Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Basilisk - Minitokyo

Tagged under Basilisk

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

So anyone else watching this ninja show?
Finally, a ninja show that shows ninjas like what they really are supposed to be.
The animation is pretty good too as can be expected of Gonzo.
The character designs might be a turn off to some but it makes them look gritty.

Yea, i've just finished watching the first episode of it.
It looks interesting, and is quite bloody as well, but i'm thinking of continuing of watching it since it has historical figures and as stated ninjas as well.

Raizer

Raizer

~Death God~

mhh i saw some reviews and it look very good
i think i will watch it the next days >_>

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Now that 3 sub groups have come out with the show, what are your feelings about it? I think A-K has the better subs so far. Just one episode and two of the twenty are offed already ^_^'

kyroooo

kyroooo

Gonzo-fan

I was so impressed with the first episode that I went and read the whole manga... and now I'm madly in love with the OP song. Um, the anime is less... hardcore/toned-down.

I'll be rooting for the Yashamaru x Hotarubi couple. They are just so cute together. <3

snowflakez

snowflakez

yukijorou || yuki-hime

yea i watched the first ep. and i agree tt A-K is soo much better. the first episode is nice and interesting. i like it cuz its not an anime tt u can come across often. thou some of the characters are freaky ^_^'
one things' for sure thou, i'd keep watching this anime.. XD

Signature

bleakreserve

bleakreserve

true reflections

I agree the fight scenes are choreographed better than Ninja Scroll which truely utilize the arts of the ninjas. I can't believe this show isn't more famous. i haven't seen this kind of high quality animation/fight scenes since kenshin ova's and this is much more intense. I think the story is quite good compared to the recent animes. I don't think its that bloody ...its not bloody for the sake of being bloody, i think its used artistically and prudently. I can't wait for eps 7 to come out ~.~ everyone should give this anime a try, certainly becoming part of my top 5 animes with its great balance of music/animation/story.

Love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image... otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. ~ Unknown

Signature Image

I watched the first episode. I thought it was pretty good, but the other three have been sitting on my cpu. I'll have to get to watching them again.

From the first episode, I loved the fighting style.

lodzio

You're the worst!

Ive already watched 4 basilisk eps. Well, it looks nice. However, imo its a bit ... ugly :P and weird. For me, it would be much better if they used swords instead of all these 'weird' techniques ;)

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i just watched the first 2 episodes... it seems interesting but kinda weird. some of the characters look pretty good, but what's with the mutants and their "powers"? i kinda like just having the sword/kunai/shuriken type weapons... but i must say that i'm lovin the music!

Signature Image

i read some reviews. it looks so dark and bloody. hop it's great enough

I really liked the first couple of episodes. The soundtrack is great, as to be expected from Kajiura Yuki, and the animation is very clean, and constantly moving. I can't wait for more of this.

-Valk

FUNimation licensed this great show (so far), so I guess it will be available on the shelves some day.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by ValkariousI really liked the first couple of episodes. The soundtrack is great, as to be expected from Kajiura Yuki, and the animation is very clean, and constantly moving. I can't wait for more of this.
-Valk

yuki kajiura does this soundtrack too? she does everything it seems! well it's a good thing i like her then! ;)

Signature Image

berserker86

The Grey Wolf

I know only of ten eps., do they already released newer episodes? The Story and the Art is Amazing, maybe much better than Naruto! This is one of the best Anime I've ever seen, the Skills of the Characters are well thought. Hoping that it continues, but how old is the Anime? I've seen it the first time a week ago.

Seria

~~Pure Spirit~~

Hopefully this anime doesn't have a frustating ending like in the manga

Signature

I haven't seen it yet. I'm working on downloading the first few eps tocheck it out though.

Signature

someguy66

someguy66

The FlameHaze

I only watched 6 eps. and the fighting is great and also the ending song by Nana Mizuki.

Signature

Quote by SeriaHopefully this anime doesn't have a frustating ending like in the manga

I wouldn't call the manga's ending frustrating. It's quite fitting, a circle will start and end at the same place.

Ryth

Ryth

\@Bakaman@/

i've seen it already >___<
it's really great !!!!!
now, i saw eps 12. so sad T_T

Signature Image
||Basilisk-mania||
>> ||Yashamaru-mania|| vvv
>> ||YashaHotaru-mania|| vvv
||Eyeshield 21-mania||
>> ||HiruMamo-Mania|| vvv

zazuge

Perv

Quote by Nitengouki

Quote by SeriaHopefully this anime doesn't have a frustating ending like in the manga

I wouldn't call the manga's ending frustrating. It's quite fitting, a circle will start and end at the same place.

don't tell me that gennesuk and obono will end like theyr grand-parents!
o_0

Belive me and DIE !

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Quote by NitengoukiSo anyone else watching this ninja show?
Finally, a ninja show that shows ninjas like what they really are supposed to be.
The animation is pretty good too as can be expected of Gonzo.
The character designs might be a turn off to some but it makes them look gritty.

haha how ninjas are supposed to be? You mean with weird powers? Just like ninjas were back then!

But yeah great ninja anime. A bit like a ninja Romeo and Juliet story with some fantastic action. A must for all ninja fans

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

I'm fan of it too,Today i just brought the 4th volume of it and must say there should be more episodes like episode 16. This is the first time since i started watching this anime i have actually laughed at anything. This episode was funny from start to finnish( SPOILER WARNING !), from Neki & Rousai trying to scare Oboro LMAO! To the begging when Okoi & Gyobu where pig hunting dose not go so well thanks to a certain fat prevy kouga ninja XD. And other fans would argee with me that their should be more episodes like this, i wonder if there are?

this series is great :D. i love it. better than naruto :p. the fights were cool. the storyline was great too.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.