Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Waiting on customers... - Minitokyo

Waiting on customers...

page 1 of 1 10 total items

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i was wondering how many MTer's here have a job where thay have to wait on customers
since my parents own a donut shop i have to wait on/ take people's orders...there are a lot of nice people but there are sooo many people that really tick me off

are there people like that where you work also??

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

lol YugureKaze - The job that I worked in last year was like that.

There was definitely some nice customers to meet for sure - some of them, good regulars as well. **Nods** But then you got the people who'll complain with everything you do, and they like to act bossy at times. One time, it got so ridiculous with the lineup that when a guy finally made it to the front and I was the cashier, he was like "Well I've been waiting around for half-an-hour. Will you like... pick up the pace?" Yeah - okay. I thought to myself. There's like 20 guys all in front of him waiting in patience, we got like 30 orders going all over the place, and he blames us for moving too slow? I can sense the frustration, but really, as fast as humans can work, realistically - that is unbelievable.

Unfortunately, as of now, I am not currently working at all. I'm looking for a job ever since the uni. ended and waiting for that call. Waiting customers - oh no... lol - I have so many wacky stories I still remember from last year. I swear, working in a growing fast-food restaurant is not that fun at all, even though many of us were good workers. **Nods** I don't ever want to work in that one ever again. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

hahaha i find people that come by every once in a while that are like that one guy
once an elderly couple came in and asked for a certain kind of donut but we didn't have her "favorite" one
after she ate the donut she started complaining about the floor being all covered in grass because whole soccer teams came in to get some treats after the games and we didn't have any time to clean up because of the rush and she started threatening and yelling at my sister because of the mess
she threatened to call the health inspector...geez, seriously getting mad because of grass on the floor in a place that she doesn't own...my brother actually encouraged her to call the health inspector because we were due for a check up anyway ^_^
she ended up storming off.....and then she actually had the nerve to show her face in the store a month or so later....

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by YugureKazeshe ended up storming off.....and then she actually had the nerve to
show her face in the store a month or so later....

I so know what you mean over there. lol - I can recall about two people who did that before - as long as you serve great quality food, they'll always keep crawling back. ROFL

I used to remember one person who kept complaining about how undercooked the fries were served.

So this lady comes up, places her bag on the counter and counts her gigantic piggy bank full of change - looks at the menu for five minutes, checks back on her watch, and finally makes up her mind. The funny thing was that in the menu, it said "Cajun Crispy Fries Only" in big bold letters if I can recall, so she goes and orders a large batch of fries - saying "can I have a large size order of Cajun Crispy Fries" and then asks me this ridiculous question later on like she wasn't even paying attention - Can the fries be crispy rather than plain? - Or something to that effect. I just excused myself from the table and laughed - because we only serve crispy fries like the menu says, and believe me, they come out crispy every single time thanks to our cooks and the special cooking machine, of course. There's no way they would ever come out plain.

So then, when we serve them hot off the grill, she comes back 30 minutes later and tells us - "Well, I just opened the bag and these fries aren't crispy - they're cold." Yeah.... I'm just going to end her humility there. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by Celessa

Quote by YugureKazeshe ended up storming off.....and then she actually
had the nerve to
show her face in the store a month or so later....

I so know
what you mean over there. lol - I can recall about two people who did
that before - as long as you serve great quality food, they'll always
keep crawling back. rofl
i used to remember one person who kept complaining about how
undercooked the fries were served.
So this lady comes up, places her bag on the counter and counts her
gigantic piggy bank full of change - looks at the menu for five
minutes, checks back on her watch, and finally makes up her mind. The
funny thing was that in the menu, it said "Cajun Crispy Fries Only" in
big bold letters if I can recall, so she goes and orders a large batch
of fries - saying "can I have a large size order of Cajun Crispy Fries"
and then asks me this ridiculous question later on like she wasn't even
paying attention - Can the fries be crispy rather than plain? - Or
something to that effect. I just excused myself from the table and
laughed - because we only serve crispy fries like the menu says, and
believe me, they come out crispy every single time thanks to our cooks
and the special cooking machine, of course. There's no way they would
ever come out plain.
So then, when we serve them hot off the grill, she comes back 30
minutes later and tells us - "Well, I just opened the bag and these
fries aren't crispy - they're cold." Yeah.... I'm just going to end her
humility there. lol

hahaha wow! that is pretty humiliating ^_^
that reminds me about the first time i helped a customer
the kept screwing me up changing their orders....and then started yelling at me...i was still learning back then though and i didn't want to help at the register anymore...but somehow i gathered up my courage and tried again
another thing that really annoys me though is that you and the person that you are helping know that they have dollar bills but the pay the whole thing in change...
i heard from my brother about a person that owned a store was helping some one and the person was paying with pennies....after the person was done counting out all the pennies the suy that was working scooped all of the pennies and dropped them into a trash can in front of the person...
i thought that that guy was pretty crazy when i heard the story...he must've really hate pennies...lol

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

As for me, I work in customer service, as a student supervisor at my university's IT HelpDesk, so while it's a different kind of waiting on customers, I still have to deal with rampant stupidity nonetheless. Clearly there are some very good customers who are patient and understand that you're trying to help them, and who at times are kind enough to leave a complement, but then there are those who expect the world delivered to their doorstep on a silver platter and then some.

At times, dealing with irate customers can be really stressful. . . for us, we deal with this by having buckets of yellow foam balls with smiley faces printed on them; they work great as stress balls, and when there aren't any customers around, we toss them around to let off some steam, which works really well.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

Bleh...yep, that's me.. Your waiter XD. I have to work at Chuck-E-Cheeses and yea...that's not too hot. If anyone doesn't know, c-e-c is like a play zone for little kids. Like, the Dave & Busters of children. First of all, I have to wait on little children who are pumped up on Pizza and sprite!! Second, sometimes, since I'm one of the tallest employees, I have to sometimes dress in the Chuckie costume (another reason I curse my height). The kids are really sweet, it's just the parents who give me a hard time. They want too much and it comes with the job but gosh are they ever annoying!

There are also some benefits to my job. First of all, free pizza and drinks!!! Muhaw ::holds up victory sign::. Also, when I get to work in the prize station, I get to take some of the small things that are left over when they restock (they actually make for nice accesories XD). Another thing I love is interacting with children!! There is this little girl who is around 3-4 and she is the cutest!! She reminds me so much of Alicia from Hagaren (Hughes' daughter)! She comes often and when she does, I always wait on her and her family! They are so nice to me, I even babysit her sometimes!! Whenever she comes, she'll go "Hi Tewen! (Because my name is Terren and she can't pronounce the "r" XD) and she makes laugh so much. One time, I was monitering the ball pit and she was in it. Her mom came and told her it was time to go and she was like "I don't wanna go!! Tewen wants me to stay! Tell her Tewen!!" and I couldn't resist!! She was so cute so I told her mom that my mom would drop her off when I finished my shift. She didn't mind cuz she knew me so yea!!

Well, that's my experience with waiting and stuff like that XD. Sorry, it was kinda long!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

babyck

babyck

>*|*< c o f f e e & t e a >*|*<

sorry...not working yet! i'll be doing part time soon...
after my major major exam of course!
it's in nov... and im freaking out already!
actually...my friends are freaking me out...
they keep saying that there's not much time left!!!
anyway, im sure wherever we work... there'll be all sorts of ppl...
working life is not easy... alot of ppl tell me that... sad ya?
and i've always hated studying... cant wait to work... (how ironic can i get?)

RivendaleDude

With the Lights Out

working>? noooooooooo jk jk

Rape Me, My friend

Son of A Diddly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneone

I have a job..... two actually.... but nothing where I have to wait on a customer to choose or something like that.... mostly independent work where you stay away from the customer as much as possible

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.