Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you prefer? read the manga or see the anime? - Minitokyo

What do you prefer? read the manga or see the anime?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

KennyMcCormmick

KennyMcCormmick

+The Angel Slayer+

Most of the time i prefer to read the manga because sometimes the anime modifies the original history of the manga.
But is very cool see the anime action.. hum...
Guess i don't really prefer one of the two, maybe the two have your best side... =D
And what do you prefer? Or like both, just like me? x)

Koutetsu

Koutetsu

The power of Aiur overwhelms you

Seeing that I despise manga, I would MUCH rather watch anime than read about it. Like Initial D for instance. I want to hear the rev of the engine and see the movement of the car, not try to envision what is happening with still, uncolored shots of cars.

Signature
"Shed no tears for me. My glory lives forever!"

I usually like the manga better, because generally it's the original material and the art tends to be prettier and much more detailed than anime. It can capture emotion and motion just as well as anime at times, too.

Xaki-the-forbidden-one

Xaki-the-forbidden-one

Terror In The Soul

I like both. The manga usually has more story to it but the anime actually lets you see whats happening.

snowflakez

snowflakez

yukijorou || yuki-hime

i usually stick to animes, cuz sometimes wen u watch the anime after u read the manga, it kinda spoil e fun wen u alreadi know what's gonna happen. but then again, sometimes, the anime hv a few setbacks, like bg music tt doesnt suit the scene, and VA tt doesnt really go w the character...but i watch more animes than reading the manga, thou i really hv no exact preferance . n i hv nothing against manga either..

Signature

KennyMcCormmick

KennyMcCormmick

+The Angel Slayer+

Quote by whiteberryI usually like the manga better, because generally it's the original material and the art tends to be prettier and much more detailed than anime. It can capture emotion and motion just as well as anime at times, too.

That is exactelly what i think =D
But, like i said, i like both! =P

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

usually i prefer the manga, just because you can take it places and its what the author originally created, but on some serieses you need to hear the voices, like in Full Moon wo Sagashite, i wanna hear the songs rather than just read the lyrics

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

There are already a number of threads on this topic. . . to see what other Minitokyo members think, take a look at threads such as

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/14251/
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/11922/

Please remember to search before you post to make sure you don't clutter up the forums with duplicates!

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Actually while I tend to prefer a lot of the anime to the manga, I also prefer to experiance it both ways. They compliment each other very well in there own ways. It gives a fuller experiance when you have seen the anime and read the manga, I feel.

My ever growing website Anime Fountain.

My forum with TONS of Anime, Video Game, J-Music news and more posted on a nearly daily basis. We search it out so you don's have to. The Anime Fountain Forum

bani-kyu

bani-kyu

"The Cat's Meow"

I kind of manage to watch and read both at once, most of the time. That way, I can compare parts as I go. But, granted, I have a choice between the two, I will read the manga first, as it always seems to give that much more of the story, so when I watch the anime, those grey areas are kind of shaded in =^.^=

I prefer manga of course. Sometime the art of anime are just so sucks... and the story plot is changed from the original. But an axception for card captor sakura... :D

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

for the most part i prefer the manga... because it seems like for the anime versions they always cut down the stories... for instance... i love the fruits basket manga... don't get me wrong i liked the anime too, but since the manga continues on from where the anime left off... i like it better... another example was ayashi no ceres... they cut out SO much of the story from the manga... they also cut out one of my favorite characters! >=(

Signature Image

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

read the manga is the best ^^ you can always imagine how each charas move and their voices and such, it just destroy my dream when the anime turned out not as expected (like, the seiyuu is not suitable, the chara is drawn differently, they change the plot)

Signature

ssraid

ssraid

~shinigami~

I dont know.. I like both. I'll watch the anime and read the manga. Usally the manga has a different story comparted to the anime. Take mai-hime for example the mange is completely different for the anime.... so to get the full effect you go to do both.

The one who dies with the most anime wins. Signature Image
Member of ecchi-club ::kittycats =(^_^)= ::
make-a-friend :: mt-singles-club::
sleep-whats-that :: pyromaniacs-of-mt
Yuri-lovers

Lend your support and help save a dying Anime Board.

ShadowWingz

ShadowWingz

I like both because you get to read the manga and you get to watch the anime of it. ^.^ But sometimes the anime is really different from the manga.

Through the wings of darkness will shine the light.

it depends on anime, but most of the time i prefer watch anime

Signature

luiz

luiz

ha ya...

you have that to see the two,but,the manga backwards complete history.

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

The mangas are more often superior to the anime. I beleive there is a long list of series where the anime came to and end while the manga still continued on to complete the story. Love Hina, DearS and Video Girl Ai the manga contines from where the anime leaves off.

Rare is it when the anime surpasses the manga. Urusei Yatsura is the only anime I know of that has done this.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

KennyMcCormmick

KennyMcCormmick

+The Angel Slayer+

Quote by TheClowI prefer manga of course. Sometime the art of anime are just so sucks...

An example of this is Love Hina, the manga is soh much better than the anime version, i don't know why but the anime is very sux, not only the art was modified but the history was a litle too...
tha's a shame =/

I enjoy watching anime more than reading manga, the black and white pics just don't cut it for me most of the time, especially when there is an anime based on that manga.

Don't ge me wrong I like reading manga as well just not as much as watching a nice anime.

onimakura

onimakura

under new management

read manga, except for hellsing, its better in anime than manga

under new management

VagrantDreamer

VagrantDreamer

Daydreaming ...

usually it depends on the anime, but most likely i'll tend to watfch the anime as its a lot more efficient to get

CoolOtaku

AllRPGer

I prefer the anime because I just get tired of no sound so quickly *shrug*

Beccieboo

H e l l o . . .

i love manga, but i also love anime becaus you get to see the manga come to life (even though some of the modifications suck)

I'm still here. . . all thats left of yesterday. . .

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.