Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Something Got You Traumatized? - Minitokyo

Something Got You Traumatized?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

Evanrued

Evanrued

Here and there from time to time

Definition: To subject to psychological trauma.

Did something happen to you that to where you became seriously traumatized because of it?

For me its candles. They have to be lit though.

About 2 years ago. a candle in my room fell over and lit my carpet on fire in a certain corner of my room. (my cat knocked it over). There were other candles in my room lit as well. I was upstairs for about an hour before I came back down to my room, so I'm assuming he had knocked it over not to long before I came. All I saw was an entire corner of my room in flames and lit candles all around my room..at first it used to be that I could not stand candles at all or fire in general (lol I couldnt walk into a store that had candles). But I am gradually getting over it. But sometimes my sight seems clouded for no reason and it looks like theres smoke in the room..and I'm really sensative to the smell of something burning..>< lol I could not sleep for days..>>

So, are you traumatized by anything? Or something you cant stand?

NOTE: Looked up "Traumatized" and "Trauma" in forum, and came up with no threads. Delete if it must be :)

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

well when i was a little kid, I was biten by a spider, it was a huge one too, so ever since then I have a major fear of spider, can't stand them, and I will stay away from them if I ever see one. :D

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

interesting.. =x and thank god you're still alive X_x. By the way did your cat survive x_x? Actually my mom is kinda frightened of candles too, she likes it on one hand... but on the other side she's really frightened that something, like what happened to you might happen to us sometime x_x. So anyways she doesn't let them alone when the candles are lit. But ahwell.. I'm glad you're able to get over it ^^.

hmm something that made me traumatized... nope not really, although i know when i was a kid i had dreams that frightened me and made me really scared in real life lol. I was afraid for bridges XD;. Because i had several dreams about me and my parents driving on a bridge and suddenly there was a piece of the bridge that wasn't there so cars would fall in the hole and splash in the water...

Deep Fryers.
When I was in kindergarten, we had culture day at school and I was wearing my favorite yellow dress. I remember they had the cord in a really bad place, and I tripped over it and pulled the deep fryer down on myself. It had cooled most of the way, so I didn't get burned very badly, but it was really scary and it ruined my favorite dress. Ever since then, I won't use them and I don't want to be in the room if anyone is using one.

Evanrued

Evanrued

Quote by Mordinwell when i was a little kid, I was biten by a spider, it was a huge one too, so ever since then I have a major fear of spider, can't stand them, and I will stay away from them if I ever see one. :D

You know, I have never been bitten by a spider..cant figure out why it is though that I cant stand them...Everytime I see one in my room, I capture, torture, and kill. >>; But I can see where you are coming from <<;

Signature

I fell off of a cliff, was poisoned by lawn fertilizer, and was stabbed in the hand by an enormous badge needle all as a child. I imagine the cumulative experience has fucked me up something fierce and I no longer really fear about the afterlife. Not that I seek to die, but when it's my time, I'll be there offerring Death a game of Street Fighter before we go.

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

i don't know why, but i'm terrified of cockroaches! i can't kill them, smash them, or bug spray them...i run away and scream and try to make someone else kill them for me. and the flying 747 roaches scare the crap out of me cuz i swear they fly right at your head!

once my uncle drew roaches all over my body while i was sleeping and of course i totally freaked out and cried when i woke up the next morning! a roach even blocked my way to my bedroom cuz i couldn't pass it in the hallway, i had to wait for my dad to come home to kill it! so, um, yeah, i'm quite terrified of roaches!

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

Quote by bblsi don't know why, but i'm terrified of cockroaches! i can't kill them, smash them, or bug spray them...i run away and scream and try to make someone else kill them for me. and the flying 747 roaches scare the crap out of me cuz i swear they fly right at your head!
once my uncle drew roaches all over my body while i was sleeping and of course i totally freaked out and cried when i woke up the next morning! a roach even blocked my way to my bedroom cuz i couldn't pass it in the hallway, i had to wait for my dad to come home to kill it! so, um, yeah, i'm quite terrified of roaches!

flying 747 roaches lol ^^;; banzaiiii!!! let's hit them with a baseballbat ^_^.
weird uncle lol O_o;.

Evanrued

Evanrued

Quote by roshinkuinteresting.. =x and thank god you're still alive X_x. By the way did your cat survive x_x? Actually my mom is kinda frightened of candles too, she likes it on one hand... but on the other side she's really frightened that something, like what happened to you might happen to us sometime x_x. So anyways she doesn't let them alone when the candles are lit. But ahwell.. I'm glad you're able to get over it ^^.
hmm something that made me traumatized... nope not really, although i know when i was a kid i had dreams that frightened me and made me really scared in real life lol. I was afraid for bridges XD;. Because i had several dreams about me and my parents driving on a bridge and suddenly there was a piece of the bridge that wasn't there so cars would fall in the hole and splash in the water...

lol well my cat did survive >>;

And that sounds really interesting about the bridge dreams. >> not that I think it would be cool if it did happen no no not at all >< Its just a new one to me. :)

Quote by CapmMunkyI fell off of a cliff, was poisoned by lawn fertilizer, and was stabbed in the hand by an enormous badge needle all as a child. I imagine the cumulative experience has fucked me up something fierce and I no longer really fear about the afterlife. Not that I seek to die, but when it's my time, I'll be there offerring Death a game of Street Fighter before we go.

lol Thats alot...:X lol. Well. You have a good perspective. There is nothing but to accept what we must. Great to know you know :)

Quote by bblsi don't know why, but i'm terrified of cockroaches! i can't kill them, smash them, or bug spray them...i run away and scream and try to make someone else kill them for me. and the flying 747 roaches scare the crap out of me cuz i swear they fly right at your head!

Oh my ....o.O I would want to die if 747 roaches came flying at me.. and I cant believe he drew them on you! Geeze.....Hands down...that is just horrible...*shudders* You have my full permission to run. :)

Signature

Siri

Siri

Suou

lordy dear i know what you mean
i can't stand them
looking at them makes me want to throw up
and i lose my appetite
and i get goose bumps and feel really dirty lol
i can't stand them honestly
give me spiders, snakes, mice any day just keep the cockroaches away
they are so foul.

and those flying ones! yeah i know when they get any where near the face i feel like hurling
gross
god. once i was on the computer and i felt something on my leg n i thought it was just like my hair shedding again lol so ignored it and it climbed up onto my thigh and i swear i screamed loud enough to wake up the neighbour hood.

and your uncle is so mean doing that to you lol poor thing =/

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

I was traumatized by those damn beer!!!

I swore not to drink beer again in my whole life!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

I got shock by electriciy at my house bout 3 or 4 times... but that made loose respect for electricity, now I'm the one that fixes the cables... and I suffer from vertigo, but enjoy the feeling

Quote by AkaikenI was traumatized by those damn beer!!!

now again, I made the same promise... bout 50 times

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by SaschaCI got shock by electriciy at my house bout 3 or 4 times... but that made loose respect for electricity

aww me too ... when i'm forced to repair my comp or other's computers i always got electricty shocks ... it seems i'm very sensitive to that. That's why i always say to the people :"do you agree to remove this wire for me ^_^'" ... i hate wires ... ^_^

i also have a kind of fear of birthday candles ^__^ it traumatizes me ... here it's a tradition that you have to blow them all in one strike or you'll have no luck during the year. I'm totally unable to blow the candle ; i blow very hard but the flame doesn't die >.< i should train ... because it requires always 2-3 times to blow them ... grrr ^__^'
this year i haven't again been able to blow them ... pfff ... too hard. Now when i see my birthday cake i'm always nervous because i'm sure i'll fail again to blow them all :D
*stupid me*

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Quote by papyworld
i also have a kind of fear of birthday candles ^__^ it traumatizes me
... here it's a tradition that you have to blow them all in one strike
or you'll have no luck during the year. I'm totally unable to blow the
candle ; i blow very hard but the flame doesn't die &gt;.&lt; i should
train ... because it requires always 2-3 times to blow them ... grrr
^__^' this year i haven't again been able to blow them ... pfff ... too
hard. Now when i see my birthday cake i'm always nervous because i'm
sure i'll fail again to blow them all :D
*stupid me*

WoW, thats a tuff one... and don't U hate when they use those silli candles that litup alone again?!?!?, U have to turn'em off with the fingers *tssssssssss*...
They mess with my nerves!!!

Dflowen

Dflowen

Cammy User

I was bitten by a snake in my backyard that frightened me because I thought all snakes would poison you. that left me in shock. since I played MGS3 SnakeEater I killl and feed them to the cars on the street.

"There is no such thing as coincidence in the world, there is only the inevitable."
- Toyua Kinomoto & Kaho Mitzuki

Evanrued

Evanrued

Quote by SaschaCI got shock by electriciy at my house bout 3 or 4 times... but that made loose respect for electricity, now I'm the one that fixes the cables... and I suffer from vertigo, but enjoy the feeling

Quote by AkaikenI was traumatized by those damn beer!!!

now again, I made the same promise... bout 50 times

Thats only happend to me once....>_>

Quote by papyworld

Quote by SaschaCI got shock by electriciy at my house bout 3 or 4 times... but that made loose respect for electricity

aww me too ... when i'm forced to repair my comp or other's computers i always got electricty shocks ... it seems i'm very sensitive to that. That's why i always say to the people :"do you agree to remove this wire for me ^_^'" ... i hate wires ... ^_^
i also have a kind of fear of birthday candles ^__^ it traumatizes me ... here it's a tradition that you have to blow them all in one strike or you'll have no luck during the year. I'm totally unable to blow the candle ; i blow very hard but the flame doesn't die &gt;.&lt; i should train ... because it requires always 2-3 times to blow them ... grrr ^__^'
this year i haven't again been able to blow them ... pfff ... too hard. Now when i see my birthday cake i'm always nervous because i'm sure i'll fail again to blow them all :D
*stupid me*

We do that were I live to..amazing how customes travel...>_> I think I only blew them all out like twice..<_<;

Quote by DflowenI was bitten by a snake in my backyard that frightened me because I thought all snakes would poison you. that left me in shock. since I played MGS3 SnakeEater I killl and feed them to the cars on the street.

XD Thats just plain hilarious.

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by Evanrued

Quote by Mordinwell when i was a little kid, I was biten by a spider, it
was a huge one too, so ever since then I have a major fear of spider,
can't stand them, and I will stay away from them if I ever see one.
:D

You know, I have never been bitten by a spider..cant figure out why it
is though that I cant stand them...Everytime I see one in my room, I
capture, torture, and kill. >>; But I can see where you are
coming from <<;

rofl, torture and kill huh, that is brutal, well I avoid them, I don't have the guts to kill them :D I am really bad at killing insects, just not a good feeling seeing them mash into pieces. :D

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

Quote by Siri
god. once i was on the computer and i felt something on my leg n i thought it was just like my hair shedding again lol so ignored it and it climbed up onto my thigh and i swear i screamed loud enough to wake up the neighbour hood.

omigosh siri! that happened to me, too when i was on my puter...i thought it was hair or something, but it was a fricken roach on my foot! i swear i screamed and jumped up so fast i knocked my chair over! yuck...i'm getting all shaky and grossed out just thinking about that! man, why can't we find a way to exterminate them permanently?!

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

Seran

Seran

Whimsical Dreamer

When I was smaller,once I almost drowned into a river, and noone noticed it at all. They didnt really cared later either. From that time, everytime I saw a big water I couldnt stand it all and avoid it always. When months ago, I almost died with my whole family,by carbon-monoxide poisoning, it could have been a big trauma after the case. It happened so quick that I didnt really thought about the worst. Only weeks later I realized the whole thing. After that time, I was always thinking about that the same can happen anytime again,since this poisoning is smellless and not noticable. So I couldnt sleep for a time,because I thought I might not wake up the morning.

CrimsonShade

~Never Knows Best~

When I was little, mom took me and my brother to get out allergies checked out. I was about five years old. When they took me in the room, they put little pen marks on my back... at that time I didn't understand. But when they took out these huge needle thingys and started screwing them into my back I screamed and kick and yelled... I believe I kicked on of the nurses. But that brought up my fear of needles and docters offices.

Signature Image

I see you staring, but don't worry.
I don't mind at all. Look at me if you wish.

in one of elementary years, i almost got hit by my neighbor's car while riding on my bike because i didn't check both sides of the street. now i have a fear of getting run over whenever i cross the street.

"SING like no one's listening, DANCE like no one's watching, LOVE like you've never been hurt."

Evanrued

Evanrued

Quote by Mordin

Quote by Evanrued

Quote by Mordinwell when i was a little kid, I was biten by a spider, it
was a huge one too, so ever since then I have a major fear of spider,
can't stand them, and I will stay away from them if I ever see one.:D

You know, I have never been bitten by a spider..cant figure out why it
is though that I cant stand them...Everytime I see one in my room, I
capture, torture, and kill. &gt;&gt;; But I can see where you are
coming from &lt;&lt;;

rofl, torture and kill huh, that is brutal, well I avoid them, I don't have the guts to kill them :D I am really bad at killing insects, just not a good feeling seeing them mash into pieces. :D

on the contrary, I am scared of them at first sight...<_< then my "killer" intincts kick in...and I have to from then on destroy and kill them...>_>..Cant help it...once I kept a trophy fly paper with a bunch of them on it..I would stab them with thumb tacks >_< I couldnt helpt IT!!

Quote by bbls

Quote by Siri

omigosh siri! that happened to me, too when i was on my puter...i thought it was hair or something, but it was a fricken roach on my foot! i swear i screamed and jumped up so fast i knocked my chair over! yuck...i'm getting all shaky and grossed out just thinking about that! man, why can't we find a way to exterminate them permanently?!

That happend to me once only with a june bug....o_O god that thing was huge..

Quote by SeranWhen I was smaller,once I almost drowned into a river, and noone noticed it at all. They didnt really cared later either. From that time, everytime I saw a big water I couldnt stand it all and avoid it always. When months ago, I almost died with my whole family,by carbon-monoxide poisoning, it could have been a big trauma after the case. It happened so quick that I didnt really thought about the worst. Only weeks later I realized the whole thing. After that time, I was always thinking about that the same can happen anytime again,since this poisoning is smellless and not noticable. So I couldnt sleep for a time,because I thought I might not wake up the morning.

so been there. I am afraid to go into the 8 ft end at the public pool..I'm not a fish..dont swim that much to have confidence that I wont drown..>_> And one of my biggest fears is not waking up in the morning...X_X

Quote by CrimsonShadeWhen I was little, mom took me and my brother to get out allergies checked out. I was about five years old. When they took me in the room, they put little pen marks on my back... at that time I didn't understand. But when they took out these huge needle thingys and started screwing them into my back I screamed and kick and yelled... I believe I kicked on of the nurses. But that brought up my fear of needles and docters offices.

ROFL You never told me bout that one?? o_O

Quote by glassreflectionin one of elementary years, i almost got hit by my neighbor's car while riding on my bike because i didn't check both sides of the street. now i have a fear of getting run over whenever i cross the street.

lol, where I live, they drilled in to our heads at a young at "look before YOU cross!!!" lol I still do because I can still hear them...o_x

Signature

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by evanruedWe do that were I live to..amazing how customes travel...>_> I think I only blew them all out like twice..<_<;

haha you're more skilled that i am ... it's just so psycho with me... i can't do that ... i can't do that T_T raaa. And i have only one to blow T_T snif snif i'm so sad ... i'm sure the sole person afraid of birthday cakes. Even with one candle i have to try two t imes ... i need lessons

Quote by SaschaCWoW, thats a tuff one... and don't U hate when they use those silli candles that litup alone again?!?!?, U have to turn'em off with the fingers *tssssssssss*...
They mess with my nerves!!!

ho yes they did that once ... grrr i was so happy to have blown it and *bam* it started again ... grrr. But now i have to train ^_^ i'll become better next year. They all will be surprised *evil laugh*

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

jendeathbot

jendeathbot

death is only the begining

Quote by Mordinwell when i was a little kid, I was biten by a spider, it was a huge
one too, so ever since then I have a major fear of spider, can't stand
them, and I will stay away from them if I ever see one. :D

When i was a kid i was walking down the hall toward my room and almost stepped on this huge black furry spider in my way- it was about the size of my hand- as soon as i saw it i froze and my dad had to come scoop it up with a towel and throw it outside. I think that traumatized me cause I'm really scared of spiders now- aracnephobia it's called. Whenever i see one I used to scream and call for my dad t o kill it lol. Now that I'm older i don't scream when i see one- (ok mebbe a little >.>;) but i'm still a little afraid. I've been bitten too. And sometimes I get nightmares were they're crawling all over me in my bed. I have a solution though... it's to destroy every last spider on the face of the earth!

#JapaneseLover#
~Serenity~
[Hispanime] ::Christian-Fellowship::FMA fans::YNM fans::Jpop Fans::SCII fans::QuizCrazy::[Adult-Swim-Watchers]::

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.