Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is this really worth it? - Minitokyo

Is this really worth it?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

inochikyo

inochikyo

Shy Little Me

Seeing as how Mt is slow now, but thats not the real point, does anybody ever come on MT everyday and never get bored of it.
I know some members decided to just quit cause it got to boring and Im starting to feel the same way, so i just wanted to know your opinon.
Is minitokyo worth the time..?
Is it worth anything to you...?

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

lol - I was actually chatting this sort of issue to a couple of my friends, and I always wondered - after all this time, was it really worth anything?

Well, I'll be honest about it two ways - I love chatting in the forums I go to because I get to have some entertainment with my friends this kind of way - rather than go all out on the IM - leave a message there, and pick it up later. It's rather quite convenient - lol. Second is because of the interaction being shared - music interests, role-playing, poem sharing, forum games - that sort of aspect. In the very first forum I go to, I chat to a lot of my friends back in high school and we had a blast - the avatars and the signatures truly expressed who we are as individuals, and it was very safe because the forums can be looked after and controlled by the people in charge - the admins - so we never have to worry about people going to far and the works. The rules were quite decent, as long as nobody went out of control there.

It was nice because people share their everyday life experiences, and we'd chat about what interests us, like the usual - sometimes we even played forum games and those were totally worth it back in the day, when most of us got stuck in the snow during the winter, school was out and there was nothing better to do. lol - I guess those were quite the times many years ago.

To me, Minitokyo was once worth something, but since you mentioned that some members left - well the regulars I knew from back in the golden ages [when everyone was having fun around MT many weeks in the pat], now its sort of blank, but the love for the forum is what keeps me coming here, especially when its still quite fun and all that. The community is very civilized, which is quite a surprise in the current size and continually growing state it is in right now, and of course, there are some pretty good thought-provoking threads as well. **Nods** But sometimes it falters and gets boring at times, which even I can agree to, but for me, to fix it up a bit, that's why I recommend people coming here once in a while rather than going all out. It is a good thing - as long as there are other fun forums to accomodate it or if you like to hang out with your friends aside from using the Internet. If you miss a day, you are missing out a lot at MT - so its a fun place to keep up with everything when it is fast-paced everywhere you go, of course.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

It is, I think, Igot to meet some real interesting people, and the arts around are realy good, it is not necesary to come every day, it is not an obligation,
so wy did U get that position?

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Minitokyo, for one thing, kills a lot of time for me. However, I am tired of the highlighted submissions thing because so many other members who submitted great wallpapers aren't getting the credit I deserve. I'm not saying this in spite of receiving recognition for my own wallpapers, but there are other members who deserve better. Also, it would be great if some of the members who browse the galleries take the time to come through the forums and even create some threads that we all can relate to. Maybe things would improve. An interesting thread comes and goes, but everyone should share their thoughts and receive feedback about their thoughts from others.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

Well, I've made many friends through mt!!! I actually like to come home and get on to see how everyone is doing. I don't let it control my life of course, but I definately love to get on.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

i think MT is very interesting , i laugh with the post and situations exposed here and i forgive my problems for a moment and i don't feel bored

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

well it is pretty interesting place, I met a lot of different people here, some are becoming wonderful friends for me, so I do come here everyday, plus i got no where eles i can do go now that my work and studies are taking up all my fun time :( MT is the best replacement I can find. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Well I don't really spend tons of time here, but i hop in every week or so to check any new wallpapers and stuff.

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

I come here everyday as much as I can. And I never or WILL never get bored of this site becuase I chat with meh friends on here witch makes this site even more fun to hang out on. It may be slow but it's sure worth the wait. I don't need to worry about slowness on this site becuase I have a high speed internet service.

Signature Image

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Well as of now MT isnt slow Lol. But idk i've experience the slowness before but it was only temp other complain abut the speed but i've yet to see it slow for me. ^^ but other than that Cele pretty much answer how i feel about MT as well.

OnePiece Fan

evey second I pay in MT is worth.I have to say,I came here for scans,because I'm a gallery-con,and getting good images is my only interest.but I also like to view posts in MT's forums,even ususlly do not reply,for I can always find some good ideas of other MTers.

Signature

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

Well, it's a good place for scans/wallpapers/etc. I usually come here when I need them, and the forums if I see a good topic lying around. ^^

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

hmm, I originally came here for the scans, but soon found myself loving the forums, and met lots of great people, who I consider to be friends. Oh yes, I've used up so much time on MT, but I don't regret it, cos it's quite fun to be on the forums for the most part. I was away from MT for a few weeks and was happy to come back, even though some others have left, there's still something that keeps me coming on MT.

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

I come to mt every single day, I never get bored of it. Going to mt makes me feel good, I feel more free here because we can always discuss our problems with life here. to me, everybody seems nice and always helpful

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

levezzali

levezzali

Purge Existence

SOmetimes, after staying with the omp. turned on too much it bores me, but it's always interesting to check the works people make around here everyday! I like here very much, I made some very good friends, and I hope to keep here for a long time!

Purified Existence of a Lost Soul

... ok ... I am not a that serious person !! XD

twilighteva

Got Nyuu?

After the down time it seems to be running a lot faster for me so I am quite happy as I love to see all of the new wallpapers everyone sends in.

Proud Administrator of:

Doujinshi-Support-Club

Proud Member of:

Elfen-Lied-junkies
EVA-Children
MT-Singles-Club
MTUSA

Where does this feeling called love exist?

It resides deep inside of the ideal of hope within everyone's heart.

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

for me MT is a great site for chatting, exchanging opinions and viewing great pictures
I've made a lot of friends here and enjoy chatting with them.....plus the site has many hot and sexy girls scans.....^_^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

As a waller, i guess i got a chance to see what other people can do, and what they think of my walls.. ive gotten better at walling since i came to MT, so many inspiring people out there.. and i wish i could post some of my new stuff, but the submit buttons gone and all.. But definetly worth it in the walling point of view, also its a good place to just post my walls, you dont find such close walling communities at other sites. The forums are cool too, you get to meet a lot of amazing people, certainly wouldnt have wanted to miss out on making all these new freinds. Better than watching TV anyway, so yeah.. its worth it.

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

everything is worth it. but then again it is the self that places worth on things, and i myself am not exactly a fan of value. mt is definitely something that i have enjoyed coming to mainly because i enjoy reading and i have had some simple questions that i found that it would be better to ask people i do not know and get various view points and ideas to work with in deciding my decision or whatever. oh well. i came back because i had a question, well more of help and inspiration. there are alot of good positions to study in the galleries and well my recent forum also explains why i came back.

Signature

Odysseus

Odysseus

Still searching...

I check on it every day, now that it's alot faster I'll come more often than that. It seems worth it to me. I may still be semi new but I think I can see myself staying here for quite a while. Sure some days it gets a little slow (not the site speed) but that's expectable, the same goes for members leaving, I've been a member on another forum for over 3 Years, people came and went, that's just how it goes.

skunkie

skunkie

discipline whore

well, after the server or whatever happened.. went down, wahtever, it's been going really fast so im happy =) and yes, MT is tottally worth it. i love this place..

Signature

discipline: it's a good thing.

well i woudint know what to say :\ i mean i guess it is worth it, but im just so occupied with school and work that i havent been on much on minitokyo as i would like T_T , so i know how you feel

Signature Image

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

I try to drop by everyday actually, but I don't have that much free time to do so.
But I like MT actually, because I meet a lot of great people around here.
Chatting to your friends is very good... the galleries and so on are just a little add on to me.

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

I come to MT everyday. This how much I love MT. I could never get bored of MT.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.