Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Seeking some advise - Minitokyo

Seeking some advise

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

lol I can't believe I need help, I guess first time for everything. Well I am going on a blind date today that my best friend set up for me, I am kind of nervous, because those who know me know about my dreadful luck with woman. :D Anyway, now usually I date girls that I know, so I don't think I know the rules in dating basicly a stranger. Now I hope at least one of members in here have done this kind of thing before and could give me some pointers. This wise one needs help. :D

By the way a separate question, the question can be a vice versa for the ladies too, so do you guys try to kiss the girl on the first date, I never could figure the rule for that, because some girls think you are a perv if you did that on the first date, other girls think you don't like them if you don't kiss them. ^_^' It is a great dilenma. So feel free to answer each one

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

mdntdragon

mdntdragon

Dark Dragon---Ruler of the night

welllllll, lets see here. The kiss I think depends on #1 the girl, #2 how well the date went.

and for the pointers, just be yourself. If she's any kind of lady she'll see that you are sincere and will get a good first impression. I really think you'll do fine mordin. good luck! ;)

On leathern wings and with fiery breath, I descend upon you!

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

well i can only answer the second question : there's a time for everything i'd say, but the thing is you never know when it will come. but as for this matter, it depends, i guess a mutual feeling could be sense (you kinda feel these things right? :) ) so it really depends on the mood i guess

really i ain't a great help, but gambatte anyway XP *take my mojo* ahah

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Whats this? Mordin needs help?? The Apocalypse!! haha, i'm just kidding!! XD
Well, i don't really know about the first one, i've never been on a blind date, or any date for that matter :sweat: but i would assume you would act the way you would when meeting anybody for the first time. Get to know her, and let her get to know you and then go from there. You might get along, you might not, who knows till you get there. I hope you have a great time tho, and that she is a nice person deserving of a date with a nice guy like you ;)

About the kiss, i guess you just have to see if the mood is right. She should be understanding if you don't kiss her, i mean, you just met! Its no big deal if you don't, at least i wouldn't think so... ^_^'

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Mordin needs help? Where did this idea come from? ROFL - Oh no, Armageddon Day has finally arrived. lol

Well I suppose as a friend over here, and your charming counterpart, just make sure to chew a lot of gum and don't let her breathe into your bad breath - girls find that a turn-off, you know. **Snickers**

Don't hesitate to give the girl a bit of a teasing remark - girls actually love having a bit of attention, trust me on this one. When they bite their lip, move their legs constantly from side to side, or give you a little frown in frustration, give off that "Hey - it's not my fault remark" and laugh it off. I'll bet they'll walk away from you by then, but the hurt and forgive me back tactics do pay off. Girls love a good little emotional show going on - if you play your cards right - lol - and if you take light shots in the arm from a girl quite often, you'll have a sense of knowing then that she really feels comfortable around you.

You are jotting this down, aren't you? **Watches Mordin sleep gracefully on his desk and rings the bell** Hellllooooo? Mordin? **Watches Mordin snap up back up in confusion** You haven't been dreaming about the girls back there, ya? Argh... I guess I'll need to teach the Wise One a little extra lesson over there. OMG - it's so wrong giving advice to a guy like almost a decade older than me. I feel so ashamed and embarrassed. I hope you don't take this into offense. I'm just trying to lighten you up a bit, that's all. **Nods**

Ahhh yes, when a girl seems to act a little unusual - walking slowly, glancing back at you and looking away - that's where you should strike first and answer the call. ROFL - but really, take it easy. and get to know the girl a little better. Patience is all it takes.

Umm... wow - guess I don't have as much experience in this love thing than you'd pretty much expect from the Charming One herself. lol, That's because I've never been in one before. Now that I ran out of bright ideas, guess I'm going to have to start making my advice sound good from now on. Haha. All I have to say is just to be yourself, and stay conservative. When she gives you signs when the time is right, use your best judgment and then go for the aggressive. I know you can win the hearts of these kinds of ladies this way. Just don't pull a 180 move on them though, alright? Staying absolutely conservative is the key - and trust me, they'll have the urge to love you even more when you resist them for a little while, sweet talking into them and being the nice guy you really are. When these things pile up, you'll sway the girl much more quickly that way. Believe me, it works. Haha - Well, how else may I help you?

All I have to say as a final remark is that you have to be there, focused and determined - because at that exact moment - no matter how well prepared you are, you should be ready to step up to the plate - and you know how Mordin likes to score a couple homeruns - but if you miss your chance of getting her attention, you miss your only opportunity, and I do hope you don't strike a bad vibe afterwards because of it, really. Let's just hope Mordin doesn't have to run home and cry to her mother for advice on what went horribly wrong. Then, I'll have to clearly blame it on you, rather than your bad luck. lol - So, don't disappoint me. **Nods again** Just read the person properly - and if she isn't right for you, she isn't right - but if you do think have a chance and a good shot, thinking she is the proper match for you, then go for it. Use your instincts. I know you will do well there, Mordin. **Bows** Alright, well - take care of yourself. This girl has finished her made-up dating lesson for today. Sounds nice, right? lol - As always, good luck on your journey. You'll need it.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Wow Cele ur words speaks for many! *Takes tons of Note* XD but i guess everyone has said what was need to be said. The main key is just "Beinging Yourself" and let everything works out itself. As the the second part i guess mdntdragon explain'd it. Good luck on ur blind date!

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

I thought you give advices not get them...XD oh well! First kisses on first dates is only good if the girl likes you or that you or her have made an impression which is sometimes good but it has its consequences... either Shes acting on her physical attraction or shes just playing wit you but for me when im with a girl i just be myself and try not to make a scandalous farce of myself so thats my 2 cents i guess! :)

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

For one thing, make sure you don't go out with a poser because they tend to play too much. I hate those types of girls. Also, if the girl really likes you on the first date, and she has no one else but you on her mind, then you can probably kiss. But remember, only if she likes you.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

sh1nj1tsu

Old Soul

Just be yourself. If she is truly interested in you, then it will become more. Don't be something your not.

Conservative is always in style. Damn kids give it up too easily. If she acts like a lady, treat her like one.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Quote by CelessaMordin needs help? Where did this idea come from? ROFL - Oh no,
Armageddon Day has finally arrived. lol
Well I suppose as a friend over here, and your charming counterpart,
just make sure to chew a lot of gum and don't let her breathe into your
bad breath - girls find that a turn-off, you know. **Snickers**

lolll, so true XD but be careful... a girl won't necessarily like to hear you chewing the gum XP

You know, i don't see why you're worried... as long as you don't show your perv side too soon XD you'll be fine, as long as you remain yourself and show her your charming personnality ;) ... if it doesn't work with the girl, it doesn't work... so be it... it's not the end of the world, and you'll certainly meet another one sooner or later ^^ if it works, then all the better ^^

then again, who am i to talk? i've never been on a date... much less a blind date, i guess i'd be nervous to death if i were in your shoes... ^_^'

about the kiss thing... hum, really don't know... it depends on every girl i guess, yeah, we're complicated, i know that already loll

haha so you finally got a date eh...oh well guess you might need some help then *pulls out hand book*

step one: dont be your perverted self XP

step two: get a gift, girls like that...by that i mean money XD i mean come on...who doesnt like to get gifts...

step three: no touching other than holding hands...maybe even putting you arm around her if you guys hit it off

step four: dont kiss even if she wants to...a lil playing hard to get is always cute...well unless she gets a lil mad then a kiss on the cheek if she really wants it

step five: dont make it obvious that your staring at her chest or staring away from her cuz shes not gorgeous or something...keep some eye to eye contact

step six: if you having dinner, small bites...you dont wanna end up talking with lots of food in your mouth

step seven: make some plans at least of possible conversation topics...you dont wanna just jump in and wing it and end up with lots of ackward silences...make sure you dont talk to much either

step eight: be on time and be clean and straight forward, and pray XD

*puts away hand book*
well lets see if the old geezer can hit off right
haha good luck and dont screw it up XP

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

hey uncle what bout kumiko :P lol.....haha grats for finding a girl ;) well chops and cel pretty much explained the whole thing so im just gonna say good luck and take it easy and dont be a perv ;)

jackie-lyn

jackie-lyn

Non-Chinese-speaking Chinese

Quote by mdntdragonwelllllll, lets see here. The kiss I think depends on #1 the girl, #2 how well the date went.
and for the pointers, just be yourself. If she's any kind of lady she'll see that you are sincere and will get a good first impression. I really think you'll do fine mordin. good luck! ;)

I agree. Although I've never been on a blind date (or even any date!), the least I can tell you is that don't worry too much. Think positive and yes, be ready for anything. I guess they apply to any situation as well. I'm supporting ya'. Ganbatte ne!

Movin'...

Kumiko-H

Kumiko-H

Professional reader

Quote by diamarrrhey uncle what bout kumiko :P lol.....haha grats for finding a girl ;) well chops and cel pretty much explained the whole thing so im just gonna say good luck and take it easy and dont be a perv ;)

That's right!!! What about me!!!! jk lol. Well the rules for dating a stranger are basically the same as dating a friend.

First be yourself. Never say anything that you can't back up later. It will always bite you in the butt later. We hate people that lie. Its not impressive and you set yourself up for failur. But when being yourself put your best self forward. If you know that you do something that is incredible aggravating (like I bite my nails sometimes when I am nervous or twirl a strand of hair) try not to do that. I'm not saying don't be yourself just let her see all the good parts of you first. The insanely oddities that make you "you" can be saved for date number 3.
Second, don't think about a 2nd date. Live for that moment. Worrying about the future will only make things go bad in the present.
Third, pay attention to her so that when she says something you can answer accurately.
Fourth, don't worry about odd moments of silence. Talking just to fill space can really make you look stupid. Maintain eye contact with her and smile, but not like an idiot. It may make her blush and sometimes we like that.

As far as kissing. You can tell if a girl wants a kiss. If she crosses that line of proximal distance we all keep for ourselves, she continues to look at you and then look away, or she hints about kissing then you have your answer. But if you do not get that or you are not sure don't try one. If you don't kiss her and she really wants a kiss then you have just ensured a 2nd date.

Hope it works out Mordin.

Signature
All I want to do is read all day long. Can someone tell me how I can get a job like that! LET'S LEAD THE PROFESSIONAL READERS REVOLUTION!!! Any takers???

Oh so "wise one" needs help... I see...

So I'll answer the "kiss on first date" one. I think you should see how everthing gose out first. See if she thinks it's cool or not. You know get to know her some. ^_^ And hopfuly by the end of the day you'll be so sweet she'll want to kiss you no matter what! But you know that can totally back fire on me and go wrong... Anyway! Don't worry about it to much Mordin! And if she thinks your a total perv than she's not the right one for you...

gemini4life

gemini4life

The Quiet Geezer

For an old geezer your just too quick beat Gemini to finding a girl XD. Can't be much help on answering the question cause no luck with that type of relationship. However, can agree with what everyone is saying and that it depends on how things go, with all that wisedom you've got I'm sure you'll know what you'll need to do.

All I can do is cheer and support you *raises his cane and shouts "Geezer Power"* XD

It's not that I have better vision
It's that I open my heart to that which others turn a blind eye to

I never date before and I will never will :) Thank you my dark god XD HA HA HA
Anyway just act like what you act like with your friend and not try to be a perv. I know this is hard for you just try not to be XD Relax and don't try so hard :) that is the best thing I could think of * Fly away into time*

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Well, interesting thread....^_^ I've never been in a blind date before and I will never do that even if he is a friend of my friends, I feel weird...I want to know more about the person before going on a date with him....Anyway, for me kissing a girl on the first date is not a good idea, there are many ways to show how you like her like bring her flowers, compliment her and tell her something funny...she'll know that you're a nice and funny guy then want to see you again...when you feel that you love her, then kiss her (of course with the fact that she loves you back), no need to rush on the first date...*giggles*

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

A blind date huh Mordin. I would think that is the best kind. No pressure on either side. If you hit it off, great, if not, no sweat. Just try to relax and be yourself like everyone has said. You've been on dates before I'm sure so just use your knowledge from them. Ask questions about her life and what she likes and see if there's any connection there. Don't talk too much about yourself unless she's really interested in finding out more about you, as you might come off as either a show-off or full of yourself. A little attention toward the girl in question goes a long way.

As for a kiss. That will really depend on how the date turns out. I would try to keep it black and white. If you hit it off like a house on fire then a polite kiss would be fine. Anything less and I would err on the side of caution unless you're really keen on her you could kiss the back of her hand in some romantic gesture.

Hope that helps ya Mordin and best of luck! Maybe you'll let us all know how it went. :)

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

An update to my date, well I am for the first time in my life was shocked and surprise. My date was beautiful music teacher, and she is 5 years older than me. I could tell when i first laid my eyes on her that she outclass me in every way. :D She is smart and funny, and I can't muster any charm at all. I am total lost, and I felt like a teenager when I am with her. :D I just hope I didn't make a fool out of myself today, because I was too giddy and nervous to really impress her. :D The day went smoothy, we had dinner and a movie, I had a great time. She told me she had a grea time too, but I felt that she is way out of my league. :D She did let me in her apartment when i took her home, I guess my roses and over the top humor does win me some point. She let me kiss her, and we are set for a second day, I hope she didn't do that just to pity me. :D Now I just need a new game plan, because she isn't like any girl that I dated before, she knows more than me. ^_^' I guess this wise one is really the grasshopper this time. :D

Quote by Ayamael

Quote by CelessaMordin needs help? Where did this idea come from? ROFL -
Oh no,
Armageddon Day has finally arrived. lol
Well I suppose as a friend over here, and your charming counterpart,
just make sure to chew a lot of gum and don't let her breathe into your
bad breath - girls find that a turn-off, you know. **Snickers**

lolll, so true XD but be careful... a girl won't necessarily like to
hear you chewing the gum XP
You know, i don't see why you're worried... as long as you don't show
your perv side too soon XD you'll be fine, as long as you remain
yourself and show her your charming personnality ;) ... if it doesn't
work with the girl, it doesn't work... so be it... it's not the end of
the world, and you'll certainly meet another one sooner or later ^^ if
it works, then all the better ^^ then again, who am i to talk? i've
never been on a date... much less a blind date, i guess i'd be nervous
to death if i were in your shoes... ^_^' about the kiss thing... hum,
really don't know... it depends on every girl i guess, yeah, we're
complicated, i know that already loll

okie, you two girls are having too much fun at my expense, Cel, Aya, Skysong, don't make it look like I never ask for help before lol and I do have a very sweet breath Cel, no girl ever complaint. ;) Plus my handsomeness can make girls overlook a lot of bad qualities. ;) As for hot cutie, I am gentlemen, I treat my date very professionally, and my perv side isn't as bad as some of you think it is. ;)

Quote by charming oneLet's just hope Mordin doesn't have to run home and cry to her mother for advice on what went horribly wrong. Then, I'll have to clearly blame it on you, rather than your bad luck. lol - So, don't disappoint me. **Nods again**

What kind of pressure are you giving me here. :D That is not a very encouraging remark, I don't run home to mom, I run home to my charming princess teddy bear. ;) Why are you blaming me if something goes wrong on the date, it might not be my fault you know. :D Yes Yes, I won't disappoint you *drops head in defeat from the charming one's deadly glare* Your advice was very good until you start demanding a lot of impossible things from me. :D I always pay attention to you, just give me more pocky, and I am all yours :D so stop ringing that bell on this old man, old man needs naps you know. ;)

Quote by Chopstickzhaha so you finally got a date eh...oh well guess you might need some
help then *pulls out hand book*
step one: dont be your perverted self XP
step two: get a gift, girls like that...by that i mean money XD i mean
come on...who doesnt like to get gifts...
step three: no touching other than holding hands...maybe even putting
you arm around her if you guys hit it off
step four: dont kiss even if she wants to...a lil playing hard to get
is always cute...well unless she gets a lil mad then a kiss on the
cheek if she really wants it
step five: dont make it obvious that your staring at her chest or
staring away from her cuz shes not gorgeous or something...keep some
eye to eye contact
step six: if you having dinner, small bites...you dont wanna end up
talking with lots of food in your mouth
step seven: make some plans at least of possible conversation
topics...you dont wanna just jump in and wing it and end up with lots
of ackward silences...make sure you dont talk to much either
step eight: be on time and be clean and straight forward, and pray XD
*puts away hand book*
well lets see if the old geezer can hit off right haha good luck and
dont screw it up XP

Okie, somehow taking advice from a guy that is on the record books of getting most slap by the ladies doesn't excatly give me confidence, you might make it worst. So if you don't mind baby chopper, I will take my chances. ;)

Quote by diamarrrhey uncle what bout kumiko :P lol.....haha grats for finding a girl ;)
well chops and cel pretty much explained the whole thing so im just
gonna say good luck and take it easy and dont be a perv ;)

you are one nosy nephew ;) shoo shoo, go play with your legos or something. :D

As for Kumiko, my darling, I will make it to you, so don't be jealous, plus I see you are having the hots for some office guy. lol I guess this will spice up our realtionship. ;)

Quote by AlishaDon't worry about it to much Mordin! And if she thinks your a total perv than she's not the right one for you...

Why is most of the girls that post on this thread makes me look like an clumpsy perv that doesn't know what he is doing. :D I think I still got it with the ladies. ;) I know I have bad luck with woman, but it doesn't mean I can't play the game. :D Anyway thanks for the support, but I will let you ladies know that this wise one is a handsome devil too. ;)

As for the guys, I thank you for the support, you didn't tease me as bad as some of the girls did. :D Orcale, gemini, dragon, mage, you guys are great, I will make you guys proud. :D Gemini, sorry I will root for you next time. :D

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Quote by MordinI think I still got it with the ladies. ;) I know I have bad luck with woman, but it doesn't mean I can't play the game. :D Anyway thanks for the support, but I will let you ladies know that this wise one is a handsome devil too. ;)

You are so full of yourself...oh man. *snickers* "Still got it"? You mean you had it at one point? *rofl* "handsome devil"? Whoa...this is too good! oh no, can't...breathe...laughing...too...hard! *gasps for breath* I'm okay now. Anyway, thanks for the entertainment...I haven't laughed this hard for a long time. XD

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

Anjeile

Anjeile

Dancing In The Storm

Quote by CLAMPchic

Quote by MordinI think I still got it with the ladies. ;) I know I have bad luck with woman, but it doesn't mean I can't play the game. :D Anyway thanks for the support, but I will let you ladies know that this wise one is a handsome devil too. ;)

You are so full of yourself...oh man. *snickers* "Still got it"? You mean you had it at one point? *rofl* "handsome devil"? Whoa...this is too good! oh no, can't...breathe...laughing...too...hard! *gasps for breath* I'm okay now. Anyway, thanks for the entertainment...I haven't laughed this hard for a long time. XD

*guffaws* oh kel-chan! u're so evil! *rofl* this is totally hillarious! *applauds* bravo, kelsey, bravo! XD uncle mordie asking for advise? izzit dooms day already? *looks up to the sky* nope, it's not falling down. phew! *rereads the post and bursts into laughter again* oh uncle mordie..."handsome devil"? *chokes and gags* yeah right! old geezer is more like it. *roflmao* this is priceless!! what an entertainment! thanx uncle mordie! XD XD XD *runs away laughing*

Signature

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

Quote by MordinAn update to my date, well I am for the first time in my life was
shocked and surprise. My date was beautiful music teacher, and she is 5
years older than me. I could tell when i first laid my eyes on her that
she outclass me in every way. :D She is smart and funny, and I can't
muster any charm at all. I am total lost, and I felt like a teenager
when I am with her. :D I just hope I didn't make a fool out of myself
today, because I was too giddy and nervous to really impress her. :D
The day went smoothy, we had dinner and a movie, I had a great time.
She told me she had a grea time too, but I felt that she is way out of
my league. :D She did let me in her apartment when i took her home, I
guess my roses and over the top humor does win me some point. She let
me kiss her, and we are set for a second day, I hope she didn't do that
just to pity me. :D Now I just need a new game plan, because she isn't
like any girl that I dated before, she knows more than me. ^_^' I guess
this wise one is really the grasshopper this time. :D

Quote by diamarrrhey uncle what bout kumiko :P lol.....haha grats for
finding a girl ;)

you are one nosy nephew ;) shoo shoo, go play with your legos or
something. :D As for Kumiko, my darling, I will make it to you, so
don't be jealous, plus I see you are having the hots for some office
guy. lol I guess this will spice up our realtionship. ;)

o.O me nosy??hmm must have got it from you ;) i dont play with legos .....u do....well o.O music teacher.....o.O 5 years older...hmmmm im not gonna say anything ;)
wow aunt is going for another guy as well.....wow what a strange married couple alot of freedom between you 2 lol ;)

Kumiko-H

Kumiko-H

Professional reader

Quote by diamarrr

Quote by MordinAn update to my date, well I am for the first time in my life was
shocked and surprise. My date was beautiful music teacher, and she is 5
years older than me. I could tell when i first laid my eyes on her that
she outclass me in every way. :D She is smart and funny, and I can't
muster any charm at all. I am total lost, and I felt like a teenager
when I am with her. :D I just hope I didn't make a fool out of myself
today, because I was too giddy and nervous to really impress her. :D
The day went smoothy, we had dinner and a movie, I had a great time.
She told me she had a grea time too, but I felt that she is way out of
my league. :D She did let me in her apartment when i took her home, I
guess my roses and over the top humor does win me some point. She let
me kiss her, and we are set for a second day, I hope she didn't do that
just to pity me. :D Now I just need a new game plan, because she isn't
like any girl that I dated before, she knows more than me. ^_^' I guess
this wise one is really the grasshopper this time. :D

Quote by diamarrrhey uncle what bout kumiko :P lol.....haha grats for
finding a girl ;)

you are one nosy nephew ;) shoo shoo, go play with your legos or
something. :D As for Kumiko, my darling, I will make it to you, so
don't be jealous, plus I see you are having the hots for some office
guy. lol I guess this will spice up our realtionship. ;)

o.O me nosy??hmm must have got it from you ;) i dont play with legos .....u do....well o.O music teacher.....o.O 5 years older...hmmmm im not gonna say anything ;)
wow aunt is going for another guy as well.....wow what a strange married couple alot of freedom between you 2 lol ;)

Freedom is the key to keeping a marriage fresh...although...we did just get marrie...and it hasn't been long enough to get old...and i haven't actually got a relationship going...and mine is just a friend thing... Oh no me have made me brain hurt @_@
*shakes head hard* Wait a minute I am getting the short end of the stick here!!! ME MAD mordie!!! grrr!!! jk lol. I am glad things are going well stop thinking the worse. If you do you will think it right into existance.
...Wait a minute did you say kiss!!!

Signature
All I want to do is read all day long. Can someone tell me how I can get a job like that! LET'S LEAD THE PROFESSIONAL READERS REVOLUTION!!! Any takers???

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.