Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which music artists do you think have lots of potential? - Minitokyo

Which music artists do you think have lots of potential?

page 1 of 1 14 total items

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I think that the music artists back in the day (back before I was born) had lots of talent. Through the words of artists like James Brown or Duke Ellington, I was able to feel their words and their emotions. I believe that if these artists gave themselves more time, they would overwhelm a lot of the crap that is heard today.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

equinox01

equinox01

Lost In Darkness

Beloved (us)

Signature
I don' Like myself much
Shadow

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

I'm gunna go out on a limb and say Chronic Future (If you haven't heard of them, listen to Time and Time again!) because they have so much to offer and their lyrics aren't like the crap you here nowadays. They also have a lot of instrumentals on their CD which are just awesome.

I'd also say Skindred because nobody really thinks rock and be reggae too! I really think they are the ones who could prove that it's possible because they have the most awesome CD right now!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Though I absolutely abhor this type of thread, there is one particular new artist whose work I have become particularly partial to, so I feel that I should make a little note on her behalf. I'm going to take this thread's topic as to ask what emerging artists are of particular note, whose music is not particularly well-known yet but who, though still somewhat obscure, are a step above the rest.

For me, the artist in question would be a young Japanese singer named Yui. I heard her music during my recent trip to Japan, and I have to say that her debut single was all I listened to on the long flight back home. Her voice is not perfect, but it has a certain quality to it that makes it applicable to so many different genres, and a style that simply works in so many different situations. Her range is excellent and her singing in general has a real human quality that is endearing. She plays the guitar, and in one song in particular, "Why me," (check my homepage to hear the mp3) has a simple guitar line that runs the whole way through that just complements her voice perfectly.

Skill is one thing, but being able to complement everything perfectly is an art, and Yui looks like she's well on her way to mastering that art.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Mel you have a lot of potential!! ;) Your instrumentals are so awesome, keep them coming! Also, there's this one group: DC Talk, that used to be together, but sadly are not anymore. But i really liked their music, and i feel they have potential to make a lot more great music, if only they'd get back together T_T so basically the potential is there, but its just too bad they went their seperate ways...

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by shinsengumi...Her voice is not perfect, but it has a certain quality to it that makes it applicable to so many different genres, and a style that simply works in so many different situations. Her range is excellent and her singing in general has a real human quality that is endearing...Skill is one thing, but being able to complement everything perfectly is an art, and Yui looks like she's well on her way to mastering that art.

Perhaps I need to listen to more music. It's very, very difficult on my campus to hear any music genre other than rap, which I think is wholly too easy to get recoginzed by many young people today. Being able to go out into the world and hearing the many voices that are new and upcoming, even some of the older voices that are still great today, would be quite a task for me.

In addition, much of the music that I'm surrounded with, especially rap, has no true purpose or meaning; many of these artists are not conveying very good messages to people, especially young people, and there is no wonder why so many minds are corrupted as it is. However, my biggest interest is instrumental music since there are really no struggles to try to get the vocals synchronized or correspondent to the chords and notes of the song, but I also think that people who try to synchronize or correspond their voice to the chords or notes of their songs have potential, especially when the music can be felt. These are the artists who should have more recognition since they take lots and lots of time to get their words and even emotions on point. If what you say is true, shinsengumi, then I also believe that Yui can be very successful in her endeavors.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by shinsengumiFor me, the artist in question would be a young Japanese singer named
Yui. I heard her music during my recent trip to Japan, and I have to
say that her debut single was all I listened to on the long flight back
home. Her voice is not perfect, but it has a certain quality to it that
makes it applicable to so many different genres, and a style that
simply works in so many different situations. Her range is excellent
and her singing in general has a real human quality that is endearing.
She plays the guitar, and in one song in particular, "Why me," (check
my homepage to hear
the mp3) has a simple guitar line that runs the whole way through that
just complements her voice perfectly.
Skill is one thing, but being able to complement everything perfectly
is an art, and Yui looks like she's well on her way to mastering that
art.

I just got her very first single right about now, and she's a new J-Pop artist who's paving her way to the music industry - I have to admit that when I first opened to it and started hearing it out, I was captivated by her talent of singing. She has that gentle aura that makes her clearly distinguishable between a lot of other well known and not so well known J-Pop artists out there, from her heart-warming Feel My Soul to - of course, as you mentioned it - this track you clearly pointed out - Why Me.

This song is pretty nice - especially when you are listening to it down by the train station and you are on that very quiet train, peering out through the glass window at the side and enjoying the nature of sightseeing in store.

Perhaps I'll post the romanji lyrics out. You should take a swing at it - it's pretty good. **Bows**

I love that J-Pop feeling - you can only imagine, shinsengumi. I know that feeling as well.

Why Me

Found Me oikakete
zutto samishikute

hitorikiri no Sad night
yofuke mae no yami ni tokekondeta

konna fuu ni itsumo kiesou na My Soul
toorisugite yuku hito no nami ni nomare nagasarete iku

itsumo dareka ga tasukete kureru to shinjiteta
jibun no ashi de I just be myself

* Bye my weakness Bye my sorrow
fumidasu yuuki motte yuku yo kore kara wa
Bye my weakness kagayaku saki kitto kono te ni tsukamu yo

...Good day... Oh my self

Need me kono saki ni
kimi wo sagashita

tachidomaranai everyday
yoake mae no sora wo dakishimeteta

kimi ga utatte kureta Songs ima mo wasurenai yo
tsuyoku nareru I just be myself

* repeat 2x

Bye my weakness Bye my sorrow ~kore kara wa
Bye my weakness kagayaku saki kitto kono te ni tsukamu yo

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

Hmm......... I'm not really sure about this.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

hum... there are too many artists that have a lot of potential sadly, most of them don't even make it to the recording part... anyways... i haven't followed on new artists lately, i rarely listen to the radio, i only play the mp3s i have... so i wouldn't know... but i've heard some stuff from one of my friend's groups, and i think they are pretty good actually... as for an already established artist.. i'd say Onitsuka Chihiro... she writes her own song, and from the few i've translated so far, her lyrics are really deep... poetic... and her music just goes so well with those lyrics ^^

Nakayori

Nakayori

:: Rawr ::

Wah, you're right, Yui is very captivating... o__o;; :: Just listened to 'Why Me' on Shinsengumi-person's page. :: xD;; It's not perfect, but she definitely has skills. X3

Signature

Hmm, that's hard...
I think that many old artists/groups are good. There is many new that are crap, but there is too some new, good artist/groups...
Hmm, Bodies without organs are good and many artists, that sing celtic music (not everyone....) They have real talent! :D

Signature
Member of: ~Make a friend~ ~Serenity~ ~Japanese~ ~FinalFantasyFans~
I'll see you all around, people! :D

well that's hard......
oldies rock but new day bands i would have to go with *skysong* with
DC talk they where really good but the hole thing with them yeah but that still leaves sum41, third eye blind and green day and many more, new and up coming artists and bands i have no clue im not keeping tabs on them. ^_^'

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I'd have to go with a lot of bands who've just debuted in the past year or so, like Hawthorne Heights and The Black Maria. The Black Maria's lead singer doesn't have a "perfect" voice ( who does anymore? ) but he's got an interesting voice, and I think that if he developed his talent a bit more, the band would be awesome. Hawthorne Heights is a band from my home state (Ohio) and they're already good as it is. I just think JD (the lead singer) could figure out better vocal melodies so that certain songs (like track 9, Wake Up Call) wouldn't sound somewhat weak. Same for Kill Hannah.

All rock in general could do as the Darkness has done and use the guitar solo again. As for the Darkness...Justin could start sounding more like a man and not a woman. x_x

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

i think nami - gundam seed and Boa

Signature
oh yah?
can u say, GS/GSD fan crazy? yes u can. =]

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.