page 1 of 1 13 total items

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Cancel

Every fora seems to have a few, and maybe they are only doing their best in trying to be helpful.

But do we need/like/hate people, who think that their, maybe Longterm presence / High level / Bad or Good writing skills / Blood type. gives them in their eyes a right to act as one ?

What is your take on pseudo / wannabe mods?

edit:
Option 3: As long as they don't overdo it.
But where lies the line between a helpful member or a pseudo mod??

(if a real one reads this, is it possible to add option 3 to the poll tnxie)

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Cancel

Well i can't pick either of those choices since i sorta think they're useful to an extent.
when i first came to this site it took me a couple hours to figure things out, but it wasn't very difficult. However, i can see how younger people or those that don't understand english as well, would need some help so thats where a "pseudo-mod" could come in handy.
But, any member could offer advice actually since most of us here are nice and helpful and want to see other members get off on the right foot. The problem with "pseudo-mods" is that when they start feeling like all their reporting and such gives them power so then they start making threats and such. Also, some of those that like to hang around here like 24-7 think that that just because they're here all the time or that they're vetern members means that they have more power over others. Theirs really only 3 classes here, mods, regular members, and idiots.

oh well enough of that ranting...time to go to practice~

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

• Apr 23, 2005

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Cancel

Quote by ChopstickzWell i can't pick either of those choices since i sorta think they're
useful to an extent.
when i first came to this site it took me a couple hours to figure
things out, but it wasn't very difficult. However, i can see how
younger people or those that don't understand english as well, would
need some help so thats where a "pseudo-mod" could come in handy.
But, any member could offer advice actually since most of us here are
nice and helpful and want to see other members get off on the right
foot. The problem with "pseudo-mods" is that when they start feeling
like all their reporting and such gives them power so then they start
making threats and such. Also, some of those that like to hang around
here like 24-7 think that that just because they're here all the time
or that they're vetern members means that they have more power over
others. Theirs really only 3 classes here, mods, regular members, and
idiots. oh well enough of that ranting...time to go to practice~

chop i know who yer talkin about ...well as long as those pseudo-mods dont overdo it its fine by me =P im not the one who needs help but they're useful >_> making my life easier =P

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Cancel

Nothing wrong with a member pointing someone in the right direction or letting people know of rules should they have maybe broken one. Educates the masses [a little atleast ;) ] and the higher level helps because if you see a higher number, then you presume they know what they're on about ^^; .

Obviously, some may take it too far, but that's something for the mods to deal with if they don't like it.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Tsuna

Tsuna

-In A Whirlwind-

Cancel

Well, if somebody is doing something wrong, then it's reasonable to tell them. But for the people that act like their all high and mighty are just idiots. And reporting someone for being off-topic for 2 posts? What the hell! One of those "pseudo mods" did that to me before, and I felt like whacking them upside the head.

• Apr 23, 2005

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Cancel

I hate pseudo-mods 100%, No money back guaran-damn-tee.

But some minor advice and stuff is alrite to me.

Cancel

<lol> I don't have a problem with pseudo-mods, per se.. XD I like people who help out. But mindless arrogance in general tends to annoy me somewhat. ^_^' So.. I guess that's pretty normal? Liking nice people? XD Ehh..

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

Cancel

rooofl...........pseudo mods......ahahahaha
iduno...........i find that funny >_<!

u know whats even funnier.....pseudo wallpaper makers rofl @_@!....
<===example #1 -_-

votes for Bad! get a life, i dun need a would-be tell me what to do

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Cancel

Go, Sir Boing! Wacky reply as always. Hahahaha

XDD

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

Cancel

sickening, they are. and i'm not even going to say "as long as they dont overdo it" because if they didn't overdo it, they wouldn't be considered a "pseudo-mod".
they just make it seem like they know everything and treat every noob like a dumbass. just because they are new to the forum doesn't mean they are new to life.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Cancel

I guess I'm going to toss my two cents in the pot here as one of the two active moderators of a group, Chaos Cross, formed to assist new members of the community. As such, it has been considered by some to be an extremely helpful group (the two Noob Bibles were products of this group) as well as disdain and dislike by people who felt that the members of Chaos Cross were, as some noted above, full of themselves.

I have to say that when I was made admin of the group by xandman, my guiding principle was that the group was one of members who didn't mind devoting some of their free time in helping new members out, making sure to stand by to greet them and answer questions. Some others had a different view of the group; they felt that by virtue of its mission, the group occupied a region between the members and the moderators. In a certain sense, by trying to do what it could to better the community and help its members, the group serves to fulfill some intermediary function and help with more minor issues so that the moderators can focus on the larger issues. On the other hand, members of Chaos Cross are just normal members of Minitokyo like everyone else; that they have decided to step up to devote some time and effort does not impart upon them any special status.

As I said, there had been some misunderstandings among the membership, but these have been ironed out over time. In fact, to be honest, the group is now mostly inactive, some of its most prominent and/or visible members (xandman, afan, and for a time, myself) having left Minitokyo. I would love to see more people join and help out, especially people who are wary of vigilantes and "pseudo-mods" to make sure that Chaos Cross stays the path of members helping members and doesn't stray off into the path of members bullying members.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me and I'll see what I can do to be of assistance!

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Cancel

There's only one member I can think of who can truly fit this description of a pseudo-mod very well over here... but I'm not going to directly say this individual's name. It's better that way.

Anyways, like my friend shinsengumi pointed out, I used to remember back then when there were many duplicate thread reporters out there, and I was pretty much one of the few who helped out as well.

Unfortunately, there did come a problem when reporting duplicate threads to new members seemed a little problematic at times. I could see clearly by the expressions on the new members' faces that they didn't like it, so I decidingly was willing to stop reporting such threads many months ago and let the others take over - and rather have some fun instead. It's nice to lead new members in the right direction by helping them out, but I find it sometimes a terrible way to overpower other members if this sort of thinking process begins to falter and lose its main devoted purpose over time.

Yes, I especially hate it when people who constantly report items do so not to clearly help out the community but rather do it to gain a "higher status" over the other members - as reliable and trustworthy individuals. There should clearly be a fine line between helping people and letting the mods take care of the business, so that no one goes out of control and act all bossy, of course.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

Cancel

I do report a few rips here and there, but only because I hate seeing credit going to someone who did nothing more than save and upload a pretty wallpaper they found.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.