Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Who's Better: Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA or Utada Hikaru - Minitokyo

Who's Better: Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA or Utada Hikaru

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 79 total items

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

So the war goes on XD. These four women are the leadinng hit makers in Japan...but which one do you love the most?? I love them all but, if I had to choose, I'd pick Ms Amuro. Her voice is just more sultry and cleaner (plus she's the only one who can pull off rap effectively XD). So who do you like??

::edit::

AIYA!! I forgot to put Namie Amuro in the poll name...originally, It was only suppose to be BoA, Ayu and Hikki but I just rememberd Namie -_-;; sorry guys.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Can't choose which... simply because I'm not an avid fan of either. I have a few songs and CDs from each artists, but all in all I say they are all fine singers. :)

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I think I'd go for Ayumi Hamasaki ^^ .
I do like some of the others, but overall, I think the music shae makes is best. 'Evolution' all the way XD .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

i voted for Utada Hikura, i very love her songs

Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

I voted for all of 'em. Please don't make me choose, its too much pressure. But if you really want to know,here goes!!!

I'll go for BoA simply because she's young, more charismatic, energetic and has a presence all her own. Plus she usually releases hits in Japan and Korea, not to mention China and other foreign countries. She can *Spark up any performance because of her natural grace and beauty.

But pure Jpop cannot be outdone by foreigners. Ayumi Hamasaki is the epitome of Jpop. She symbolizes Japan with her passion for fashion and singing. She writes her own songs that are very touching and emotional at times. She starts off trends and *Inspire young ladies by her creations. She is simply the definition of Jpop.

Signature

Koda Kumi is the best!

Be Free and Masturbate

kumilove

kumilove

Angel of Death with 8 Vectors

Quote by dutchforceKoda Kumi is the best!

ditto! but out of the choices, im going to have to say ayu since i grew up with her music. havent really listened to amuro, BoA is good too and i only liked Hikaru before she made her sleezy english album.

Tsh, what nonsense. BoA is much better than all of them.

SurvivorofHate

Hero of Tommorrow

I don't know they all good in my opinion. But, I prefer Nami Tamaki.

At one time, my heart was full of hatred and sorrow.
I didn't care about anything or anyone that stood in my way.
But when I looked back at the pain and destruction I caused, I finally cried tears of sadness.
Now, I promise myself to start living for something else...

...Something other than hatred.

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

none of the above.

my favorite is Masami Okui. ;)

randomspace

randomspace

Why are you here anyway?

Arai Akino....

but thats me, i know she's not in the poll.
But maybe, just maybe she's to good for the poll?

but if i had to pick between those 4...bah, i haven't been as impressed with them as i did by Akino-sama (I = fanboy)

So yeah, I know BoA's better then the rest, so i pick her...is that unfair?

Signature
"life is like an analogy"

Unoffically, but nearly verified, tallest person you'll ever meet. (on MT)

If you stare long enough, it will wink at you. (especially if you go crazy because your staring so long)

I really like them all, but at the time being, I have to say that I lke BoA alot more.

Signature

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Quote by DREAMnone of the above.

my favorite is Masami Okui. ;)

hey, I'm not the only one to know Masami Okui here!! yay!! (love her too btw...)

my fave above all is Onitsuka Chihiro... but if i have to choose between those four, my pick is Hamasaki Ayumi... BoA is good, but her songs are too mellow for me sometimes, same for Namie Amuro... as for Utada Hikaru, i really like her songs, but not her new American style...

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

I preferably like BoA the best. Her music is quite classy and catchy, and down-right great.

The most influential and perhaps the biggest revolutionary in J-Pop music would be handed to none other than Ayumi Hamasaki. I respect her the most as am artist, though her new looks tends to be quite intriguing, I suppose. She is the name of J-Pop - there's no denying it.

Lyric wise - Utada Hikaru would be the better of the four. Namie Amuro is okay in my opinion. I don't mind her style, but its not one of my calling.

As for those who don't belong in the list, my tribute to Mai Kuraki - whose elegance and grace is still key and fresh even as of today.

I also love Mikuni Shimokawa - some of her music is quite touching - but don't count out other solo singers like Aya Matsuura out of the way. lol - she's in a totally different class of her own. I got to love that Pocky commercial - simply the best. **Nods**

My vote goes to Ayumi on this one.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

YUp.. BoA all the way,.. I listen to all of them (mentioned above) but only BoA's case I like most of her songs..

hard choice, i grew up with lots of Utada
and BoA came as a new and surprising performer
and Ayumi just has some kickass songs
oh well i'll go with Utada since i dont hate any of her songs
and they all have pretty nice melodies

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

utada all the way!! ^^ love her songs =P especially the KH works. cant wait for KH2 XD

Signature

I like boa alot shes good! I vote for her!! ^^..

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

Quote by dutchforceKoda Kumi is the best!

I thought about her only after I had made the quiz :sweat: I do enjoy her music as well...I actually her voice is better than Namie...simply because she has more control. I think she could be better than them all!

Quote by CelessaAs for those who don't belong in the list, my tribute to Mai Kuraki - whose elegance and grace is still key and fresh even as of today.

I love Kuraki Mai as well! I especially love the cover she did with Tak Matsumoto of "Imitation Gold" by Momoe Yamaguchi! I can't stop listening to it! ^_^'

Quote by kumilovei only liked Hikaru before she made her sleezy english album

Yea...the english album was pretty bad..especially those two trashy songs "The Workout" and "Tippy Toes"...It just downgrades her as an artist and shows that she really isn't serious about her fans, that she would change her image like that. I still think that there are some tracks that can be tolerated (note, I didn't say good because none of them are really good). I will listen to "About Me" and "Devil Inside" once or twice but other than that, the CD pretty much is crap.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Maglaucher615

~The wandering forumer~

Go Hikaru! I love her music da best! ^.^

~The wandering forumer~
I've gone too wayyyyy to many forums in my young life. Some i'll stay at longer then others, some i'll never return too....i just like to leave my mark in some way before i go ;)

Searching for friends!

BoA doesn't look like a loli-bait (well... not a lot : D) and I love her songs, so my vote is for her.

BZZZZZZZZZZT.

Quote by kaolla-kakeYea...the english album was pretty bad..especially those two trashy songs "The Workout" and "Tippy Toes"...It just downgrades her as an artist and shows that she really isn't serious about her fans, that she would change her image like that. I still think that there are some tracks that can be tolerated (note, I didn't say good because none of them are really good). I will listen to "About Me" and "Devil Inside" once or twice but other than that, the CD pretty much is crap.

A lot of people seem to dislike her English album. I don't think it's that bad, I think it's quite a nice party album. I wouldn't say it's good quality and it's nowhere near her best work, but it's still a catchy feel-good album. My favorite song on there is Kremlin Dusk :)

Be Free and Masturbate

I can't choose between BoA or Utada and I really don't like Ayumi... because I read in an interview that she never meant to be a rolemodel for anyone so that really dis-interested me in her. Her music is wonderful but I just don't like her as much anymore.

SO it's either Utada or BoA *nod* Can't choose because they both rock.

And if Faye Wong was up there I'd choose her, but she's chinese pop not japanese. haha! *walks away*

Yae, we promised... promised... that we would always be together... why? Why...

Signature Image

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

I love BoA because she's Korean. Actually that just makes me hate her even more!!!>_< *joke* But still, her songs are great and un to listen to.

Ayumi Hamasaki is the greatest because she got years of experience and pure power. She's very great and none of the new upcomers can match her.

Utada Hikaru is a great singer, plain and simple. Hikari was a good song but man!!! The P.V. sucks!!! What a letdown!!!

Namie Who? Sorry, playah, don't know her...

I dunno what's wrong but I can't vote, so maybe later. Stupid bugs!!!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 79 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.