Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Spiral Not Worth It...? - Minitokyo

Spiral Not Worth It...?

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

When I see many people gushing about an anime/manga I haven't heard about proclaiming it to be great, I usually think it's worth checking out. And I give it a try.

Spiral seems to be immensely popular. I've now watched the entire series and don't see why. The story is unique, but repetative and full of holes. It's based on a group called the Blade Children and the whole series revolves around people asking "What are they?" and you never find out. Nothing about why they have powers or do the things they do or are hunted. Just that it's their "destiny".

Maybe I missed it in the show, and it just didn't hold my attention enough to grab it.

So, why is it you like the series, if you do. Is there anyone else who feels the same as I do?

For one I like the story but you're right... Many things are left uncertain... Untill now I still don't now what are the Blade children curse! And where in hell is Ayumu's brother?
But I think watching Spiral is worth it cause like you say it is unique....

rorikon

mabinogi - fantasy LIFE

Maybe you should check out the Spiral manga, it seems to have the answer to the questions "what is the blade children?" and "where is Narumi Kiyotaka?"

And I remembered my mother words...
"She's still in the sky... waiting for you. Crying alone. We all found her and came close to her but... none of us... could save her."

"You wish for her to smile."
"Will I be able to?"
"I'm sure you will.... But, if you want to live you own life, you could forget about her. You could leave it all behind and live your own life..."
"But someday... you'll remember all of it. Because it's our destiny, you two will meet... somewhere..."

The princess smiled... she just met her only friend.

Signature

Yeah! I want to read the manga! But, with Spiral (which I buy) the age old question is: Is there going to be a 2nd season? It was the same thing with the Fruits Basket anime--I love Spiral personally. The story is great, and it has lots of bishies ^_^

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

Yeah!! Spiral is a very nice anime! The story is very awesome. The mysteries... I really love it. ^___^ It's so nice! ^___^
I really like the episode when Rio and Ayumu have a rematch! It's very very nice. ^__^
I like Spiral so much. ^__^
"The melody of logic will always play out the truth." -Ayumu

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I THink Spiral is very very cool and in fact considered getting it before I saw the end... I may collect the anime if more was made, but as things are I think I'll keep my eyes open for maga releases 'cuz I hate it when I'm left with nagging questions. (Fruits Basket at least leaves you with a sense of accomplishment. Spiral leaves you with nothing)

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by rorikonMaybe you should check out the Spiral manga, it seems to have the answer to the questions "what is the blade children?" and "where is Narumi Kiyotaka?"

So another case of "anime leaving vital things out" /sigh

I expect the manga also goes farther, a complaint others have of the anime?

I love the anime spiral but the manga is better. It's true that the story is incomplete and it is a little different from the manga, so like these guys say check out the manga. I love mysteries. hehe... In the manga, i heard that ayumu is fighting against the brother of the guy who created the blade children. I kinda forgot though....

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Someone created the Blade Children?! See, that's more that the anime ever gave about them, lol! -_-;;

Quote by az-chanIn the manga, i heard that ayumu is fighting against the brother of the guy who created the blade children.

That there is a plot line that could have saved the anime.

--Azmaria--

--Azmaria--

Sweetie angel candy voice!!

Hiya!!!! Just have seen the first episode XD I can't opinate right now..... but I hope the series are going to be great for me... I want the entire series and I hope it not decepcionate me XDDD
Byyyyyyeeeeee!!!!!!!

Signature

Liz

Liz

I'm as cold as it gets

I wanted to see this but am not sure after what you said was it really bad? you won't recommend it to others in other words?

Signature Image

"He who smiles the most carries greater the silent rage within." - Unknown

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by LizI wanted to see this but am not sure after what you said was it really bad? you won't recommend it to others in other words?

Right now, honestly, I couldn't. I would not recommend a story to someone that leaves so many holes and questions unanswered. If plot's not so much an issue for you and you want bishies and games, then you might enjoy it...? Otherwise it doesn't seem worth it unless you've read the manga.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.