Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime without love story?? - Minitokyo

Anime without love story??

page 1 of 1 19 total items

bakaonigiri2

bakaonigiri2

silly cat

The topic says it all! In all the anime I've seen there are love stories.. even not so obvious..
so I wonder if there's any anime with no love story at all!

(I thought of making this topic cause my borother keeps making fun of me saying "hahaha you're watching japanese soap operas!!" :P)

I should have known...that a riceball does not belong in a fruits basket

twilighteva

Got Nyuu?

Super Milk Chan for starters.

Proud Administrator of:

Doujinshi-Support-Club

Proud Member of:

Elfen-Lied-junkies
EVA-Children
MT-Singles-Club
MTUSA

Where does this feeling called love exist?

It resides deep inside of the ideal of hope within everyone's heart.

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

Hmmm..well, I do think that romance is a big part of anime. Most animes have some sort of love story to make it more attrative (mostly to teens). I particularly prefer an anime that has romance as a genre but some, for example "Air", works more on the emotions rather than have love stories.
There are ones without romance! (obviously) But it's better with some form of romance in my opinion. :D

Quote by bakaonigiri2(I thought of making this topic cause my brother keeps making fun of me saying "hahaha you're watching japanese soap operas!!" :P)

Japanese soap operas??? wtf??? :o (what a nutty bro... >.<)

p.s. can't help notice your avatar and signature quote......are you a Fruits Basket fan? (keke...I love Furuba so much!! XD)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Azumanga Daioh, Doraemon, Last Exile and quite a number of others are not explicitly love-influenced.

yieloon

yieloon

#1 Slacker

azumanga daioh, madlax, 100stories and i think samurai champloo too.

Signature

They say that god arranged relationships, but men created separation.

Now that you mention it, it is hard to mention anime w/o the slightest bit of romance (couples, crush, etc) for even at least one episode.

If it's anime series, I can't mention any. However, if it's OVA or something, Azumanga Web Daioh I guess and Comedy. That's because they're really short. I guess some horror animes don't have romance too.

Oh and Azumanga TV series has romance. Kaorin to Sakaki's unrequited love. Mr. Kimura to Kaorin too.

Latest wallpaper: I'm Still Waiting

Considering that anime is targeted mainly to young people and teens (most of whom are undoubtedly in love or influenced by peers and self), it is not surprising that love and romance are an integral part of the shows.

Hmmm ... urmm ... oh oh I know - Pokemon! Dragonball?

"Life is not about the number of breaths you take in a moment, rather the number of moments that take your breath away."

Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu. Oh wait.. that one has some portions mocking romance in anime. ^_^'

Grave Of The Fireflies, a Miyazaki film. I'm sure there are other films by him that contain no romance, but I've only seen that one and Princess Mononoke so far.

Serial Experiments Lain doesn't have a hint of romance either.

Liz

Liz

I'm as cold as it gets

will am not sure i've never really seen one with no love story somewhere in it oh wait ya i have ... Azumanga Daioh doesn't have a love story oh its been said already sorry thats the only one i've seen that doesn't have any hint of romance

Signature Image

"He who smiles the most carries greater the silent rage within." - Unknown

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

Quote by kaiser47Oh and Azumanga TV series has romance. Kaorin to Sakaki's
unrequited love. Mr. Kimura to Kaorin too.

I think that scene cannot catagorized as romance scene, it's more to pun comedy :d

i guess everybody here mention Azumanga Daioh, well since I recommend it too.
others are probably Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (ova), Zipang (if you can find fansub version of it :) ) and Steamboy.
There also plenty of serious anime who doesn't involved romance like later Patlabor movies etc.

bakaonigiri2

bakaonigiri2

silly cat

Thanx a lot for the replies ^^ I think Azumanga Daioh has romance, if it's there only to make fun of romance elements :P But yup, Grave of the Fireflies had no romance indd... (I can't stand watching it again...too sad!!)

Quote by LucyXlostangelwings
p.s. can't help notice your avatar and signature quote......are you a Fruits Basket fan? (keke...I love Furuba so much!! XD)

Yup yup yup I love it! It's my number 1 anime, even after watching fma!!! :)

I should have known...that a riceball does not belong in a fruits basket

If you really want to find you can find it almost everywhere...
but maybe GITS (SAC too)?

ThePanda

ThePanda

Muffin Bucket

GITS has a slight hint of attraction between two characters, maybe not love, but it's there. SAC is similar (last few episodes of the first season).

Signature

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

AzuDai, Excel Saga, Wandaba style, Read or Die/Read or Dream, all i can think of right now.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

Vetus

Vetus

Lonely Rolling Star

Lots of sci-fi anime (mainly movies) like Akira and Ghost in the Shell don't have love story. Apart from sci-fi, other anime I have seen and haven't any love story is Ninja Scroll (because it's a short ninja/action shounen) and Trigun.

Quote by bakaonigiri2(I thought of making this topic cause my borother
keeps making fun of me saying "hahaha you're watching japanese soap
operas!!" :P)

lmao :nya: :nya: :nya: Fortunately, he hasn't seen Candy-Candy (Powerboy from animeplanet.gr says that this anime reminds him movies of Metaksopoulos. Who is he? Don't ask me: I have no clue!)

What is "normal", anyway? If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.

most of the animes ive seen have a love story but i guess read or die

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Mainly kiddie shows and sci-fi don't have love stories....

Mainly, Crayon ShinChan.

Signature

SakuraCorazonn

~Dreams are dreams~

Ruroini KEnshi - Kenshin and Tomoe - True love...

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.