame anyone before we start, just disagree, no personal attacks.

Well I think Bush is imcompeten in domestic policy, his social security plan is going to bankrupt our system, and his rich tax cut only favor one group, the rich. Couple of hundred dollars to the working class isn't going to move the enconomy, and I don't believe giving the top 5% million dollars of tax break will boost the economy too. Overall I fear for this country's finiance. Think about it, when Clinton left office, we have a surplus, now we are in debt as a nation. Our school funding is cut, and college education is costing more, which exclude more kids from higher education.

As for his war on terrorism, it speaks for itself, the budget that wend to our homeland security isn't excatly spend on our homeland security, it is spend on offical perks, what a disguesting management. I won't go into Iraq war, that is like beating a death horse, not good result from bring that up again, it is being overkill in other threads before this one. Any way that is my opinion, feel free to disagree with me. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

no because he started the war.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Well then...maybe I shouldn't be posting here, but I've never been one to back out of something because of controversy. So here goes.
I actually consider Bush a pretty good president; if you think about it, all of our presidents have had major faults or made major mistakes...he's only human, so we can only expect so much from him. I once heard someone say that people shouldn't be able to critisize him until we've been in his shoes...and I agree one hundred percent. He has to put up with all kinds of pressures that come along with the presidency...stuff we have no understanding or knowledge of. I'm sure he's doing what he thinks is the best option in situations. And as for the whole thing about the war...that's another topic. I hate to think about what may have happened had we not retaiated the way we did...how many more 9/11's do you think we would've had by now? Terrorists hate us as Americans...and since it's a war on terror, I think it appropriate. I understand wanting our men/boys home from war, and that it's been a long time...but I still think that the war was inevitable, so I don't think that should be counted as a fault towards him. Another thing I don't like is how some people (more so the media) seems to focus in on the things they consider wrong, but they "forget" to report anything that he has done well...but I suppose it all depends on your point of view.
And by this post, I wasn't trying to start any kind of argument or offend anyone...sorry if I did so, but it's still my opinion, and I'll stick with it...

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.