Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What genres of anime u like the most? and why? - Minitokyo

What genres of anime u like the most? and why?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

neruson

neruson

( ^_^ ) weeee

Well the ones i like the most are, comedy, schoolkids, action and romance too. The one i really like is comedy, cause this genre makes me feel happy. For me, the comedy ones are the most interesting^^,and i like all the kind of cute stuff^^ (chibi fan)

now is your turn, i would like to know the kind of anime genres u like^^ (sorry if this is not a good thread...)

" i can't express my feelings... only my pencil can do that for me..."
Signature Image

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Welll the anime that appeal to me most (storywise only) are shounen-ai and slash (Shounen-ai is when there's a definite pairing of two guys in a romantic relationship and Slash is when there are two guys in such a close relationship that it can be considered something more, even if it isn't) I find these relationships just so interesting since they tend to be accompanied with either a lot of comedy or a lot of angst, sometimes both.

I also like my anime to have a firm base in reality with any unreal/abnormalities explained by some sort of system in the anime that makes sense (This goes for everything from Mech to Magic) I think Chibi is an awesome tool for comedy or expressing emotion, but being completely chibi is a little much.

I also like "Coming of Age" stories. This generally involves kids or teenagers or people who have just graduated from high school and trying to find their place in the world. THey can be anything from happy and fun with difficult people getting in the way of the main character, or they can be angtsy and dark.

Overall, I think I prefer "Shoujo" over "Shounen", though Shounen can be fun and appealing too XD I just like a lot of different stuff and it all depends on the whole thing in the end...

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

freetime

freetime

Anime_FreaK

hmm.. if there's a manga dat have complicated character, and infusion of fighting, romance, comedy, abit of chibi, abit of revealing of skin (not too much though) ^_^' i wud surely buy.. hehe.. XP

iM noT a sTranGer.. juZ a fRen Dat u haVen mEt.. =P

I really like the harem aspect. A guy or girl surrounded by many of the opposite sex is truly a strange thing. After all, when would that sorta thing ever happen in life.

Most of them seem to have lots of comedy bits. The girls always seem to hit the guy for being clumsy. That really brings it out since it ain't there fault.

Signature

The genre I really like is romance/drama. I'm such a sucker for that stuff. Although, after watching Peach Girl and getting totally pissed off I think I like more romance than drama.

freetime

freetime

Anime_FreaK

Quote by DragonFlykmI really like the harem aspect. A guy or girl surrounded by many of the opposite sex is truly a strange thing. After all, when would that sorta thing ever happen in life.
Most of them seem to have lots of comedy bits. The girls always seem to hit the guy for being clumsy. That really brings it out since it ain't there fault.

haha.. yeah yeah rite.. in real life there's no such thing.. hence its entertaining.. =P

iM noT a sTranGer.. juZ a fRen Dat u haVen mEt.. =P

yieloon

yieloon

#1 Slacker

Serious action/drama/dark (gantz,elfen lied, juuni kokki, berserk, tsukime) or highschool stuff like azumanga, school rumble and sensei no ojikan.

Signature

They say that god arranged relationships, but men created separation.

Urm ...
- comedy
- fighting
- bit of silliness
- shounen

Generally I like watching comedy/fighting/shounen the best (Naruto, Bleach, FMP) the best cause it's done really well and watching funny stuff is a definite must for me... serious drama and sci-fi is not really my taste ... as for shoujo kinda stuff ... I like it in mangas better than anime - anime tends to kinda go overboard and make it crappy and corny.

"Life is not about the number of breaths you take in a moment, rather the number of moments that take your breath away."

Raizer

Raizer

~Death God~

Quote by yieloonSerious action/drama/dark (gantz,elfen lied, juuni kokki, berserk,
tsukime) or highschool stuff like azumanga, school rumble and sensei no
ojikan.

me too >_>

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I really like comedy in my anime and a twist of fantasy and romance. To be exact, I like school settings with bishounen and school romance. :D And also some basketball or soccer, baseball, tennis bishii would be great! XD

i like anime that takes it self seriusly. Im not a big fan of romance because its akward where a parent walks in and they see two anime characters trying to express their feelings to each other. Its just to wierd

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

I prefer high school animes but not always. For genres, I like action, adventure, comedy, mixed with romance.

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

lthnadml

lthnadml

Chasing shadows . . .

My fave is action/fantasy! :D

A nocturnal concerto,Candlelight whispers me where to go,Hymn of gathering stars as my guide,As I wander on this path of the night

Meteorain

Meteorain

Celestial Judgement

I mostly like to read romance/comedy/ecchi combined mangas like Ichigo 100%, Love Hina, Girls Saurus

But I also like action and action/fantasy such as Black Cat, Bleach, and NGE

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

action/fantasy.and a big no to homosexually themed anime or even movies..not trying to flame..

ashley50

ashley50

Dreaming Tank Buster

I go for Comedy-ecchi animes.....Mechas also and some Sci-fi ones....

What can I say?
Let's~ Volt ~IN!

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

i ain't got nothin against you but i think there's a thread like this and it was closed

here: http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/21018

i love mecha!

I WANT LULU'S HAREM

I love meccha and paranormal.

Gundam Wing/SeeD/SeeD Destiny and X, but Naruto is also a big favourite so umm...yeah

Later

Ghai

Ghai

Xullreyvias

i posted it on another thread but since it got closed i gues si'll psot it here

i like fantasy but those with a romance genre mixed into it. i also like the romance genre and its so hard to choose between these 2. a mix of both is best for me.

ZGMF-X09A

Gundam SEED / Destiny Fanatic

Mecha and fighting. Mecha for their impressive bots, and fighting for all those cool quotes and moves.

slsfavanime

slsfavanime

Akitsuki_sama no kotoba

I would go for adventure or action, mystery or thriller then comedy.... not so in to mecha but i have watch EVA n Vandread n full metal panic... they r great too!

i like romance, and fantasy because they drive my mind to another world.

It must have either well-written, entertaining drama/comedy, or awesome CG sci-fi effects. Either is fine, but it absolutely MUST have an attractive female character. If there's nothing good to look at, I get bored easily.

Ok, so Bleach dosn't really meet those guidelines, but it's well-written enough to hold my attention.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.