Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 *Spoliers* What Character in Elfen Lied has the Worst Childhood? - Minitokyo

*Spoliers* What Character in Elfen Lied has the Worst Childhood?

Tagged under Elfen Lied

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

twilighteva

Got Nyuu?

Post which character in Elfen Lied you think has the worst childhood and your reasons why.

Personally I think that Lucy's childhood is the worst over all. I feel that because of all of the abuse she took as a kid is the main reason she turned into just a blood cold killer without any regrets. Seeing her having to watch as her dog was killed by the bullies in her class was probably the final step to her choosing to no longer care for anyone’s life. It really is because she was never loved by anyone (except Kouta) and even while he did love her she got jealous of him going with his cousin to the fair (because he said his cousin was a boy) and not her and then proceeded to kill his sister and father.

While every main character in the show has a horrible childhood I do feel that because Lucy caused Kouta's and Yuka's painful memories, indeed she would have to of had the worst childhood.

Proud Administrator of:

Doujinshi-Support-Club

Proud Member of:

Elfen-Lied-junkies
EVA-Children
MT-Singles-Club
MTUSA

Where does this feeling called love exist?

It resides deep inside of the ideal of hope within everyone's heart.

Raizer

Raizer

~Death God~

yeah it was really hard for lucy but dont forget that it was also hard for kouta because he saw how his sister and father where killed

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

yea but lucy loved him, killed his familiy, and saw him suffer, she didnt forget, u think lucy had the worts childhood

but nana had not the worst but the saddest

punker0017

punker0017

My backpack's got jets

Everyone except perhaps Yuka had a bad childhood. I notice that no one has yet brought up Mayu. To live with a stepfather who sexually abuses her and a mother who doesn't give a shit about her is horrible. And then to be abandoned by them, and become homeless, I can't even imagine. It is very hard for me to say who had the worst childhood, they all had horrible childhoods.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

koutas his dad and sister get ripped to shreds and hes shoved in a hospital and beilives his dads in a train wreck and his sister dies from a sickness.

Nana and Lucy. They both didn't have friends and where traeted in really bad ways.

Nanas probably worse cause not many carred for her and she got abused by her step father. Lucy also had it bad but sorta also made it that way but in those conditions u can't blame her.

RainHybrid

RainHybrid

..::- 1082 -::..

mainly lucy
but i gotta say number three diclonious by default
she got the top of her head blown off,
if you dont know who i mean watch the subtitles very carfully she
apears only once...

Remember
Revolution

I'd say Kouta had it very bad. Seeing his sister and dad killed in front of him can't be good. Mayu has it tough too, she was sexually abused and had nowhere to go. Obviously the diclonius had it bad but those two had the worst childhoods imo.

Be Free and Masturbate

Quote by twilighteva Seeing her having to watch as her dog was killed by the bullies in her class was probably the final step to her choosing to no longer care for anyone’s life.

I agree with you. i think that Lucy's childhood is really the worst. She was always rejected and her best friend betrayed her. It's really a sad childhood !

They all had it bad. I think each chr was given a past that depicts the terrer that children suffer in real life and how bad it was for them really depends on how they take it or in other words how strong they are. Lucy had all most nothing to hold on to for hope. Even though it was all ways there she didn't see it and took it away from her self. I think it's to late for her to change for any real length of time... Every one else seems like they can move on and have a future while lucy will all ways be haunted by her own true nature and is the worst off... Though they do leave it hanging in the end so I could be wrong.

AcesHigh521

AcesHigh521

Dance Ren, Dance!

Quote by twilighteva Seeing her having to watch as her dog was killed by the
bullies in her class was probably the final step to her choosing to no
longer care for anyone’s life. It really is because she was never loved
by anyone (except Kouta)

Well there was that other girl that she tried to protect in episode 14. That girl saved her by pushing her away and taking the bullet in the chest.

Quote by I'd say Kouta had it very bad. Seeing his sister and dad killed in front of him can't be good. Mayu has it tough too, she was sexually abused and had nowhere to go. Obviously the diclonius had it bad but those two had the worst childhoods imo. null

I agree with you

ShiinaEimi

ShiinaEimi

Never knows best

Quote by punker0017Everyone except perhaps Yuka had a bad childhood. I notice that no one has yet brought up Mayu. To live with a stepfather who sexually abuses her and a mother who doesn't give a shit about her is horrible. And then to be abandoned by them, and become homeless, I can't even imagine. It is very hard for me to say who had the worst childhood, they all had horrible childhoods.

I was also going to say Mayu for the sexual abuse she suffered, I also felt for her when Wanta was taken back by their owner.

Hmm, what sig? XD

kouta84

kouta84

+ NeKo +

lucy have bad memories in childhood . but after adult lucy look so different ^^

Signature

moonlight-shawdow

moonlight-shawdow

@riddle roses@

Mayu and Kouta because geez that horrible getting abused by your step dad bleh it sickens me.And Kouta had a pweety bad one to seeing your siblings die in front of u is horrifing.It's ike a nightmare never wanting to happen but did.

I am a member of colorfull wallies. free--wallers vectory sakura--cb
nugeneration timeless--rain celestial-luminesse

bqc

I'd have to go with lucy or that girl in the very last few episodes. i forget her name but she was the one with the 15 hands. She never even had a childhood, she was always stuck in that tube for practically all of her life and only wanted to see her dad.

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Thats a tough one. When I watched the series I thought the writers tried to make it as depressing and sad as possible.

But I'd say Nana had it the worst. Lucy turned out the way she did with her split personality, but poor Nana was used by the scientists to bring her back while they did those horrible tests on her. Lucy butchered her, and Nana were sent back. Then that guy that acted as her father (cold bastard that he was) dropped her (alright, he took his own daughter in, but he could at least have shown some affection for Nana).

Besides that, I'm still a Lucy fan.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

all hail lucy for her eternal sadness....i cried...yet again for an anime...
i think she had the hardest, in total she suffered 3 different betrayals.
The first being her childcare center studs, those wicked kids must be sent to hell for all i care and freaky enough i thought they resemble so much of the kids today. suffering dogs and cats like they are nothing. i wonder....where will humanity be led...

the second is of course Kouta, who in a sense betrayed her yet again with the lying that Yuka (his cousin) is a guy, although this is innocently done, but if you see from Lucy point of view, you realized that she is easily hurt and untrusting prior to what she has been through, especially the first kid friend (that nameless little B*tch), she was betrayed by another lie, whihc she can;t tolerate.

Then, all thing seemed to go well in a new place, she became sudden friends with another suspected Diclonius who is actually human, and just when the friendship started off, she was killed in front of her eyes, or more precisely during that trade of deals where Lucy agreed to go with the lab and then in exchange for that girl to be saved, they failed.

So yeah....Lucy the diserted, the lonely, the betrayed, the creature of oblivion, what can i say, i pity her and i say she has the saddest of all.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

I'm surprised no-one mentions Mariko (number 35). She was isolated from birth, and you saw the condition she was in when she was left out of the tank. At least Lucy knew a bit of the outside world and found a few people who cared for her, and Nana had her 'father's affection to support her. On the other hand, the closest thing to a mother that Mariko had was the voice of another scientist through an interphone... On top of all that, she had her body filled with explosives and who knows how many other cruel experiments done to her. So that's why I think she had it the worst.

I think Mayu then Kouta. Although Kouta's past was painful he forgot about it and now that he remembered he'd would somehow manage to get over. But Mayu's past.... Sexual abuse must be really hard on a small child let alone even her own mother didn't believe and ended up agreeing giving her away to people she don't know.
Mariko's past is also touching but since we don't learn much about her until the last moment and always see her as a destructive villain people focus on felling sorry for characters they see more...

kouta, since his family was killed by his friend, right before his eyes...

I think karam's datuger and jucy and kouta

Hmmm, Well, I've seen the 3rd volume of E.L (just recieved final volume. XD )
I would say Lucy had the worst childhood, as she's alone, she's a misfit in a society of heartless people, and she's got a lot of blood on her hands. Also, she has the lil' voice that told her to 'screw it' and just slaughter anyone in your way.

I would also like to say that Mayu would be the next worse. I mean, your blood dad gets replaced by someone else. Could make someone a lil' edgy. Then the guy has a sick, perversed sense of taste. Embarrassing and disgusting. Finally, she's forced to the streets... Stupid love-sick mother... *Sigh*

tough to say for sure, but they all had it bad.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.