Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Some ripped wallpapers... - Minitokyo

Some ripped wallpapers...

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Ikorus

Ikorus

Silly Narcissist

I think all of us appreciate each other's wallpapers and we know how much work it takes just to make one. So I think I should tell you all that some wallpapers here from MT and many other sites as well are being ripped by other people at another community called "theOtaku." Visit this link to http://wallpapers.theotaku.com. Many members there are getting so many downloads for wallpapers they didn't even make themselves. They change the signature of the original waller. Most of the time the rippers are the ones on the "Most prolific" and "most popular" artists list. It's going to be difficult to really check if your wallpapers are being ripped there, but I still think that we should know this.

I was part of that community first before learning about MiniTokyo. I left the place for good I guess. So many rippers there... I was really pissed. A little childish, I admit, but I won't be part of a community with little respect for great wallers.

Signature
Latest wall: Archway to the Elysian Fields (an original abstract wallpaper)
I'll only dread one day at a time. - Charlie Brown

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

hmm, only wall I saw ripped was Jin's.. Most of them suck O_o
can't see any others as I quickly browsed.. but this sort of thing is expected to happen over the internet, so easy can someone grab a wall from here and edit out a signature even.

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

Oh yeah I've been there. My walls have been ripped too.

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

ewwwwwwww.. that's quite alarming.

And they become popular too?! omgoodness!

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Ripp from Jin O.o....ok...i dont wanna see the result of that >.<...

Like Devi says,the most of the walls there really suxs(i visit this page a couple of days ago searching for a nice image of Okita Souji).
Visit animegalleries.net and u will find also a lot of ripps from MT ^^,is the life over the net,try to learn about it.

K I R A B O S H I !

streamside

streamside

deranged.

um.. there's another thread for this, if you don't mind... you should post there, a lot of other people would listen - i.e. the mods.
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/9602/

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu

"A journey of a thousand miles...
is better in a car."

kamiru

kamiru

life live

i think its a problem, there has been a problem with projectzen also, they were attacked by hackers who put a lot of spam in there, and the site had to close, that really make me very sad, as i was a follower of projectzen.

kami chan

i dont think its really ripped though, i think they just put it there for like everyone can go to one spot to get it and not search for everythign, animewallpapers are like that too

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Man , instead of being "bad a**" like Minitokyo walls, theirs are just "a** bad". I was a regular at projectzen too... that totally sucks.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

onimakura

onimakura

under new management

i knew a guy who ripped, but he shortly died when his head exploded so i guess it was a good ending XD

under new management

^ :hmpf:

Yeah, I've been in that site, too. I even submit wallpapers of mine. You can amost see who rips and who doesn't (change in style of walling, questionable blurry parts that sort of stuff.)

What you should do is: Post in the Suggestions and Complants subforum of OtakuBoards about the wallies and the staff wil happily delete the rippeld walls (they'll ban the member , to boot!) Sammo-dono's been there and that's exactly what they did.

There've been cases of MT walls popping up in 4chan. Probably rip them 'cause no one below Level 10 can download them goodies. *nod, nod* Not all people want to labor through hours of posting in MT just to acquire a single wallpaper. 'Tleast that's what I reckon.

I've being to taht site as well, i was about to join, but since i heard about this thread, i now refuse to join. I hate when walls get ripped which took the original author hard work to produce them in the first place.

Signature Image

Groups.....::Minitokyo-Australia::. .::Chibi-Fest::. .::KpopFans::.

- from patients comes perfection, although patients has it's limits -

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

I've even seen a couple of my walls (as well as other sites walls) printed on yearly calendars and sold.... (I think it was Toys n Joys or something that was selling them; they denied having a hand in production however). Probably could have slapped an intellectual property copyrights infringment suit on them.

sakurasuki

sakurasuki

rakuen

i think it's wrong for people to do that. people should have their own artistic skill, though i don't really want to be critical and say that those are bad, it's not right.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.