Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Question concerning relationship - Minitokyo

Question concerning relationship

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 42 total items

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by Mordinwell you can't gain anything if you don't risk something, I think I
have told you this before, you need to make your life yours, your
parents just doing their job, but they can't be you, it is up to you
whether you want to do it. Everything is hard in life, there is no
short cut, but as long as you don't give up, you can have what you
want, see it with your own experience, because I don't think you want
regrets. I think you and sky are good for each other.

i agree with Mordin
nothing can be gained without risking something ^_^
what mordin says reminds me about the ending to Metal Gear Solid 1
everything in your live is not preordained, you must take control of your life and make it your own there may be obsticles in your path but that shouldn't discourage you at all as long as you are willing to see something to the end...
at leat that's what i think...

equinox01

equinox01

Lost In Darkness

do what you want to do

Signature
I don' Like myself much
Shadow

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

lol, mel, parents will always think that way, especially when it comes to online relationships, it's because of all the bad things the media brings out, when in actuality there's a lot of relationships that end up in marriage aswell! All I can say is it takes a lot of commitment, patience for waiting, and money... Trust is the key as many have said. You're best bet to see how that person actually acts is to call them over the phone or cheaper: audio chat over the internet. Hearing the person speak gives you more an idea of their real personality, it may be different online, slightly.

haha, as for your mother, just do what you feel is right... and make sure you trust her enough to know who she is. I had to lie to my parents saying I was meeting with a friend, when I was meeting with my bf for the first time, I made sure I was meeting in a public area, cos I was taking a risk not telling people where I was exactly. If I told where I was going to meet him, I know I wouldn't be allowed. But I hope everything goes good for you two! good luck!

streamside

streamside

deranged.

your mother always has your best interests at heart. she only cares.

um... i know i might sound nosy, but have you and skysong met up already?
'cause if it's just an online relationship... well... giving my honest opinion i don't think it'll work out so well...

but if you already got together and you've seen each other personally, i think you might find it in yourself to trust each other...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu

"A journey of a thousand miles...
is better in a car."

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

yo mel.....you've been with skysong for really long now if im correct so i guess you 2 practicaly know ALOT bout each other if u all talk often ;) well only thing left is to meet her and start an actual relationship in the real world so good luck im rooting for ya......well you'll never know till you meet rite?and if it goes well in real.....your mom shouldnt be against ya rite??hmmm well thats it cya n good luck

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

I would have to say just follow your heart, you will not be happy even though you follow your parents' words if you really love skysong ^^ you only live your life once, so why not make the best of it ? As for the risks, there are risks in every relationships. Who says only in LDR there are people who lied about who they are ?
Anyway, my point is, just believe in yourself and skysong, after all, relationship starts with trust from both sides... And it's not like you are going to married each other in the internet or something like that -_-

Signature

DarkCrimson

DarkCrimson

Angel on Dragon's Mistress

Well I agree with my sweety.You should take the risk.I bet Sky is a really nice Person.
And if you dont try you never know.^^
I also can understand your Mothers Point too but in the End it is all up to you.Just follow your Heart^^So go for it. ;)

Signature

Quote by Kachie-chanI agree with Keough.Dude, it's your Heart - if you love her, then go for it. :)
There are not many guys (and girls) out there who would be prepared to commit to a Long Distance Relationship. - It's diffucult, but I guess it just depends on the the two people involved.
You seem like a goodun', my friend - I wish you the very best of luck. Best wishes to both of you.
*cough* And I want an Invite to the Wedding *cough* Lol! =^-^= But, nah, seriously, I hope it all works out the way you want it to.
But, try not to be too hard on your mother - it may not seem like it, but she's only caring. Parents always try to watch out for their children, and although we may not always agree with their opinions, like I said, they're just being Parents.
Take it easy, dude. x

I agree with you. If love her very much, then go for it!
Your mother are just caring about you, so try to understand her. It's not easy for parents...
Anyway, I wish the very best of luck... :D

Signature
Member of: ~Make a friend~ ~Serenity~ ~Japanese~ ~FinalFantasyFans~
I'll see you all around, people! :D

mel all i can say is that you fallow your heart, do what you think is right :) and good luck.

DakX

DakX

Inactivity strikes again

Hmm i am in a ldr right now but its not as far as you. I have had 1 before and its not easy. I miss the person i commited to al the time but that just shows that your feelings ar strong enough for something like that. And your mom..... My mom said the same but we ar working out. But i have met here before we got in love (well i fell in love with here the first time i saw here but thats not the point). My mom was against it because she thought that i would get hurt (again). But its just a point of trusting each other. I would sugest you would go for it you only live once and if you really love sky then whats the point? Your biggest problem is the distance but you can get on a plane. Something else, the internet thing: I think that you have seen a picture or something like that before? So that way you know how sky looks so you know that sky isn't lieing (hard word for me don't know if its right). Just follow your your feelings and go do what you want to do.

Please excuse but my english isn't very wel but I am still learning.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by MinatoI hate to say this, but...your mother is right in some aspects...who knows if skysong is who she says she is?

Still...if there's some way you can prove your identities to each other...no. This is probably just a fleeting romance...

one of my friends met her current boyfriend over the internet... he was stationed over in japan (her being in CA) and she took a gamble and flew over to see him. it turned out to be one of those "success" stories.. normally i'd be kind of wary about ppl you've met online, but i'm sure you and skysong have been in contact for a long period of time... :) have you guys talked on the telephone? cuz that's usually something of a way to verify some things... idk... ultimately it is really your decision Mel, so whatever you decide to do good luck! :)

Signature Image

I belive trust is the more important factaron in a relationship, but I'm also going out of one myself, precisely cuz she didn't trust me, so as long as Ur boyh being true to one another, I think it worth.
besides... how can U acomplish anything if u don't try

Groundsquirrel

Groundsquirrel

Happily Married now!

Mel,

I usually dont get involved in the forums particularly other folk's business but I've gone through this kind of thing before and hope I can be of help. First off, your mom is right.. people can definately NOT be who they are or when you finally get together, you may find that personalities change since you can look the person right in the eye and see what that they are saying. Its considerably different than being on the web. That being said, I'd say its worth a trip that you two get together and maybe spend some time together - before you get too seriously involved. Maybe on a long weekend you both meet in some middleground (between Illinois and NY). You both are of age, so decide for yourself.. decide your own fate and what you want to do. All,I know, when I was 18, I wasnt quite sure on the type of girl I wanted to be with yet.. if thats not the case with you, when you get together, you will know if it will work or not. Take a chance on love, spend some time together and see where it leads you.

-----------
"I am Super Baka" - Kagura, Azumanga Daioh

See mah anime collection at: http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Groundsquirrelsb&type=O&sc=C&ls=T

FyeTsukishiro

FyeTsukishiro

Hikaru Hoshi Shooting Star

Well Mel, I think If you are in love and if you trust in Skysong you don't have to cut your relationship with her.
Your mom is right in some aspects and she is trying to protect you, but you and only you decide about your relations, In my opinion I think Skysong is a good girl and an honest person, request to your parents an oportunity her. :)

25chai

25chai

Remorseful One

Love is no distance. Mel, I support you. When she is the one who fated in your life, dun think too much. Go for it.

Priscilla, I Love You.
Signature
Temari's Sig credited to Rebel Soul Kaze Sama.

cereshe22

cereshe22

goddess

oh really? u and skysong are inlove? im so happy for the both of you. i hope u just both know how to keep ur relationship in good terms eventhough ur miles away with each other. good luck for the both of you! :D

i think if you love each other then you shouldn't be listening to other people, even though it's your mom saying these things, you shouldn't listen because she migt just be afraid of letting you go off on your own for some girl, if you really love here, then no matter what anyone says, yuo'll do what you think is right.

Sira

Sira

Sira Keogh Lombard

i am belive in the love for internet

Todo depende de uno

"Miembro de: [Hispanime]"
"Miembro de: [Ecchi-club]"

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 42 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.