Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [SPOILER] AIR TV ending.. - Minitokyo

[SPOILER] AIR TV ending..

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

hye guys..
if u watch the anime AIR and understand the ending..
cold u please explain it to me?
haha...
i dun seem to get what the anime is about towards the ending..
:(

Signature

You should have marked this thread as a "spoiler"

rorikon

mabinogi - fantasy LIFE

yeah, agree, "spoiler". But besides from that, do I get it right that Misuzu Kamio is somewhat a reincarnation of Kanna or somehow has her "other-self" connected to the soul of Kanna?

And I remembered my mother words...
"She's still in the sky... waiting for you. Crying alone. We all found her and came close to her but... none of us... could save her."

"You wish for her to smile."
"Will I be able to?"
"I'm sure you will.... But, if you want to live you own life, you could forget about her. You could leave it all behind and live your own life..."
"But someday... you'll remember all of it. Because it's our destiny, you two will meet... somewhere..."

The princess smiled... she just met her only friend.

Signature

i think misuzu's soul is connected to kanna...
but somehow i dont understand what happen to yukito..
*spoiler* did he vanish or he turn into the crow?

Signature

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

yukito turned into a crow coz he wished to start everything again with misuzu (if possible he said) well, about misuzu getting sick, Kanna's soul to reincarnate in misuzu's body is too much for her to handle so in the end she died.

rorikon

mabinogi - fantasy LIFE

Is that so? Such a sad story, nee?

And I remembered my mother words...
"She's still in the sky... waiting for you. Crying alone. We all found her and came close to her but... none of us... could save her."

"You wish for her to smile."
"Will I be able to?"
"I'm sure you will.... But, if you want to live you own life, you could forget about her. You could leave it all behind and live your own life..."
"But someday... you'll remember all of it. Because it's our destiny, you two will meet... somewhere..."

The princess smiled... she just met her only friend.

Signature

tsukuyomimode

life is like a boat

it's sad alright, but there are a lot of times i wanted to stop watching because i can't seem to comprehend what was going on throughout the whole series... =P rawr !

"give a kid a smoke and he'll be happy for a day, teach a kid to smoke and he'll be happy for a shortened lifetime" quote from GTO... =P rawr !

Quote by tsukuyomimodeit's sad alright, but there are a lot of times i wanted to stop watching because i can't seem to comprehend what was going on throughout the whole series... =P rawr !

i cant understand it too..

Signature

Chibi-Chibi

Chibi-Chibi

One day I'll be back!^.^

oh! i undestand it quite perfectly! and it was one of most sadest anime I ever watch (only Haibane Renmei was more sedest to me!)

denyse

denyse

Misuzu Kamio

I didn't like the air end, misuzu... T_T

i just watched the ending and i think it was really sad....
didn't yukito fly to the sky still look for the girl wif wings (kanna)
do u think misuzu's soul joined wif her other self (kanna)?

Lana3007

Lana3007

strange little girl

God that anime is so confusing! And the ending was horribly sad! I swear it actually made me cry twice, it has got to be a record of some sorts! Personally I wonder what the little boy and girl in the very end were suppose to represent. The girl is on the emblem for AIR that they kept showing ... if anyone knows who they are or has any suggestions, I'd like to find out.

Quote by lilm
didn't yukito fly to the sky still look for the girl wif wings (kanna)

i think yukito turns into that crow who was sith misuzu..
and that boy and girl were really confusing.. the boy said something like 'its the end for u, but a beginning for us' or something looking at misuzu and yukito..

the anime makes me think too much~~ it kinda not fun anymore
-_-

Signature

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I thought the crow as Ryuya( the Samurai guy). Anyways, I tink Yukito is the reincarnation of Ryya and Misuzu is the reincarnation of Kanna. But Ryuya wasnt lover of Kanna rite? Thats the part I don't get...

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

ryuya is kanna's protector.. maybe he had feelings for kanna..
and yukito is supposed to find the girl of the sky to release her from her sadness or something like that..
but he fall for misuzu (did he?) i think...

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

lol the ending was rather confusing and really sad.

I'll try and see if I can explain some stuff that I actually get.

oh yeah spoiler warning. ^_^

------------------------------------------------------------------------

misuzu is the reincarnation of kanna. but misuzu is just a normal human being while kanna being a winged human have quite a power. misuzu by just a human cannot withstand all the power and she got sick and all.
yuikto on the other hand is the grand grand grand (I have no idea how many grand there is but ya got my point) son of ryuya. Ryuya I think kinda fell in love with kanna and after kanna died, that other woman with them (forgot her name) told ryuya that kanna is not dead yet. she is still alive, but kinda like in spirit kinda form. and the sad thing is, after she became like that, all she does be in the sky watching the earth in a very sad way. ryuya knowing that wanted to help her. release her from the sadness. since he doesnt know when he will find kanna, the other woman propose that they made a child that will keep a legacy in their family to keep finding the 'gurl with wing (kanna)' as long as they live. apparently yukito is the generation which had found the reincarnation of kanna, that is misuzu. after some event I guess yukito kinda realized something and wanted to help misuzu. he used his power and somehow his spirit was put inside the crow. though it does help misuzu a little, I'm not so sure bout this myself, but misuzu is not fully cured. but her 'spirit' (kanna?) is kinda well I guess released from her sadness.
after that I guess misuzu just live towards her goal and that I think which is her mom.

I think thats the story but I myself am very confused about the story. .hafta watch multiple to actually undestand but even that it still confuses me. so I dont know how much I wrote is true. ^_^"

Siri

Siri

Suou

okay i didn't understand the bit with the boy and girl
i think thats meant to say that its a new beginning

i think what was being hinted at was that
when misuzu died she's going back into the sky
yukito as the crow was going to fly into the sky and pretty much
that he'll follow kanna/misuzu wherever she may go and always look after her?

and then yeah with the kids i think maybe thats them reborn happier with more hope? and that she'll have him from the very beginning? lolll ... but i don't really understand either
funny how i'm answering this thread in uni listening to the opening song of air. either way even though i didn't completely comprehend it i really liked the anime.. it was pretty touching

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

thx for the xplanation..
kinda made me understand a little...
tho is still is confusing..

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

haha it is confusing snow~ XD
ya gotta watch like a million to understand that anime. >_<

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

I want to make something more clear, Kanna's spirit cannot be contained within one body, Misuzu is part re-incarnation of Kanna.

What happened at the end, was Misuzu dies obviously because her body cannot withstand Kanna's spirit. Now, what Yukito actually did, was not to free Kanna's spirit or anything, he helped Misuzu to find her happiness, that one happy memory...

Kash-kun explained it quite well there. ;)

Edit: Oh, about that boy and girl there, there's a theory that says they are the next generation of "Misuzu and Yukito" ...not sure about that though... :\

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by LucyXlostangelwingsEdit: Oh, about that boy and girl there, there's a theory that says they are the next generation of "Misuzu and Yukito" ...not sure about that though... :\

i was wondering who they really are..

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by LucyXlostangelwingsI want to make something more clear, Kanna's spirit cannot be contained
within one body, Misuzu is part re-incarnation of Kanna. What
happened at the end, was Misuzu dies obviously because her body cannot
withstand Kanna's spirit. Now, what Yukito actually did, was not
to free Kanna's spirit or anything, he helped Misuzu to find her
happiness, that one happy memory...
Kash-kun explained it quite well there. ;)
Edit: Oh, about that boy and girl there, there's a theory that says
they are the next generation of "Misuzu and Yukito" ...not sure about
that though... :\

ahhh she's a part of reincarnation of kanna! and that what was yukito did. >_<
this anime is really confusing >_<
in the end, this anime really need some explanation by other person to fully understand @_@

its making me more confused...

Signature

destati

Yuusha-Oh

Ok, here we go. Massive Air spoilers, obviously.

A long time ago, we have Kanna, Ryuya, and Uraha. Kanna is a winged being, the only one of her kind left after her mother dies. When Kanna reveals her wings and tries to escape, the monks trap her with a curse, and she is killed by arrows. The curse is that Kanna's soul can never find peace. Her soul is trapped in the sky, dreaming sad dreams (ie the one where Ryuya dies). Ryuya and Uraha try to help her break free of the curse, but Ryuya is rapidly getting worse and worse. So, he and Uraha have a baby, and their descendants continue to try and help Kanna and her reincarnations.

Now, the people like Misuzu aren't really reincarnations of Kanna, per se. It's more like pieces of Kanna's soul are reborn in normal humans (one per generation). However, Kanna's soul is too powerful to be held in a human body. In the series, they refer to it as trying to keep a very large amount of water in a small pot. The water overflows, and eventually, the pot breaks. So it is with Kanna's reincarnations. The overflowing power from her soul, and thus her curse, affects the people aorund her. That's why people who get close to them, like Yukito, get sick as well, and why Misuzu breaks down whenever she starts to make a friend. Furthermore, this overflowing power eventually kills the human body.

Once Yukito leaves, and realizes that he needs to stay by Misuzu's side to try and help her, he turns into a crow. Through the magic stored in his doll, he transformed into Sora, the crow, and went back to when Yukito first met Misuzu. Note that at this point, Kanna/Misuzu exists in two places at once, as does Yukito/Sora. He does this in order to try and stay with Misuzu, and to give her a friend and the happiness that she wants. Because of what happens to people close to them, the various reincarnations of Kanna are always desperately lonely (remember Yukito's mom saying that she wanted to help, but couldn't?). As Sora, Yukito is able to watch over Misuzu, and help out a bit with Haruko and Misuzu's relationship.

Ok, with me so far? Haruko, after several years of keeping her distance from Misuzu, finally tries to get closer. What happens after is pretty self-explanatory. One event that bears noting is Misuzu losing her memory; I believe this is one of the effects of Kanna's soul overflowing from Misuzu's body. As Haruko gets closer, negative things start to happen. The climactic scene, when Misuzu regains her memory on the beach and goes to Haruko, demonstrates that the curse has been broken. Even though Misuzu dies soon afterwards, for that summer she was truly happy, thanks to Yukito and Haruko; that is, she has been able to get close to other people. Once Misuzu dies, Yukito/Sora flies off into the sky to chase after Kanna's soul. It is my personal belief that, by helping Misuzu find her happiness, Yukito has also helped Kanna break free from her curse of loneliness.

So what about the boy and girl on the beach? One theory, as someone else mentioned, is that they are the next generation of Yukito and Misuzu. This could be done to show how the world goes on, regardless of the problems of any one person, I suppose. I'm not really sure, though.

I also hear that the game elaborates on the story much more, which doesn't really surprise me. Air is supposed to have a good 25-30 hours of gameplay. Anyway, that's my take on the ending.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.