Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 photoshop stitching - Minitokyo

photoshop stitching

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

mm...me gots a lot of scans that are double pages...and i was just wonderin how u guys stitch em up?...ne functions in photoshop that u guys use? u'll all benefit if i know how to do it :) some incentive hahaha

raging_otter

Not In

hmmm my method is: calculate how many pixels the combined height or width of both pictures will be, then create a new file, and copy paste both separate pictures into that new file...

umm i hope you understand what im trying to say here :)

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

thas not the problem...i've done that...it's just that since it's two pages...the mid section is missing and i have recg it...and i'm not quite sure how to go about that

sword

sword

wuzzahh

...........well u just recg it. use ur pen tool, blur , healing wand, polygonal lasso and draw away!! its really tedious and usually jobs require at least a few hours to finish but the rewards are outstanding. it'll take a lot of effort and ur own creativity but yea..gl!

raging_otter

Not In

oo well ive got some scans with that problem too... :\
ive tried using the "Clone Stamp Tools" in the photoshop, but the end result is just so so...
lets wait for other suggestions from guys whos more experienced in photohop

sword

sword

wuzzahh

most good scans require recg - so u better learn how to do it :)

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

me have same problem, but its not recging that i need. ya know the function u use when you stick 4 fotos to make a panoramic?

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

When you scan, make sure you scan overlaps. Have an extra large canvas larger than what all your pieces together (the final scan size) needs - you'll crop it later. Put all your pieces on separate layers.
Position the bottom layer where it should be on the canvas. Put the next layer so that the overlaps roughly match. Then set the layer blending mode to either multiply or difference. You'll see a ghost of the lower layer. Move the upper layer until the "ghost" disappears - in multiply, you won't have a double image; in difference, the image will be mostly black. You may need to rotate the upper layer slightly to match. Then add a mask to the upper layer and using a gradiant, create a gradual transition from the bottom to the upper layer. This should get rid of any last ghosting effects - you may need to mess with the gradiant to get the best, seamless, effect. Return the upper layer to normal mode and repeat as neccessary for all layers.
Finally, flatten the image and crop it so that only your scan is in the image.

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

lol...u seem to kno a lot about this...now wat do u do if u weren't the one that scanned the pictures...and u didn't scan overlaps...watever that means...cuz ur speakin smart photoshop language...i'm a noob when it comes to photoshop...just startin to learn it's tricks...thanx for all the help though :) much appreciated

I do that all the time, and here's my method: I scan the double, triple and 8-page posters from megami, one of my lates additions, 'Can I fall In Love' was an 8-page poster. In the case of the 2-page posters, you do three scannings, the top page, the bottom page, and another one taking the middle, with half of the top, half of the bottom, including the line in between them. ''¡¡Make sure that you're aligning them on the same side on your scanner all the time, use one of the sides as a reference, that way you don't have to modify the angle of the pictures later on!!!''. After that, You check the pixels of the image, and create a new file (all these on photoshop), with enough space to paste all three parts, and some extra just in case. What you do is this, you placed the scan for the center of the image on the bottom, then the bottom and top page on top of it (I hop it isn´t confuisng). Try to align them, when they´re aligned, then Change the format (From RGB to something else, then put it back on RGB, and don´t forget to flaten the image). IF you notice that any of the 3 scans has dark sides, feel free to cut them off, after all, you have the middle image on the bottom to cover for the loss of picture, right?. After it is flatten, just us your clone-stamp tool and erase the line at the center, or just leave it, it shoudn´t be that ugly. If you want to use any filters, you can use the 'Noice - Despeckle, which clarifys the pic a little, and use the levels a little.

Well, I hope this helps you out a little, if you have any questions, just let me know.

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

wat if all u had were the top and bottom scans?...cuz that's wat i need...i dun have these mags to scan...i just have sources that scan these pictures...i dun really kno them so it's out of the question that i ask them to scan it ur way haha :) thanx all

Then what you do, is to put them both on the same page, like before, and then put them as close as possible, and use the clone-stamp tool to fill-in the white line, no other choice. If you have a digital Pen, use it at will.

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

wat's a digital pen? lol...u should be at lvl 50 just for knowing all this stuff lol...ne websites u kno of for photoshop stuff is much appreciated...i know there's a thread for it somewhere...nehoo thanx for the help :)

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.