Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are video game's musics copyright free? - Minitokyo

Are video game's musics copyright free?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

I am wondering, because I noticed that janet jackson used the melody of yuzo koshiro (famous meagdrive games music composer like street of rage or sonic)
so she used the music from master system sonic (bridge zone) to make her music together again without any credit...
lol this one isn't obvious, but then on her other musics from her album all for you calld china love, she used a mucis from the game legend of mana on playstation without any credit...
so is it just plagiarized?

weee this thread is pointless >.> I was bored.

Most certainly not. Nothing is produced without copyright. (You can release it into the public domain at some later point, but I digress.)

Do you mean she sampled the music or lifted it straight from the game? The former is accepted under certain situations but the latter sounds dodgy. It is certainly illegal to take anyone else's work and claim it as one's own. If you use it as a basis for further work you should at least acknowledge the source... getting permission from the creator would be the polite thing to do though. (Not entirely sure about the legal situation in this instance.)

sanmadjack

sanmadjack

Tube tops are too cylindrical

In that instance, it's still illegal, as she is making money off of it. Unless she paid royalties, which she probably did, it's most definately not legal.

Signature
Registered Linux user 395626
Hi-Res Icons - http://www.rabiez.tk/
Want a gmail address? Let me know, I've got invites coming out of my butt!

i never notuce thta

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.